2015/16 Wishlist

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hunting Bow*

Thoughts and wish list:

1. All hockey people counted this team out way back in September. This was the miss the playoffs year.

2. The core of the team is solid. Abdelkader, DeKeyser, Smith, Ferraro, Glendening, Helm, Jurco, Nyquist, Sheahan, Tatar and Mrazek are all the future of this team and are all top notch at what they do.

3. Howard needs to submit his 10 team trade list.

4. Zidlicky needs to be resigned.

5. Hopefully Zetterberg and Datsyuk have 2 more good years left in them.

6. Ericsson needs to be gone.

7. Sign Mike Green and Johnny Oduya.

8. With the new found success DETROIT will become and attraction again for UFA's.

9. I'm incredibly thankful that the Illitch Family does what is needed to keep the team competitive.

10. It's 1000000% must that Babcock stays. With another year of experience under the belts of of those mentioned in point 2 this team is on the verge of championship level of play. If Babcock leaves I will have the same feeling I had when Bowman retired.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
If Babcock stays, what in the world are we going to do with Stephen Weiss?

probably hope that he does some work in the offseason to get his legs back a bit and can handle center this fall. Or maybe we'll get lucky and someone will take him off our hands and he can be someone else's Lecavalier.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Why does zidlicky need to be re-signed? He's old as dirt and sucked in the playoffs. He'd be just another body blocking someone from coming up and playing.

Sami

Oct 21, 2013

How+About+No.jpg

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Zidlicky created nice offense, also at the playoffs (the points just didn't come), but our league-best power-play didn't need him before the trade-deadline.

Marek was horrible defensively and we need to give that 3rd pair spot for Marchenko at next season.

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
How about during the playoffs he was the best defenseman on the ice?!

This is going to sound strange coming from me, but the guy who was most consistent against Tampa, IMO, was Smith. Kronwall, DDK, and Q were good too. I'm giving Smith the "most improved" award though.

Zidlicky was invisible the first few games, and terrible in game 6.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Zidlicky was never very good for us. He was great on the PP and good on the point. Literally it. And even in the playoffs he wasn't great at either of those things.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
If Zidlicky is cheap, I would take him back in a heartbeat.

My beef is you can't have Smith AND Zidlicky. Let alone on the same pairing. That was just stupid.

abbbaron

May 6, 2015
No thanks on Zidlicky. One trick pony that the rest of the league has pretty well figured out (play aggressive against him, he usually tries to make the pretty pass rather than the safe one and often coughs it up). And good lord, please do not take on Phaneuf unless you're purposely trying to initiate a 6 year long tank/rebuilding cycle.

I think Holland ought to make a play for Wisniewski, who is having a pretty rough go in Anaheim. He was pretty upset about getting traded away from CBJ as he was laying down roots there, so I'd have to think he'd be willing to come to Detroit and that Anaheim would be happy to unload him as they're rolling with their youth. His contract isn't overly burdensome with two years @ 5.5mil left and given his personal situation he'd have every incentive to play his ass off to earn the next one. Anaheim is sitting pretty cap-wise (at least going into next season) and didn't give up all that much for him, so maybe Holland could even package Weiss with a couple assets to make it happen-- Weiss + good prospect + 2016 1st rounder. The end result for Anaheim would be that they will have given up Bourque (dump, wasn't making their lineup anyways), William Karlsson and a 2rd rounder in exchange for a 3nd rounder (from CBJ), Weiss (who they could buyout after a season if they find themselves needing the capspace in 2016), one of the Wings' prospects (e.g. Marchenko, Pulk) and a 1st rounder. The prospects involved are comparable, so the real exchange for them would be going from bad to worse in Bourque to Weiss, but that would be more that offset with those draft picks.
For the Wings, the deal is basically cap neutral but a clear improvement on their active roster in exchange for future talent that may or may not pan out (in an ideal world, a pick could come back to the Wings from Anaheim, but I have absolutely no faith in Holland).

Last edited:

Probie

Feb 19, 2009
Vancouver Is, Canada
Detroit trades: (that other teams might not hate)

Wisniewski for Weiss, Sproul.

Howard for Edm 2nd '15

Kindl for Bickell

Smith for Det 2nd '15(from dallas)

Don't have enough value in the wiz trade to make it happen, it's a large cap dump in weiss too.

We could get more for Howard IMO.

I like the last trade but I think the hawks are cap strapped for cash and wouldn't want kindls 2.4m contract.

Last edited:

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Thoughts and wish list:

2. The core of the team is solid. Abdelkader, DeKeyser, Smith, Ferraro, Glendening, Helm, Jurco, Nyquist, Sheahan, Tatar and Mrazek are all the future of this team and are all top notch at what they do. Ferraro and Smith part of our core or future of the team? No. Z, Dats, Kronwall, Howard are still the core.

3. Howard needs to submit his 10 team trade list. Too early. Mrazek only plays 1 or 2 good games in a row before having a stinker. We don't move Howard until Mrazek has handled the #1 job for at least a few months with solid results.

6. Ericsson needs to be gone.
7. Sign Mike Green and Johnny Oduya. Grass is greener syndrome? None of Oduya, Green and Zidlicky can handle top-pairing minutes. If we sign Green I would say that right there means we absolutely don't need to sign Zidlicky. Oduya would be an alright pickup but he's not an upgrade on Ericsson who you want gone. Zidlicky and Green both need sheltered minutes, Oduya is at best a Quincey-level player. How many 2nd/3rd pairing guys can we have?

8. With the new found success DETROIT will become and attraction again for UFA's. Eh, we still had a 1st round exit. I think as usual we will be in the mix of teams that players are open to playing for, but we're probably not going to be at top of anyone's list. There aren't any UFAs of the caliber we need either.

10. It's 1000000% must that Babcock stays. With another year of experience under the belts of of those mentioned in point 2 this team is on the verge of championship level of play. If Babcock leaves I will have the same feeling I had when Bowman retired. I also really want at least 1 or 2 more years of Babcock. We don't make it 7 games against Tampa without Babcock. Montreal can't even get 1 win against them, because Therrien isn't half the coach Babcock is.
Thoughts in bold.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
If guy is suggesting Johnny Oduya signed and Jonathan Ericsson gone, it' definitely the grass is greener -syndrome.

Oduya is older, smaller, another stay-at-home lefty on the right side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad