2015 Draft thread. McEichel part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseyMitts37

Mar 2, 2013
Buffalo
It's kind of funny that Saturday we are going to know who we are getting already. Last year we were almost certain that we'd have our pick of forwards and the consensus reached Reinhart by showtime...but you still had to wait and see with Florida floating those trade rumors and is Vancouver coming up and blah blah. Not this time. Lock it down and buy your jersey.

Only problem will be figuring out what number Eichel will wear

Kane has #9 and #11 is obviously retired, so he might wear #15 because he has worn that number for Team USA before.

WpgBuffan

Jun 9, 2008
It's kind of funny that Saturday we are going to know who we are getting already. Last year we were almost certain that we'd have our pick of forwards and the consensus reached Reinhart by showtime...but you still had to wait and see with Florida floating those trade rumors and is Vancouver coming up and blah blah. Not this time. Lock it down and buy your jersey.

Yeah after the lottery we will know which guy at the top of the draft that we will get. Hopefully there will be a lot of good talk about who we want with our other first and two seconds. Since a lot of people want a left handed defenseman, why is there not much talk about Thomas Chabot. Our pick will be right in his wheelhouse.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Only problem will be figuring out what number Eichel will wear

Kane has #9 and #11 is obviously retired, so he might wear #15 because he has worn that number for Team USA before.

Hopefully the Super Sleuths at HockeyHotline will ask him if they interview him. Because that's always a question they ask.

Hipcheck13

Jul 26, 2014
NY
He could combine his old numbers and wear 20, I don't think it will be occupied much longer. Personally I would like him to wear 13, I just like how it looks on a jersey.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
@ErieOtters 39s39 seconds ago
GOOOOOAL! WOW, @cmcdavid97 goes behind the net, passes back to @betz_12 between his legs and Nick puts it home! 2-0 #OTTERS!

BUCKSHOT

""""""""""""""""""""""
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
@ErieOtters 39s39 seconds ago
��GOOOOOAL!�� WOW, @cmcdavid97 goes behind the net, passes back to @betz_12 between his legs and Nick puts it home! 2-0 #OTTERS!

that was a swweeeett pass !

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
Now another assist

@ErieOtters 31s31 seconds ago
��GOOOOOOOAL!�� @Brinksy97 gets in on the fun with a one-timer from @cmcdavid97!! It’s 4-0 with 7:19 to go!

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
Each team that is eliminated increases our odds..... obviously.....so starting at pick 5, assuming it makes it that far....the Sabre's likelihood of winning are roughly at

pick 5.....32%
pick 4.....37%
pick 3.....44%
pick 2.....60%
pick 1.....bingo....this is the one I want

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
Possible Eichel numbers:

#9 - BU and US number. Would have to buy it off Kane somehow: unlikely
#11 - Youth & U18 number. Would have to get ok from Perreault & organization: unlikely
#15 - Wore it for U20s US team: Most Likely
#46 - Wore it for the U17 USDP: Possible, but unlikely
#96 - Birth year
#97 - Would be kind of funny

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
Each team that is eliminated increases our odds..... obviously.....so starting at pick 5, assuming it makes it that far....the Sabre's likelihood of winning are roughly at

pick 5.....32%
pick 4.....37%
pick 3.....44%
pick 2.....60%
pick 1.....bingo....this is the one I want

What are you trying to say here? What do you mean "team that is eliminated"? That isn't how this all works.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
I'm just salvitating at the idea of McDavid playing for Buffalo. I honestly feel confident about this draft and winning the lottery. This will be our year.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
I think he's assuming they reveal the winner like they did last year, though I don't think they are.

The actual odds are still 20%.

I hope they don't do that. What do they do for the entire show if the 12th team or something wins?

Mit Yarrum

HoF Turd Shiner
Apr 1, 2010
I think he's assuming they reveal the winner like they did last year, though I don't think they are.

Right but that's just for show. It doesn't do anything to our actual odds. Maybe I'm misunderstanding.

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
What are you trying to say here? What do you mean "team that is eliminated"? That isn't how this all works.

I understand that....there is a drawing....a winner......we have a 1 in 5 chance of winning...I know our odds don't increase as descending teams don't get the golden card (are eliminated)...but the deeper the lottery gets. the chance of us being the winner increases. So if teams 14 through 6 don't win and it comes down to 5 teams, the chance in percentage of us being the winner has increased from 20% to 32%.

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011

Yeah you were right, I thought they might be doing a similar "Gold Card" elimination format like they did last year and I was basing the percentages on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad