2015-16 Around the League VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
Blues did the Avs a huge solid last night with that regulation win over Minny.

Now it's up the Avs to come out and win tonight to keep the chase on. This game should say a lot about how badly this team wants to win or conversely how much trouble they're in if they can't win a game against an opponent they should be able to handle with so much on the line.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
The Avs can want it as badly as they want to but their defense will let them down and that's just inevitable. One pair can play defense the other two are a disaster. Whenever Holden and Bondarchuk are on the ice something bad happens.

I know Bigras is still young and learning and makes his share of mistakes, but at this point i would put him with Barrie and move Holden down to 3rd pair.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
SportsCentre ‏@SportsCentre 11m11 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
JUST IN: As per @DarrenDreger, Lightning F Jonathan Drouin to report to Syracuse Crunch of the #AHL #TSNHockey

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Disappointed to hear that. He will be traded for full value in the offseason. Yzerman completely gets his way

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
SportsCentre ‏@SportsCentre 11m11 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
JUST IN: As per @DarrenDreger, Lightning F Jonathan Drouin to report to Syracuse Crunch of the #AHL #TSNHockey

I knew there was no way he was going to stay out well past the deadline. What's the point? He's not getting traded, and any injury he might get wouldn't effect him being traded likely.

After the deadline, the only person hes hurting is himself.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I knew there was no way he was going to stay out well past the deadline. What's the point? He's not getting traded, and any injury he might get wouldn't effect him being traded likely.

After the deadline, the only person hes hurting is himself.

I'm guessing it has something to do with his paychecks.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Disappointed to hear that. He will be traded for full value in the offseason. Yzerman completely gets his way

Yzerman will probably send him out west. I'd rather our western rivals pay full price for him. We probably weren't getting him anyway.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Joe McDonald ‏@ESPNJoeyMac 10m10 minutes ago
Tampa Bay Lightning announce the suspension of forward Jonathan Drouin has been lifted and he will report to the Syracuse Crunch of AHL.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
From the beginning it was obvious Drouin had no leverage. I have no idea why Walsh thought this strategy would work or why Drouin would go along with it.

I wouldn't be shocked to see him get a new agent as well after this whole fiasco, or at least he probably should.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 11m11 minutes ago
Zac Rinaldo suspended in AHL, too. Five games for illegal check to the head playing for Providence vs. Bridgeport on Friday.

what a moron.

From the beginning it was obvious Drouin had no leverage. I have no idea why Walsh thought this strategy would work or why Drouin would go along with it.

I wouldn't be shocked to see him get a new agent as well after this whole fiasco, or at least he probably should.

drouin was driving the boat, no doubt. not walsh.

phil esposito claimed though that it was his parents.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
Wouldn't be a shock at all to see another kid whose parents are way too involved in his pro career.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Joe McDonald ‏@ESPNJoeyMac 10m10 minutes ago
Tampa Bay Lightning announce the suspension of forward Jonathan Drouin has been lifted and he will report to the Syracuse Crunch of AHL.

Probably the right move, play some games stay in shape and you'll get the move you want at the draft, regardless of how much effort you put in.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
91.9 Sport ‏@919sport 52m52 minutes ago
"NHLPA has been informed that Quebec City is excluded from the NHL expansion" - @GeorgesLaraque #919sport #lnh #ch #habs #hockey #nhl

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
91.9 Sport ‏@919sport 52m52 minutes ago
"NHLPA has been informed that Quebec City is excluded from the NHL expansion" - @GeorgesLaraque #919sport #lnh #ch #habs #hockey #nhl

Good lord that's rough.

They built that incredible new arena, have an absolutely RAVENOUS fan base that I can't help but think would sellout every game (despite the value of the Canadian Dollar), and the NHL doesn't want to go there?

LV is no doubt interesting, for many reasons but mainly because they also secured season ticket deposits, but at this moment in time I can't fathom fan support in LV being anywhere near what it would be in Quebec (though that can change depending on what happens).

Boulder Avalanche

Pull the Goalie
Apr 9, 2013
I would rather see Quebec get a team before Los Vegas. Maybe I am cling to the ways of old I hate the whole hockey in non hockey markets. Seriously we do not need two teams in Florida and one in Arizona. Those are failures accept it and move on. Some former non hockey regions have turned out great like San Jose, Anaheim, Dallas, and Nashville all have devoted fans but that is the exception not the rule.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Ticket sales are only so much, the Vegas market is a much bigger money maker than Quebec. The NHL doesn't want to add any more small markets, they'd prefer to move one struggling market to another. I know they are just sitting around hoping Seattle somehow pulls an arena out of the sky but at this point just expand to Vegas and move on. I know expanding by one isn't ideal either but they are teetering on the edge of making this whole expansion idea a farce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad