2015-16 Around the League VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Now let's take care of our own business

Exactly. Us and Minnesota have played the same amount of games, but we're down by 2 points. We need to take care of our business, starting tomorrow (to get back to a tie with them), but we'll still need to see them have some stumbles to help us out.

Unless I missed something reading ESPN.com, it looks like their next game is against the Oilers...I guess we'll be hoping that McDavid goes "full McDavid" in that game and gets the W for Edmonton...

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Avs playing a team tomorrow they should absolutely beat being in a situation they are in so of course you know they gonna lay an egg. Tanguay with a big game

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
Tanguay should put a couple in his own net as a last thank you to Avs fans.

But man looking back at all the points we pissed away against bad teams this year really hurts looking at the standings now.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Exactly. Us and Minnesota have played the same amount of games, but we're down by 2 points. We need to take care of our business, starting tomorrow (to get back to a tie with them), but we'll still need to see them have some stumbles to help us out.

Unless I missed something reading ESPN.com, it looks like their next game is against the Oilers...I guess we'll be hoping that McDavid goes "full McDavid" in that game and gets the W for Edmonton...

I don't know if I have faith in the Oilers beating the Wild in Minnesota, especially since Minnesota now for some weird reason has 3 days off. Hopefully McJesus shows up against them

the_fan

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Tanguay should put a couple in his own net as a last thank you to Avs fans.

But man looking back at all the points we pissed away against bad teams this year really hurts looking at the standings now.

I wonder if Avs took all those bad teams lightly just like the top teams have taken the Avs lightly and that explains the wins and losses against good and bad teams

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
I wonder if Avs took all those bad teams lightly just like the top teams have taken the Avs lightly and that explains the wins and losses against good and bad teams

Valid point.

So basically the Hawks and Caps are the 2 worst teams in the league but they are in the lead because they play well against all the teams above them.

Oilers have been the best team for years but they just take every other team lightly :laugh:

the_fan

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Valid point.

So basically the Hawks and Caps are the 2 worst teams in the league but they are in the lead because they play well against all the teams above them.

Oilers have been the best team for years but they just take every other team lightly :laugh:

I wasn't talking about what Hawks, Caps or Oilers have done, I'm talking about the Avs season so far and the fact that they have actually played better against the top teams and not so good against the bottom teams

Edit: it can very well be the case of taking bad teams lightly and being taken lightly by top teams. It's not like that's unheard of

Last edited:

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Justin Emerson
‏@J15Emerson
Right now the NHL playoffs would feature three California teams, two Florida teams, one each from Dallas and Nashville.
And none from Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad