Salary Cap: 2015 - 2016 New York Rangers Roster Building Thread Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TurgePurge*

:facepalm:

Why are people even considering trading Yandle? 2.65m cap hit, puck-moving and point-producing D-man. Top D-man in points over the last 5 years, outscoring Duncan Keith and Shea Weber... If we can re-sign him next year for 6.5m that's a steal

"If Keith Yandle goes in our top four, I think everyone we play is excited," - Brian Burke, circa team usa selection process

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
Put it this way...Keith Yandle was lauded for being a power play monster and yet Pierre Mcguire (who's a bloviating creep no doubt) said our top need is a guy to run the power play.

Yes and unfortunately Arniel didn't alter the PP to have Yandle run it.

Hopefully with him here for a full season and training camp, we will adjust the PP to run through Yandle. He's been a PP wizard and he's currently in his PRIME. This isn't Richards or Boyle, Yandle is in his prime. We need to tailor the PP so it runs through Yandle and he will put up numbers.

TurgePurge*

"If this kid was playing in New York, would we be embarrassed not to take him?" Lombardi asks rhetorically

Weird

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
"If this kid was playing in New York, would we be embarrassed not to take him?" Lombardi asks rhetorically

Weird

Another Lombardi quote:

"Why are we discounting this kid? This kid's right up there with Duncan Keith in terms of points over the past four years... If you ask our coaches, Yandle scares us more than [Kevin] Shattenkirk."

Brian Burke, or Dean Lombardi? Won a cup almost 10 years ago or GM of a team who won 2 in a 3? hm.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Yandle for Okposo is such a genius proposal its disgusting. Isles have a crowded forward group and need a yandle. Not sure what a yandle brings but he's a yandle. They can have him. Rangers need a 40/30 grit grinder who could just muck it up in the corners and in front of the net with a low center of gravity. Insert Okposo. Not to mention, their cap hits for this year are only a couple hunge apart and then they are UFAs.

Wouldn't make this trade solely because Yandle is exactly what the Isles need.

Leddy-Boychuk
Yandle-Hamonic
de Haan-Reinhart?

I would say that would be the best defense in the conference after TBL.

The Undertaker

Jun 22, 2012
The reason you trade Yandle is because he's going to get shafted here. He won't be on the top PP next year, he'll probably play the least minutes out of all the dmen, and probably play a bunch with the 4th line when he's out there. He'll go somewhere and kill it for the 2016-17 season and the Rangers organization will look like clowns just as they did with Stralman.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
:facepalm:

Why are people even considering trading Yandle? 2.65m cap hit, puck-moving and point-producing D-man. Top D-man in points over the last 5 years, outscoring Duncan Keith and Shea Weber... If we can re-sign him next year for 6.5m that's a steal

It's worthy of discussion because there are two LHDs that will play more than him unfortunately.

The emphasis on handedness is immense in today's NHL it seems. Lefty-Righty. Although it's weird to not see AV try a same handedness pairing like he did with Edler-Ehrhoff at their peak.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
The reason you trade Yandle is because he's going to get shafted here. He won't be on the top PP next year, he'll probably play the least minutes out of all the dmen, and probably play a bunch with the 4th line when he's out there. He'll go somewhere and kill it for the 2016-17 season and the Rangers organization will look like clowns just as they did with Stralman.

I just hope Arniel gets his head out of his butt and makes sure that not only Yandle is on PP1, but it all runs through him. Leave him out for the full 2 the way they did with Richie.

The Undertaker

Jun 22, 2012
I just hope Arniel gets his head out of his butt and makes sure that not only Yandle is on PP1, but it all runs through him. Leave him out for the full 2 the way they did with Richie.

Same. I hope i'm wrong, but seeing MSL out there over him time and time again has made me a bit scared about how he's utilized this year and how the coaches and front office view him.

TurgePurge*

Nash - Brass - Zucc
Kreider - Step - Okposo

Best top 6 in the east after tampa

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
It's worthy of discussion because there are two LHDs that will play more than him unfortunately.

The emphasis on handedness is immense in today's NHL it seems. Lefty-Righty. Although it's weird to not see AV try a same handedness pairing like he did with Edler-Ehrhoff at their peak.

Well, trade Staal then. Yandle is an elite offensive D-man.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
No one's saying trade Yandle because he's a bad player, but why are we going to give a big extension to a guy on our third pair? Its one thing if AV is going to play one of the three on the right side, but if thats not going to happen, its poor asset management to keep all three. McDonagh is just about off-limits unless its a very good deal for us. That leaves Staal and Yandle. I'd consider trading both of them, and see what returns are available, although I wouldn't end up trading both.

One thing I am completely against is re-signing Yandle and not doing anything about that left side. Either move one of them to the right or trade someone.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The Yandle trade was a stupid idea in the first place. We knew this was going to happen. Slats should've made a smart deal like some of the assets he traded for Vatanen, not Yandle. Another case of Sather just wanting to collect big names, and not thinking about what helps the team.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
Stop with the Trading of Nash. We won the presidents Trophy, We went in tied in the 3rd period of the ECF and we got a flukey goal like Killorn scored, we would be in the SCF.

This is what I would do this year. Move Dan Boyle. I know he has an NTC but does he want to play for a team that does not want him. Move his salary. He still is not a bad player but we cannot afford a 4.5M cap hit for a 3rd pairing dman.

Let MSL move on. He does not justify a 5.5M deal at this point of his career. You could see in the Playoffs that he is losing his hands.

Move Jesper Fast up into the top 9. Jesper played well in the Playoffs when Zucc went down.

Put Oscar Lindberg on the 4th line. The reports I hear of Oscar is that he is ready for the NHL. Qualify him and put him on the team. Yes he has to earn it in camp but I am slotting him there.

Give Dylan McIlrath a chance at the 3rd pairing Defense. The reports I hear from Hartford is that since January, his game has progressed in a sky rocket manner. I hear he is a heart and soul type player who never loses a board battle and sticks up for his teamates. He brings a presence this team needs.

Resign Matt Hunwick

He was real dependable fill in and can play both sides. A little undersized but a good skater and stickhandler. Definatley worth 700K

This all assumes we sign and keep Stepan, Hagelin, Miller and Fast.

As far as Talbot goes, If we could get a first round pick even if its in a package (maybe with Boyle) I would trade him. If its for a 2nd round pick, I keep him till the deadline and get what I could then. Not giving him up at the draft for a 2nd round pick

If we could Ice this team in October I would be Happy. But do not see it happening

Nash - Brass - Zucc
Kreider - Step - Yakupov
Miller - Söderberg - Hayes
Lindberg - Moore - Fast
Spare: one of Klingberg (assuming rumors are incorrect and he does not split), Hrivik, Bourque, UFA reclamation

McD - Girardi
Yandle - Klein
Staal - Mcillrath
Spare: Summers

Hank
monster

Cap hit at 69,75 M

Sign Söderberg on a one year deal at 3,5 M
Use Talbot, Hagelin and Boyle (maybe deal him first and Use whatever we get in The Edmonton trade) plus other not roster assets for Yakupov. I would even Use Buchnevich if they add a pick. Dump Glass to Dallas July 2

Yeah, I know Boyle has a NTC. I know Söderberg will likely cost more. And I know that Edmonton probably will not bite on this. But one can Dream on this forum, and have seen far more outrageous stuff get an indepth analysis that puts politics to shame

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
The Yandle trade was a stupid idea in the first place. We knew this was going to happen. Slats should've made a smart deal like some of the assets he traded for Vatanen, not Yandle. Another case of Sather just wanting to collect big names, and not thinking about what helps the team.

BINGO! And we lost duclair in the process..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad