2015/16 Wishlist

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Either way, don't understand why we're sitting here talking about adding Phaneuf and Green while admitting we don't think they can handle top pair minutes.

We need to improve the top pair first and foremost, then worry about the rest.

You upgrade the other pairings and there is less heavy lifting required. Really the only guy out there that I like a ton in terms of playing the right side on a first pairing are Petry and Martin. I prefer Petry.

Before somebody jumps on my post, yes Martin is left-handed, but has played primarily on the right side his entire career.

I think putting Phaneuf or Green on the second pairing gives us one of the better second pairings in hockey and will likely help DeKeyser's development.

I want something done, once we have more horses we can go about figuring out where to slot who. We need the horses first though.

Last edited:

Sami

Oct 21, 2013
I want something done, once we have more horses we can go about figuring out where to slot who. We need the horses first though.

Blank+_f22f4b63c3cd809b741482089df96041.jpg

Agreed. Holland need to do some "spring cleaning" to this team.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I'm a big fan of Martin, if he's available would want him over Phaneuf. I think that solidifies the top pair and gets it back to a positive pair.

If Petry is close to as good as some think, I'll give it a shot at this point. Remember being underwhelmed with Stralman, and I'd kill for him at this point.

petry is not strålman good but of all available options, he'd probably bring most bang for buck.

he doesn't cost anything but dollars and those dollars will be better than with sekera and green. he has the edge on sekera, martin and erhoff that he's either much younger and/or RH. also not as big risk that contract will be bad in some years (phaneuf, green) and is unlikely to spend as much time in IR as green is pretty much guaranteed to be there every season.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
You upgrade the other pairings and there is less heavy lifting required. Really the only guy out there that I like a ton in terms of playing the right side on a first pairing are Petry and Martin. I prefer Petry.

Before somebody jumps on my post, yes Martin is left-handed, but has played primarily on the right side his entire career.

I think putting Phaneuf or Green on the second pairing gives us one of the better second pairings in hockey and will likely help DeKeyser's development.

Every time I watch Pitt I see nothing but great reads and positioning from Martin. He's a great complement to Letang and I think he'd be a great complement to Kronwall. He's basically a RD version of Dekeyser.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
Any interest in Byfuglien? He's a RHD and will provide best scoring from the blue line since Lidstrom.

Price? Not sure.

I'd take Dekeyser, Nastasiuk, and 2015 1st.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015
To resign Nyquist, Jurco, Pookie, and Smith, it's gonna cost what against the cap? 8 millon maybe? (Might actually be a conservative estimate -- i dunno, I'm bad at judging these thing).

So assuming the cap goes up to 71 million next season, that leaves ~6 million to sign UFAs after all the RFAs are taken care of. Basically enough money to sign one guy (anyone worth signing, anyways)

So yeah, the team needs to do some spring cleaning like a lot of people suggest to make any significant improvements on the blue line, but I think that's easier said than done.

Ericsson - unmovable
Kindl - unmovable
Weiss - unmovable
Q - probably unmovable
Lashoff - unmovable

Basically, it seems to me anyways, Holland's gonna have to get creative with some trades in order to make anything work cap wise. I'm pessimistic about him being able to do that. But hey, hopefully he proves me wrong.

Like some people mentioned, I like the idea of making a move for Phaneuf for Smith, Weiss and whatever else, then signing a guy like Petry.

Kronwall-Phaneuf
DDK-Petry
Quincey-Ericsson

Not stellar or anything, but it works cap wise, and looks way better than this year to me.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Any interest in Byfuglien? He's a RHD and will provide best scoring from the blue line since Lidstrom.

Price? Not sure.

I'd take Dekeyser, Nastasiuk, and 2015 1st.

I love Byfuglien's game. But he probably costs more than I wanna give.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
adding phaneuf

dumping smith, weiss, andersson and ericsson

signing soderberg and petry

walking away from cole, zidlicky and cleary

promoting marchenko and ouellet

keeping ferraro full-time and callahan as the 13th forward

equals greatest summer in forever

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
adding phaneuf

dumping smith, weiss, andersson and ericsson

signing soderberg and petry

walking away from cole, zidlicky and cleary

promoting marchenko and ouellet

keeping ferraro full-time and callahan as the 13th forward

equals greatest summer in forever

This would be fantastic. Too bad you're basically to ask Holland to do more in 1 summer than what he's done in 5 years though.

Would yield a really good line-up and defense though.

Also doubt we have any way to get rid of Ericsson, barring maybe a magic trick.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
This would be fantastic. Too bad you're basically to ask Holland to do more in 1 summer than what he's done in 5 years though.

Would yield a really good line-up and defense though.

i think you could get a buffalo or arizona, cap floor type team, to take him for like a 4th rd pick

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
Why is this still going on with Homophobic Sluroof?. Wasn't it enough to see are team pylon him 2-3 times a game everytime we played T.O.? Are people that blind? You want him to come here for eternity on way too much money. He will be at best a 3rd pairing d when he is 33 and he will still be signed for 3 more after that.

There really are no players in FA worth making a offer to outside of Soderberg but I believe we are good enough on the forward front. The only hope we as fans have for the defense is 1-3 kids take a huge step forward in growth. Because we all know Kenny he don't do trades. And in all honesty the past 2-3 years of UFA aquisitions don't speak very highly of our pro level scouting staff at all.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Why is this still going on with Homophobic Sluroof?. Wasn't it enough to see are team pylon him 2-3 times a game everytime we played T.O.? Are people that blind? You want him to come here for eternity on way too much money. He will be at best a 3rd pairing d when he is 33 and he will still be signed for 3 more after that.

There really are no players in FA worth making a offer to outside of Soderberg but I believe we are good enough on the forward front. The only hope we as fans have for the defense is 1-3 kids take a huge step forward in growth. Because we all know Kenny he don't do trades. And in all honesty the past 2-3 years of UFA aquisitions don't speak very highly of our pro level scouting staff at all.

while i dont think phaneuf is an elite #1 dman, i have seen pavel datsyuk pyloned 2-3 times a game at least half a dozen games a year and yet he is still amazing..

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
Are you seriously trying to compare Phaneuf to Datsyuk?

lol, absolutely not

i am saying that even pavel datsyuk gets pyloned and yet my opinion of him goes well beyond that

and, i hold datsyuk to a much much much much higher standard

just saying i wouldnt judge phaneuf based on how he may hgvae played against us a few times a season

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
I see him make those mistakes all year game in and game out 25-30 times a year. It sucks that CBC doesn't believe in ever showing anything but them on HNIC + Det-Tor games.

He makes Smith look decent in hockey iq. He is that bad. He has also been regressing pre age 30 for the past 2 years. He doesn't have the smarts or positioning to not look like a bag of ass now and he hasn't even hit the hard wall of age 32-33 that makes physical, non skating dumb ***** abilities go straight down the toilet faster than **** flushes down.

TheRatPoisoner

Feb 23, 2015

Saw Ericsson in two, offer the separate parts to teams at half his current cap hit.

Or better yet, just make him disappear, Holland.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit
I see him make those mistakes all year game in and game out 25-30 times a year. It sucks that CBC doesn't believe in ever showing anything but them on HNIC + Det-Tor games.

He makes Smith look decent in hockey iq. He is that bad. He has also been regressing pre age 30 for the past 2 years. He doesn't have the smarts or positioning to not look like a bag of ass now and he hasn't even hit the hard wall of age 32-33 that makes physical, non skating dumb ***** abilities go straight down the toilet faster than **** flushes down.

to each his own

personally i think he would easily be our 2nd best dman and that to me is all the improvement i care about

8snake

Aug 3, 2005
to each his own

personally i think he would easily be our 2nd best dman and that to me is all the improvement i care about
He would be. A lot of the hate stems from him playing for Toronto and being so hyped as a youngster. When posters call him names and talk about how much they can't stand him I know the criticism is based on other stuff. He would be a welcome addition here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad