Salary Cap: 2015 - 2016 New York Rangers Roster Building Thread Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
If we get the 16th OA for Talbot, that's a ****ing joke.

How is anyone in their right mind an NHL GM and will give up the 16 OA for Talbot?

Not complaining, considering we'd be absolutely fleecing EDM there, but holy hell.

If they believe he's a #1 goalie?

BarbaraAlphanse

How is anyone in their right mind an NHL GM and will give up the 16 OA for Talbot?

Not complaining, considering we'd be absolutely fleecing EDM there, but holy hell.

Because that is his value...

Ghost of jas

Unsatisfied
Feb 27, 2002
NJ

Remember, San Jose has also been rumored to be interested in Talbot, so there's a demand, which is good for the Rangers.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
I think Talbot isn't just a number 1 goalie hes a pretty good one... I'd say it would be fair trade when comparing Schneider

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I also think Cam is better than people give him credit for, sure he had that rough stretch, but he was pretty dominant after that. and the Rangers gave up glorious scoring chances

surlysailor

May 12, 2012
BK
Also, we don't have the best luck with on First Rounders

Skjei- too early to call, judging from what people were saying in the AHL thread, he seems to be learning

Miller- hes doing well

Mcilrath- developing

Kreider- Still young improving

Del Zotto- He was on track then like his shot went wide

Sanguinetti- Not so great

Marc Staal- hes good

Al Montoya- Decent career as a backup, not really worth the 6th overall

Korpikoski- Decent NHL career but not in NY

Jessiman- LMAO yay!

Blackburn- Freak Shoulder injury but was playing well

Of course I won't count Cherepanov (RIP) since unfortunately we never got to see what he could do on an NHL level

To be fair tho most of those buses were under the previous draft team. Clark took over I either the chep or Mdz draft

McSauer

Defense Wins Games
Feb 18, 2004
Jersey City, NJ
I think we'd be absolutely win that proposed deal, but shouldn't we be targeting roster players that can help play and help us win right now? We are in complete win-now mode (who knows how long our window will be open for) and need players to contribute right now. Just thought I'd bring that up and see how everyone else feels about it...

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
I think we'd be absolutely win that proposed deal, but shouldn't we be targeting roster players that can help play and help us win right now? We are in complete win-now mode (who knows how long our window will be open for) and need players to contribute right now. Just thought I'd bring that up and see how everyone else feels about it...

I think you can do both.

BarbaraAlphanse

Can you trade Klein to Edmonton as well and perhaps get someone like Slepyshev? A kid who is proving to be hard to bring over from the KHL? If his agent picks a hold of this up, he could turn a Erixon and demand a trade here.

BarbaraAlphanse

Edmonton should trade Eberle or Hall for a solid defender after this. Call up Nurse.

If they trade Slepyshev and 16 for Talbot and Klein, then trade Eberle/Hall to a team for a #2 defender... they'll have gotten a good #1 goalie, and have gotten 3 new solid guys on their blue line: Klein, trade #2, and Nurse.

Not bad, they'll be relevant as soon as next year.

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Bittner anyone? Big left winger, US-program, we like those kind of guys.

I don't see an immediate impact player outside the top-two though.

BarbaraAlphanse

Bittner anyone? Big left winger, US-program, we like those kind of guys.

I don't see an immediate impact player outside the top-two though.

Anyone we're taking will be with the intention of providing a boost in 3-4 years.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
Edmonton should trade Eberle or Hall for a solid defender after this. Call up Nurse.

If they trade Slepyshev and 16 for Talbot and Klein, then trade Eberle/Hall to a team for a #2 defender... they'll have gotten a good #1 goalie, and have gotten 3 new solid guys on their blue line: Klein, trade #2, and Nurse.

They could ice mcdavid and that's it and they'll still be relevant. Being good is completely different

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012

will they talk a Staal or Girardi? :laugh:

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
It's not entirely unreasonable to think that Cam is worth the pick, look at it like this:

1. The goalie market is saturated with retreads. Neuvirth, Niemi, Bernier, etc, have all gone to teams for a "fresh start" and have flopped.

2. Ottawa has two goalies, but Anderson is 34, and the asking price for Lehner is more than Talbot and yet he hasn't been able to play consistently at the NHL level when Anderson was injured. He had the chance to seize the role and the Hamburgler stole the job from him.

3. Eddie lack is available, but that'd be like the Rangers trading Talbot to New Jersey.

4. Chiarelli needs to make a statement move early on to show that he's not McTavish and his empty words.

5. Other teams want him. Pretty sure both San Jose and Buffalo have been linked to him.

It may not be just Talbot in the deal. The Rangers have pieces that Edmonton wants on the blue line, and they've been linked to Miller off and on over the last couple seasons. Maybe the deal is bigger than just the pick and Talbot. Chiarelli was after Girardi a few years ago as well.

BarbaraAlphanse

They could ice mcdavid and that's it and they'll still be relevant. Being good is completely different

Let's say that they trade Hall for a #2 defender. And what I suggested, Klein and Talbot for #16 and Slepyshev. And call up Nurse. Draft McDavid. Have Drasaitl come up.

Goodness they'll be an electric team.

BarbaraAlphanse

will they talk a Staal or Girardi? :laugh:

NMC means those two won't go there. Nor would I want Hall back for one of them.

Drasaitl for Staal? Goodness mios, I don't think Staal is gonna last his contract here anyway.

Of the 3, I think Nash/Staal won't finish their contracts here. Girardi I think lasts till the end. Just cause his value is so tough to appraise, you'd never know if you were getting fair value back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad