2015 Draft thread. McEichel part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bps21*

After then anger and vitriol comes the boogeyman...

Expect a lot of "he will go back to school" threats from dum dum posters and z level writers.

He will be in Buffalo if we draft 2 on opening night. I have 0 reservations about it. If I could have less than that then I would have that many.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
So the life of a Buffalo fan...

They will blow it and finish 29th has now turned into Eichel won't play for us.

What will we worry about when he signs?

Bps21*

So the life of a Buffalo fan...

They will blow it and finish 29th has now turned into Eichel won't play for us.

What will we worry about when he signs?

Whatever Stokes and company have chosen to move the goalposts to next.

If we win the lottery I expect the usual suspects to start up a "Should we trade McDavid for Malkin because he's proven and McDavid has done nothing in this league" thread within 25 minutes of the draft pick being made.

TalkingProuder

Feb 27, 2015
Buffalo, NY
Whatever Stokes and company have chosen to move the goalposts to next.

If we win the lottery I expect the usual suspects to start up a "Should we trade McDavid for Malkin because he's proven and McDavid has done nothing in this league" thread within 25 minutes of the draft pick being made.

Lol. It's hard enough being a Sabres fan that I try not to manufacture boogeymen that aren't there.

Correct

Jan 30, 2015
His Buffalo I'm coming for you video relieves any worries I have about him not wanting to come here

Same here. Your true feelings and opinions tend to come out when you're drunk. Even though it was a 3 second snapshot into his life, that's more than what most Twitter sources have.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Will this core be called the Tank core?

McEichel
Kane
Girgensons
Ristolainen
Zadorov
Reinhart
Bogosian
Grigorenko

Sabretip

Jan 13, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
If the Bruins win the lottery, is it reasonable to think they might be the most willing to trade down with Buffalo to pick up assets + Eichel, the hometown boy who starred in TD Garden?

Bps21*

No one is trading away from McDavid. The financial gift that his fame brings alone...he is a money printing machine.

And since the nhl could use one of those in a couple places that aren't Boston and buffalo...I mean...I know it's not rigged but those damn balls have magically fixed financial problems for the league twice in recent history...

Rhett4

Buffalo Selects Jack
Jul 9, 2002
Amerks #ROC
No one is trading away from McDavid. The financial gift that his fame brings alone...he is a money printing machine.

I'm not suggesting that the Bruins would want to trade down, but I'm pretty sure the hometown boy in Eichel would also make them oodles of money.

phosphene*

Feb 18, 2014
West Seneca

And since the nhl could use one of those in a couple places that aren't Boston and buffalo...I mean...I know it's not rigged but those damn balls have magically fixed financial problems for the league twice in recent history...

Boston seems to have a penchant for trading away Art Ross caliber #1 centers.

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC

Don't know how connected this guy is, if at all. Seems to know Vancouver stuff.

http://media.wgr550.com/a/104149924/414-howard-simon-show-hr-2.htm?

10 minute mark discuss the quote.

It could be about not playing in the minors, not wanting to go to Buffalo/Arizona, etc

Mike Harrington was on with Schoop last week and specifically cited Vancouver scouts "laughing at Buffalo" and basically calling us embarrassing. Now this guy from Vancouver is hearing this. Would it surprise you if they were talking to the same people?

Also related, Jim Benning is Vancouver's GM. Benning was passed over for Murray here. Seems like there is some angst from that group.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Mike Harrington was on with Schoop last week and specifically cited Vancouver scouts "laughing at Buffalo" and basically calling us embarrassing. Now this guy from Vancouver is hearing this. Would it surprise you if they were talking to the same people?

Also related, Jim Benning is Vancouver's GM. Benning was passed over for Murray here. Seems like there is some angst from that group.

Nice little bit of dot connection there.

Yeah, I'm not taking any of these rumors seriously at all. If anyone does, they're truly paranoid.

boots electric

Mar 12, 2008
an organization that comically mismanaged two of the best goaltenders in the league, has drafted terribly for the better part of a decade, and just signed sbisa to that clownshoes contract...is laughing at buffalo

don't worry, buffalo's probably laughing back

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
When a guy has 622 followers...it's safe to say..he ain't legit.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
Yeah Eichels going to risk millions and years off his career because he doesn't want to come to a team on the rise that has a top 5 fanbase league wide and the best American hockey market....Yeah right. Eichel will be here opening night and when he gets introduced the fnc will be raucous . Eichel will be a mega celebrity here. Guaranteed Eichel Sabre jerseys are the #1 sellers on nhl.com

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Will this core be called the Tank core?

McEichel
Kane
Girgensons
Ristolainen
Zadorov
Reinhart
Bogosian
Grigorenko

Im no longer using the 'tank' terminology, tank is a generic term, once its successful it gets an official designation, so now im refering to it officially as The Suffering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad