2015/16 Wishlist

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sami

Oct 21, 2013
how do people feel about Jurco? He's young, every time i watch he stands out as a forechecker but that is about it, had 2nd least amount of goals on the entire team.......I know he's still 22, and you shouldnt really give up on a guy that young and physically gifted, but what kind of package could he apart of to land a legit Dmen

Well I am little bit disappointed. I know he played most of the year on the 4th line.
And yes, he is still young. But I think it was Jim Nill who compared him to Hossa. I don't expect Jurco to turn into a player like Hossa is. I still hope he will become Top 6 forward, 20-30 goals, 50-60 points.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Tatar - Datsuyk - Helm
Nyquist - Zetterberg - Abdelkader
Cole/Jurco - Sheahan - Franzen/Pulkkinen
Miller - Glendening - Andersson

Kronwall - Dekeyser
Quincey - Phaneuf
Smith - Kindl

Mrazek
Howard

Retire91

Stevey Y you our Guy
May 31, 2010
how do people feel about Jurco? He's young, every time i watch he stands out as a forechecker but that is about it, had 2nd least amount of goals on the entire team.......I know he's still 22, and you shouldnt really give up on a guy that young and physically gifted, but what kind of package could he apart of to land a legit Dmen

The problem with looking at age is also taking into account the over baking in the minors. At 22 he is even on the earlier side of being promoted in this organization. He hasn't yet played a full NHL season. Its too early to gauge his NHL ceiling. He was only a handful of games over being a rookie this seeson.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage

He's basically a checker, nothing more. Skill hasn't translated one bit to the NHL game. He's heavy so he'll probably stick around and who knows, maybe he'll become a Dan Cleary-esque net front guy eventually.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
He's basically a checker, nothing more. Skill hasn't translated one bit to the NHL game. He's heavy so he'll probably stick around and who knows, maybe he'll become a Dan Cleary-esque net front guy eventually.

I'd be ecstatic if Jurco ever became a 20-20 guy. I know a few years ago people said he'd be better than Tatar or Nyquist.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I'd be ecstatic if Jurco ever became a 20-20 guy. I know a few years ago people said he'd be better than Tatar or Nyquist.

I'm still high on both him and Mantha. I see a lot of good things from both of them, even when the points are not rolling in.

I think folks are throwing in the towel far too early with him.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage

Well he's not going to have Pavel Datsyuk in his prime giving him grade A scoring chances. But who knows, maybe Jurco can develop a game similar to the one Cleary had during his prime years in Detroit.

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I'm still high on both him and Mantha. I see a lot of good things from both of them, even when the points are not rolling in.

I think folks are throwing in the towel far too early with him.

Jurco basically has two seasons to really start to hit his stride. Next year is huge for him, he had major regression this year.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Jurco basically has two seasons to really start to hit his stride. Next year is huge for him, he had major regression this year.

I think he will learn from this year, and I think he will be really effective next year.

He's still really young. Maybe I'm wrong, but I expect a really nice bounce-back year next year.

I see all the tools, he just has to figure it out, and I think he will.

Invictus12

Aug 1, 2010
New York
I think he will learn from this year, and I think he will be really effective next year.

He's still really young. Maybe I'm wrong, but I expect a really nice bounce-back year next year.

I see all the tools, he just has to figure it out, and I think he will.

He made some good strides in effort and game away from the puck. If he finds his game with the puck, we have a pretty good, pretty big two-way winger. If not, he can always be useful in the bottom six.

8snake

Aug 3, 2005
When he was compared to Hossa that REALLY did him a disservice. There is nothing about his game (skating, stick handling, shot, playmaking, hockey sense) that is remotely comparable to Hossa.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
With Wings in East now the Hawks trading with them is very possible. Do you expect the Wings to be involved in any potential cap trades with Hawks?

Patrick Sharp (2 yrs at 5.9M)
Bryan Bickell (2 yrs at 4M)
Kris Versteeg (1 yr at 2.2M)
Andrew Shaw (1 yr at 2M ,, RFA after)
Marcus Kruger (RFA rights ,, Probably too costly for Hawks beyond his qualifying amount)

5 guys likely to be most thrown out in trade rumors in summer

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
With Wings in East now the Hawks trading with them is very possible. Do you expect the Wings to be involved in any potential cap trades with Hawks?

Marcus Kruger (RFA rights ,, Probably too costly for Hawks beyond his qualifying amount)

Try Seabrook :laugh:. Sign and trade 3 years @ 6 million.

Last edited:

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

sharp.. yes but probably wouldn't be the highest bidder
bickell... give me a break
versteeg.. depends on the price again. can't stand when he tries to pretend that he's patrick kane but he can bring some scoring.
shaw... no way bowman trades Q's favorite player..
kruger.. oh yeah, absolutely. not sure if wings can outbid others but i'd definitely be interested. you should definitely try to keep him.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Jurco should still be playing in the minors, Should have bent sent down.

Hopefully if he doesnt do anything within 25/30 games he gets sent down. Just to learn in the AHL from The one Toledo coach, Or blash (if hes still there)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Jurco should still be playing in the minors, Should have bent sent down.

Hopefully if he doesnt do anything within 25/30 games he gets sent down. Just to learn in the AHL from The one Toledo coach, Or blash (if hes still there)

He can't be sent down next year.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Who should we have played in his place?

Well, I would have ran with Nestrasil for awhile, but assuming he's gone, I'd have called up whatever was the flavor of the month in GR at that point. Jurco was essentially a fourth liner all year, wouldn't have hurt to have had Ferraro up the majority of the year, or have had Callahan up before he was hurt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad