Salary Cap: 2015 - 2016 New York Rangers Roster Building Thread Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
No it wasn't. Yandle was a very good move and he will be an important piece going forward.

Maybe, but if Yandle gets 6M+ to play the third pair, thats a terrible deal. Keep him and move someone to the right side or trade one of Yandle/Staal. If we have over 15M locked up on one side of our defense, we've made a big mistake. It'll probably be over 16M actually. Might even get towards 17 or 18, depending on what Yandle is asking for.

BarbaraAlphanse

Maybe, but if Yandle gets 6M+ to play the third pair, thats a terrible deal. Keep him and move someone to the right side or trade one of Yandle/Staal. If we have over 15M locked up on one side of our defense, we've made a big mistake. It'll probably be over 16M actually. Might even get towards 17 or 18, depending on what Yandle is asking for.

He will take over for Staal once he is traded.

BarbaraAlphanse

Looking at Detroit, they can easily handle a Nash trade and their prospect pool would barely take a hit.

RW
Pulkinenn
Mantha
Frk
Nastasuik

LW
Athanasiou
Bertuzzi

C
Larkin
Ferraro

D
Hicketts
Sproul
Marchenko
Ouellet

That team can handle losing assets for Nash. Just my opinion. They make good trade partners there.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Talbot for 16th overall? Jesus Christ. I was expecting a high 2nd rounder for Talbot. If we're getting the 16th pick, I offer to drive Cam to Edmonton.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

That's all hypothetical at this point. What we do know is that the Rangers need a player like Yandle and they got him. They can worry about the rest later.

There are not a lot of Yandles in the NHL.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
That's all hypothetical at this point. What we do know is that the Rangers need a player like Yandle and they got him. They can worry about the rest later.

There are not a lot of Yandles in the NHL.

There's also not a lot of mcdonaghs or skjeis...

Old man out the classic defensive dman that does nothing else

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Rumored that Lehner's price is a top 6 potential forward and a high round draft pick. IMO, Cam has been the better goaltender. He alone could grab #16 if that's the market, you know?
Lehner is 23 years old, and a former 46th overall draft pick. Also signed through 2016-17, then still an RFA.

It's gotta be Talbot+Klein if we're getting 16.

Gotta be.
I might be ok with that if Edmonton adds another draft pick. But I also have no idea how deep this draft is so my opinion isn't worth much.

BarbaraAlphanse

Lehner is 23 years old, and a former 46th overall draft pick.

That doesn't mean he is more valuable. Just two benchmarks that would favor Lehner's potential if both goalies were considered comparable, which they are not.

There are steals at all points in any draft.

Would you have considered Geno Smith at 21 more valuable than Tom Brady at 25? Geno drafted in 2nd round, Brady drafted in 7th.

That's why I hate factoring in pedigree and hype. It should mean nothing.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
That doesn't mean he is more valuable. Just two benchmarks that would favor Lehner's potential if both goalies were considered comparable, which they are not.

There are steals at all points in any draft.

Would you have considered Geno Smith at 21 more valuable than Tom Brady at 25? Geno drafted in 2nd round, Brady drafted in 7th.

That's why I hate factoring in pedigree and hype. It should mean nothing.
But it doesn't.

And yes being 23 definitely raises his value compared to a 27-year-old, especially when you consider RFA/UFA statuses. Cam could be with Edmonton for a year and then bolt.

While Cam has done great here, he has ~50 games of experience playing behind one of the best teams in the league, and is a UFA in a year.

BarbaraAlphanse

But it doesn't.

And yes being 23 definitely raises his value compared to a 27-year-old, especially when you consider RFA/UFA statuses. Cam could be with Edmonton for a year and then bolt.

Actually, RFA vs. 1 year contract is also almost the same exact thing. Being an RFA ensures? 1 year, only. And if a player doesn't want to play there, they can elect to go to an arbitrator where they stand to make an arbitrary number based on performance... a figure that almost always favors the player since this is a capped sport and teams need to short change players to remain competitive.

So, had Cam been a RFA rather than signed on his current contract, and had he elected to go to an arbitrator, he probably would have made more than the 1.45 million that he is currently making.

If Lehner goes and does that, he gets a 1 year contract, and is free to go the following year.

So, really, not only is this status moot, but Talbot is making likely less than he would have made had he gone to an arbitrator...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad