2015 Draft thread. McEichel part 5

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

enthusiast

cybersabre his prophet
Oct 20, 2009
What are the chances, if there are any at all, that Eichel returns to BU in the fall?

If I'm a high-ranked amateur in a pro sport I'm hitting for the scrill asap as a financial safety net. I guess the counterexample would be Andrew Luck, but he came from wealth.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Low enough that posing the question was silly.

:dunno: depends where he goes. The most likely destination, Buffalo, he'll likely be in the NHL right away

In Arizona I could see them asking him to go back to school. I'm convinced the ownerships goal there is relocation. Do they really want a young marketable center to stop them short of their 50 million loss goal?

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
If I'm a high-ranked amateur in a pro sport I'm hitting for the scrill asap as a financial safety net. I guess the counterexample would be Andrew Luck, but he came from wealth.

NCAA gets a little fuzzy because they can become UFA if they want at a certain point. (3 years I believe)

Eichel won't get anywhere near that time in College hockey. IF he goes back, it'll be for one season tops. And that's a big IF

Fearnot

Nov 13, 2013
New York
Certainly higher now, given how they lost.

Going to be interesting to see. I'd think the chances are 90% that he's in the NHL, but I never presume to know what 18-year olds think. And I deal with them on a daily basis.
You work at a planned parenthood?
I hope Eichel doesn't stay in college.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
NCAA gets a little fuzzy because they can become UFA if they want at a certain point. (3 years I believe)

Eichel won't get anywhere near that time in College hockey. IF he goes back, it'll be for one season tops. And that's a big IF

He'd become an UFA in August after his senior year. Coincidentally, McDavid could decide not to sign, stay in Erie get redrafted, refuse to sign and then become an UFA also. Either way its unlikely to happen.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
He'd become an UFA in August after his senior year. Coincidentally, McDavid could decide not to sign, stay in Erie get redrafted, refuse to sign and then become an UFA also. Either way its unlikely to happen.

Is that true? What are the exactly rules regarding that, and what sort of compensation would the team that drafted him receive?

ZeroPT*

Is that true? What are the exactly rules regarding that, and what sort of compensation would the team that drafted him receive?

I think it's a pick, 30 slots after he was originally taken

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo

Yupp, for 1st round picks only. So basically teams get an extra second if they fail to sign a 1st rounder.

Signability: If a player is not drafted by age of 20, that player becomes an unrestricted free agent. A player not signed by drafted team within two years can reenter draft, assuming they are still eligible, and if they are not eligible, will become unrestricted an free agent. A team has the rights of an NCAA player until 30 days after the player leaves the college. If a player is drafted a second time, they can not reenter the draft. If a player has entered the draft twice and not been selected, they then become free agents regardless of age. A non-North American player can not be signed unless they are drafted first.

Compensatory Picks: If a team does not sign their first-round pick within two years, they will be awarded a compensatory pick in the Draft immediately following. The pick will be in the 2nd round, equal to the selection number of the unsigned player. All other teams' selections move back one spot.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
So our picks are 1-2, low 20s, 31st, 50th. 4 picks in the top 50 is going to be nice ammo in this draft. I hope someone falls to the 15-20th range and Murray uses all that ammo to grab him.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
So our picks are 1-2, low 20s, 31st, 50th. 4 picks in the top 50 is going to be nice ammo in this draft. I hope someone falls to the 15-20th range and Murray uses all that ammo to grab him.

20 and 31 would get us to the low, mid teens, I'd think. There should be a lot of guys available from 10-15. Konecny, Meier, Connor. Zacha could also slide. I've seen him rated from top 10 all the way to 20. A supreme talent with little to show for it on the scoreheet can be a difficult player to rate.

Selanne00008

Jun 2, 2006
NYC - UES

Yupp, for 1st round picks only. So basically teams get an extra second if they fail to sign a 1st rounder.

Would any player actually decide not to sign and become a ufa by age 20? Stay healthy hand on the right track and you could make a lot more money. It sure wouldn't look good to the public though.

Last edited:

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
Lottery time announced!!

It's going to feel so good watching this without a care in the world. McDavid would be gravy (delicious gravy) at this point. The biggest benefit to drafting McDavid? Not having to hear speculation about Eichel returning to BU for the next five months.

ZeroPT*

did you guys even bother watching the video?

He makes one money reference. All he talks about is chick flicks, cap'n crunch and kate upton...

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Hmm Eichel watches chick flicks with Note Book being his favourite movie and follows a guy on Twitter because he's hot and takes a lot of shirtless selfies.

This guys got jokes.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
He admire a guy who he thinks is "killing it" because he makes a lot of money and dates Kate Upton. Sabres can provide the money, his play and fame can help him get his own swimsuit model.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad