2015 Draft thread. McEichel part 5

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Barrasso

Sponsor
Jul 1, 2006
I understand that....there is a drawing....a winner......we have a 1 in 5 chance of winning...I know our odds don't increase as descending teams don't get the golden card (are eliminated)...but the deeper the lottery gets. the chance of us being the winner increases. So if teams 14 through 6 don't win and it comes down to 5 teams, the chance in percentage of us being the winner has increased from 20% to 32%.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that it's one pull of 4 numbers which would be tied to a team based on the percentages. So just one single draw and the actual lottery is over. Presentation to public is an entirely different story.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that it's one pull of 4 numbers which would be tied to a team based on the percentages. So just one single draw and the actual lottery is over. Presentation to public is an entirely different story.

Exactly

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
At that age, it would take a strict kick my ass dad or agent to get me to take anymore classes, let alone finals. :laugh:

Not to be "that guy"....but if the kids didn't take their finals, they'd be in serious jeopardy of losing their scholarship and owing the University a megaton of money.

Granted, that would be a drop in the bucket for Eichel next year.....

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
Possible Eichel numbers:

#9 - BU and US number. Would have to buy it off Kane somehow: unlikely
#11 - Youth & U18 number. Would have to get ok from Perreault & organization: unlikely
#15 - Wore it for U20s US team: Most Likely
#46 - Wore it for the U17 USDP: Possible, but unlikely
#96 - Birth year
#97 - Would be extremely funny

Fixed.

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
Possible Eichel numbers:

#9 - BU and US number. Would have to buy it off Kane somehow: unlikely
#11 - Youth & U18 number. Would have to get ok from Perreault & organization: unlikely
#15 - Wore it for U20s US team: Most Likely
#46 - Wore it for the U17 USDP: Possible, but unlikely

#96 - Birth year
#97 - Would be kind of funny

Sum them all up and he gets #81.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I like #15.

It's a good hockey number.

Plus, Eichel has said that Getzlaf is a guy that he likes to compare himself to....

And he could just wear his draft jersey.

;)

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia

It was covered a few pages back, it's a 14C4 combination; 4 numbers are drawn from a pool of 14, no re-selections, and order does not matter. There are 1001 possible combinations, each will be pre-assigned to a team. Buffalo receives 200 of these combinations, 135 for Arizona, and so on down to 10 for the Boston Bruins. These combinations will be posted on nhl.com on Friday April 17 before the reveal on April 18. It's expected that a video of the drawing will be made available subsequent to the announcement of the lottery winner.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Not to be "that guy"....but if the kids didn't take their finals, they'd be in serious jeopardy of losing their scholarship and owing the University a megaton of money.

Granted, that would be a drop in the bucket for Eichel next year.....

But why waste the money if you didn't have to.

Sabretooth

May 14, 2013
Ohio
It was covered a few pages back, it's a 14C4 combination; 4 numbers are drawn from a pool of 14, no re-selections, and order does not matter. There are 1001 possible combinations, each will be pre-assigned to a team. Buffalo receives 200 of these combinations, 135 for Arizona, and so on down to 10 for the Boston Bruins. These combinations will be posted on nhl.com on Friday April 17 before the reveal on April 18. It's expected that a video of the drawing will be made available subsequent to the announcement of the lottery winner.

That's correct, but people were talking about the conditional probabilities of the sabres being the winner given that other teams were revealed to NOT be the winner. Every time a team is revealed to not be the winner, the odds that the sabres were the team that was picked increase.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo

Don't know how connected this guy is, if at all. Seems to know Vancouver stuff.

Eichel discussed the advantages of a return engagement on Commonwealth Avenue.

“It would be another great year of development, college hockey and life with coach (David) Quinn,” Eichel said. “There are positives to it any way you look at it. At the end of the day, when a decision has to be made, I will make it with my family and with my heart. I don’t want to be somewhere that I don’t want to be.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...5/04/jack_eichels_plans_unknown_after_bu_loss

http://media.wgr550.com/a/104149924/414-howard-simon-show-hr-2.htm?

10 minute mark discuss the quote.

It could be about not playing in the minors, not wanting to go to Buffalo/Arizona, etc

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
Holy reading into things way too hard, Batman.

Not saying you are, but anyone who reads that quote and spins that into OMG Eichel doesn't want to come to Buffalo is ridiculous.

Oh, I'm not. And I don't put too much credit into the first guy either. Just an interesting quote seeing as Buffalo has the 80% shot at him. I take it to mean he doesn't want to play in the minors, which I am completely fine with him saying that. Either BU or the NHL

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
Is the twitter guy referencing that quote from Eichel? It sounds like he is basing it on something an agent and scouts said.

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
His Buffalo I'm coming for you video relieves any worries I have about him not wanting to come here

Yeah, he's basically known for a full year that he has an 80 percent shot of coming here. I'm sure he's had time to do his research and make his amends (if necessary). McDavid is the one who has 0 clue where he will end up, which can be stressful. Of course, McDavid seems so good-natured that he will roll with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad