Salary Cap: 2015 - 2016 New York Rangers Roster Building Thread Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

UAGoalieGuy

Dec 29, 2005
Richmond, VA
The Yandle trade was a stupid idea in the first place. We knew this was going to happen. Slats should've made a smart deal like some of the assets he traded for Vatanen, not Yandle. Another case of Sather just wanting to collect big names, and not thinking about what helps the team.

Your assuming that the Ducks wanted to move Vatanen, which I highly doubt they did.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
The Yandle trade was a stupid idea in the first place. We knew this was going to happen. Slats should've made a smart deal like some of the assets he traded for Vatanen, not Yandle. Another case of Sather just wanting to collect big names, and not thinking about what helps the team.

No it wasn't. Yandle was a very good move and he will be an important piece going forward.

Vatanen wasn't available. Anaheim was also in a different situation than Anaheim was.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia

They went all in but looking back they should of just got a depth 3rd pair guy

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
They went all in but looking back they should of just got a depth 3rd pair guy

Also duck air replacing St. Louis would be idea and then np dman would have to get dealt. On the other side yandle will score a lot next year. He needs to be on the first PP

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
When u trade a future 20-30 goal scorer ++(including a first round pick) for him when he plays your strongest position on the team

But who says Duclair will be a 20-30 goal scorer? At this stage he's as close to being the next Grachev as he is to being the next Tarasenko. Nobody will know how he will develop.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
When u trade a future 20-30 goal scorer ++(including a first round pick) for him when he plays your strongest position on the team

That's funny.. if all he becomes is a 20-30 goal scorer, we obviously made the right deal (as long as we keep him). Hagelin scored 17 goals.. so he'll be an upgrade over Hags pretty much? dime a dozen

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Ya but if he becomes the next phil kessel than we'll all look back at the trade and say we got fleeced

The Sharks really got fleeced when they traded a 4th round pick for the rights to Mark Messier... We drafted Ryan Callahan with that pick. How dare they? Fire that Sharks GM

cd211

Feb 6, 2010
New York, NY

so you can predict the future now? Duc is a guarantee now?

duc had character issues and was a 3rd round pick, yes huge upside but since we got hayes (more all around player) and have buchenvich in the wings why don't you make that move??

Yandle posses skills we currently dont have on the backend.. yeah we gave a lot but future 20-30 goal scorer why don't we let him play a few seasons before we anoint him one.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012

duc had character issues and was a 3rd round pick, yes huge upside but since we got hayes (more all around player) and have buchenvich in the wings why don't you make that move??

Yandle posses skills we currently dont have on the backend.. yeah we gave a lot but future 20-30 goal scorer why don't we let him play a few seasons before we anoint him one.

IMO he would have to be a consistent 30G or more guy to say it was a bad trade, Hayes will develop into a 25-30 goal guy which can pretty much take his spot, Hayes/Yandle > Duclair/1st/Moore.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
IMO he would have to be a consistent 30G or more guy to say it was a bad trade, Hayes will develop into a 25-30 goal guy which can pretty much take his spot, Hayes/Yandle > Duclair/1st/Moore.

I think Hayes should be rw 2nd line this year . Too bad miller can't play C 3rd line . Lindberg hopefully steps up

Hope glass is moved to save cap space but not sure if they can getter done

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida

Ya but its not Hayes/yandle cuz we had Hayes before...

It'd be Hayes/duclair/1st/Moore > yandle

Hayes and duclair were showing some good chemistry before we traded him.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I think Hayes should be rw 2nd line this year . Too bad miller can't play C 3rd line . Lindberg hopefully steps up

Hope glass is moved to save cap space but not sure if they can getter done

I agree that Hayes should be moved up into MSL's spot at least to try to start the season, and find a 3rd line center from somewhere. maybe we can move Boyle in a deal or something.

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY

Of course, the moment he got traded unless Yandle lit the world on fire that we got fleeced, Duclair was quickly becoming very popular especially on these boards.

I am convinced that Sather just doesn't want to go to the 1st Round to the draft.

If Tambellini, or Buchenvich, pans out no one will even care about Duclair being traded.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Keep Hayes at center...

Why?.. who's replacing MSL's 21 goals?.. Fast? Miller? no, they aren't ready for a top 6 role.

We also have Stepan and Brassard as the #1/2. Hayes IMO would be more valuable as a top 6 player, as long as we can find someone who can be a quality 3C.

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
I agree that Hayes should be moved up into MSL's spot at least to try to start the season, and find a 3rd line center from somewhere. maybe we can move Boyle in a deal or something.

Doubt he'll go anywhere with the NMC..besides, he did look good for stretches, and our offense was lacking without him. Tough spot.

On the D, I don't think Yandle is going anywhere. McD is a non-starter, and the NMC's on Boyle, Staal, and Girardi make it just about impossible. Klein is the only guy we could conceivably trade, I feel like.

From the forward group, Hags has been the popular candidate because most others have NTC or NMC's.

Miller did take face-offs here and there, so I don't think it would be impossible to have him as a 3C. Still, he is pretty good about getting into board battles, so I like him on the wing. We really don't have the cap space to otherwise obtain a legitimate 3C, and I don't think Lindberg would be a viable option just yet.

Nash - Brass - Zuccs
Kreider - Step - Hayes
Hags - Miller - Fast
Glass - Moore - Lindberg

could be an option. I feel like the 3rd line in this instance would be a good possession line, though I wish there was more of a potential finisher on there. The second line has a lot of size, though. Hayes is a good center...he just struggles on face-offs. Let's see how he does in training camp before exiling him to the wing. I still think Miller would be a viable option in that case...just not the preferable option.

I'd prefer to move Glass if at all possible, but I'm just not sure anyone would be willing to do us that favor. Hrivik, Haggerty, Klingberg, and Bourque could also be options there.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I have the feeling that Boyle is gonna be moved, teams were interested in him before he signed with us, especially if MSL leaves or retires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad