Salary Cap: 2015 - 2016 New York Rangers Roster Building Thread Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
The pedigree becomes overblown if a team, such as Edmonton, falls in love with the player in question.

I'd be happy with Klein and Talbot for 16 and Slepyshev.
Hey if Edmonton wants to do that I'm all for it.

lol poor Cam though

mulcz.jpg

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
If and when Talbot is traded, I wish nothing but the best for him.

BarbaraAlphanse

stars aren't trading nichushkin, especially for this crap, WHILE adding to it. It isn't happening.

It would have to happen for '16 draft picks, after July 1, once Glass' contract bonus is paid for by the Rangers. He'll have about 1.5 mill left for 2 years, on his contract.

Klein yielded Del Zotto, and just came off arguably his best year. He has decent value. Good defenseman to have if you're trying to make the playoffs.

Sorry, I messed up the package... I had HAgelin in there yesterday, and that is who I meant to have instead of Klein, so substitute the two and disregard why I had Klein in there.

Talbot, Hagelin, Glass for Nishcushkin and pick.

To be honest, I think Sather could work a '16 pick, under the assumption that Dallas would have a late 1st next year. They can protect it if they don't make the playoffs.

But I will admit I could be shooting for the stars. A mid round pick wouldn't be out of the question either.

Nishcushkin while exciting is coming off big time hip surgery. He was out the whole year. At the age of 20, that's not good.

I can be completely off base, though.

BarbaraAlphanse

Hey if Edmonton wants to do that I'm all for it.

lol poor Cam though

mulcz.jpg

If I'm Chiarelli:

Draft McDavid
Trade Hall for #2 defenseman
Call up Nurse
Trade for Klein and Talbot
Trade Poo and/or Nikitin
Sign Green with that cap

Core players:

McDavid
RNH
Eberle
Drasaitl
Yakupov
#2 received in trade for Hall
Talbot
Nurse
Green

Depth players
Klein
Ference
Roy
Fayne
Hendricks

Not bad at all.

The Undertaker

Jun 22, 2012
Will make it a lot easier shamelessly hopping on the McDavid/Oiler bandwagon in a few years with Talbot there as well.

BarbaraAlphanse

Talbot, Klein to Edm. Glass to Dallas. Klingberg stays with NYR. Hagelin gets pinched for 1 year, and the roster gets 1 more go around with Nash to appease everyone that wants to give him one more shot.

Slepyshev-Hayes-Nash
Kreider-Stepan-Fast
Miller-Brass-Zucc
Hagelin-Moore-Klingberg/Lindberg

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
I just wrote a long post about how I wish cam the best but when I hit post I lost connection and lost it... But y'all get the point now

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
People get way too hung up on "comparables." He's worth whatever a team wants to pay for him. If the Oilers think they're getting a legitimate #1 who they can get under contract on the cheap for 3 more years after next, then a mid first is a steal. Especially for a team who is about to draft a generational talent and has run out of excuses for being "mismanaged" into 1st overall's seemingly every year.

BarbaraAlphanse

Who is slepyshev??

He is their 3rd best prospect after Drasaitl and Nurse. Former KHL #1 overall pick, but has not showed interest in coming to NA to play for Edmonton.

But has not resigned with KHL team. Big and has great skill. Probably wants to come to NA but not for Edmonton.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
He is their 3rd best prospect after Drasaitl and Nurse. Former KHL #1 overall pick, but has not showed interest in coming to NA to play for Edmonton.

But has not resigned with KHL team. Big and has great skill. Probably wants to come to NA but not for Edmonton.
Sweet sign us up for that

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
If you look at the hockey geek stats,Talbot is trending to be an elite goaltender. He saved the Rangers ass when Lundqvist went down. Now it's time for the Rangers to cash in on the asset because Talbot is not re-signing with them.

#16 or #33 plus

Brady Skjei is the last highest pick made by the Rangers and he has already turned pro after completing three years of college hockey. Brady even played two months of pro hockey in the AHL. That's how long it has been since the Rangers had a high pick.

E-Train

Feb 27, 2002
New Jersey
If it's Talbot for the 16th, you take it and run. Forget about add ons, etc. Deal Klein separately. Late first, a second plus, whatever. Recoup picks for this draft.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
If it's Talbot for the 16th, you take it and run. Forget about add ons, etc. Deal Klein separately. Late first, a second plus, whatever. Recoup picks for this draft.

Ya exactly if everything I've read and heard is true this is the draft u save ur picks for

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Kreider is free to make those moves.
Kreider is the one to blame for NOT making those moves.
No one else.

disagree, but agree he has to take more responsibility on his own.
My point is, I think sometimes they are running a play and 'cause there is no one else, they tell him, go stand in front, and he does what he is told.

Malkin misses (on average) 18 games a year for the last 5 seasons. (17.33 the last three seasons)
The cost to acquire and his monstrous cap hit of 9.5 per year make him, for me, someone I want nothing to do with.
Pass.
Agree. Would love him as the el cheapo special to offset risk, but it is not happenin.

I don't want Malkin. Injuries are piling up.
Agree. SERIOUS RED FLAG

Thoughts on acquiring Dougie Hamilton through trade?
Pretty much the elite shot surpressing RHD that everyone is drooling over at the moment. The price would certainly be quite steep, but I wouldn't mind moving Kreider++, who I assume Boston would certainly want.

I think acquiring Hamilton and paying him would signal the end of Nash with NYR for sure. And probably one or more of Staal/Girardi/Yandle/Klein
Forget the ++
NO ON MOVING KREIDER for almost anybody.

I think everyone (myself included) is overvaluing what we're gonna get back for Talbot. Its a buyers market with Vancouver and Ottawa looking to pull the same "sell high" the Rangers are. I'd take a late 2nd rounder at this point and call it a win.

Please stop encouraging the other side with a vested interest in paying less, and will badmouth the situation to that end.

If we get the 16th OA for Talbot, that's a ****ing joke.
How is anyone in their right mind an NHL GM and will give up the 16 OA for Talbot?
Not complaining, considering we'd be absolutely fleecing EDM there, but holy hell.

Talbot is not comparable to Schneider IMO

Dudes, I said Talbot was the real deal after Traverse a few seasons back, and I tells ya, this is the fair value trade:
16thOA +EDM 2nd
for
Talbot, TB 2nd
and 2 conditional 3rds
in 16-17 if Talbot not extended for that year
and 17-18 season if Talbot not extended for that year

with proviso
Talbot must be offered serious extension;
Talbot not traded
Talbot not unable to extend due to injury

Hayes is better suited for the center position because he's a passer and is good for net front presence
Yes.
We need power Cs, he's only big one we've got atm.
No on moving to W

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
If it's Talbot for the 16th, you take it and run. Forget about add ons, .

agree totally;
if its ~32d then maybe try to wangle more, but even that's close to fair value,
and you don't want the market to disappear when Markstrom, Lehner, Lindback etc move or sign

BarbaraAlphanse

You all want 1 more go around w/ Nash?

Slepyshev (0.9m)-Hayes (0.9m)-Nash (7.8m)
Kreider (2.45m)-Stepan (6.0m)-Fast (1.1m)
Miller (1.1m)-Brass (5.0m)-Zucc (4.5m)
Hagelin (2.75m)-Moore (1.5m)-Klingberg (0.9m)
Lindberg (0.7m)

McDonagh (4.7m)-Girardi (5.5m)
Staal (5.7m)-Boyle (4.5m)
Yandle (2.625m)-McIlrath (0.9m)
Hunwick (0.8m)

Hank (8.5m)
Gustavvson (0.8m)

Total Cap - 69.65m
70.5 cap ceiling leaves 0.85m in cap space for operational purposes.

If Stepan takes 5.5m, an alternative I propose:

Same offense

McDonagh (4.7m)-Girardi (5.5m)
Staal (5.7m)-Boyle (4.5m)
Yandle (2.625m)-Erhoff (2.0m)
McIlrath (0.9m)

Same goaltenders

Total cap - 70.35m
70.5 cap ceiling leaves 0.15m in cap space, however, this includes a 13F and 7D already on cap and roster.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA

This is not true at all... He just signed an ELC with Edmonton.

And rookie Slepyshev on the NYR first line when he isn't even on the first line for his KHL team? The team won't really go any far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad