Speculation: The Bruins and Jeremy Swayman are far apart in contract term (length) and dollar amount.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
They might be wise to play hardball with Swayman and not budge.

Otherwise, if they give him his big payday, well suddenly Bruins players aren't so into friendly contracts anymore.

I dunno. I hate the Bruins because of how good they are every year when everyone expects them to drop, and because their players sign friendly deals.

Maybe they need to show Swayman where the door is and shop around for a servicable goalie.
Did the Bruins play hardball in signing Lindholm and Zadorov? Other players see those UFA’s coming in getting huge deals. Swayman is the key to their club’s success. Other top goalies are going to be signing new contracts over 80 million. Swayman knows this.

Reactions: TD Charlie

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Did the Bruins play hardball in signing Lindholm and Zadorov? Other players see those UFA’s coming in getting huge deals. Swayman is the key to their club’s success. Other top goalies are going to be signing new contracts over 80 million. Swayman knows this.
Hey, I really hope the Bruins sign the new Carey Price.

Just doesn't seem like their modus operandi.

Fascinating.

Max McBolt

Dec 18, 2018

Other top goalies will be signing new contracts over 80 million ?

Which goalies ?

Swayman knows that Askarov will be signing a new contract over $80M in a few years ?

Almost all the current top goalies are already signed long term and/or will be too old to sign such contracts when theirs expire.

Vasilevskyi, Hellebuyck, Sorokin, Saros won’t be having +$80M contracts.

Demko ? Unlikely given his new health situation.

Oettinger ? Possible, but no one can say for certain that Dallas will give him $10M per year, let alone know that he will without a doubt get a contract over $80M.

Shesterkin. We know that NYR are willing to give him a bigger salary on average per year than Carey Price. That’s as sure as we can be for a goaltender to have a +$80M contract, but it’s still not certain. Who knows if Shesterkin asks for +$13M and NYR refuse to go that far and won’t get a deal done… Which team will give him $80M ?

But let’s say for arguments sake that we are certain Shesterkin will make +$80M; that’s only one top goalie.

There are no others. So maybe Shesterkin and Oettinger will make north of $10M per year. So what ? Bobrovski and Price have been paid $10M on average annually on contracts given 6-7 years ago, and the rest of the league did not follow that trend with other top goalies in the years that followed, except for Vasilevskyi who came pretty close.

They still haven’t in part because starters in today’s game only play 55-65 games and backups are more relied upon than before.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nothingbutglass

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Currently one top goalie would get over 80, Shesty.

Reactions: Over the volcano

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Other top goalies will be signing new contracts over 80 million ?

Which goalies ?

Swayman knows that Askarov will be signing a new contract over $80M in a few years ?

Almost all the current top goalies are already signed long term and/or will be too old to sign such contracts when theirs expire.

Vasilevskyi, Hellebuyck, Sorokin, Saros won’t be having +$80M contracts.

Demko ? Unlikely given his new health situation.

Oettinger ? Possible, but no one can say for certain that Dallas will give him $10M per year, let alone know that he will without a doubt get a contract over $80M.

Shesterkin. We know that NYR are willing to give him a bigger salary on average per year than Carey Price. That’s as sure as we can be for a goaltender to have a +$80M contract, but it’s still not certain. Who knows if Shesterkin asks for +$13M and NYR refuse to go that far and won’t get a deal done… Which team will give him $80M ?

But let’s say for arguments sake that we are certain Shesterkin will make +$80M; that’s only one top goalie.

There are no others. So maybe Shesterkin and Oettinger will make north of $10M per year. So what ? Bobrovski and Price have been paid $10M on average annually on contracts given 6-7 years ago, and the rest of the league did not follow that trend with other top goalies in the years that followed, except for Vasilevskyi who came pretty close.

They still haven’t in part because starters in today’s game only play 55-65 games and backups are more relied upon than before.
10 mil x eight years is 80 mil. Shesterkin might eclipse 90 mil. Imo the Bruins can pay Swayman 80 mil now, or they miss the playoffs and they pay 80 million next year. He’s their most important player. They need to get him into camp.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
i think cossa is ready to start back up duty in detroit. i'd be willing to trade lyon or husso 50% retained, whichever boston values more. i bet that would light a fire under swayman's ass, to see sweeney making plans to play out the year without him

Those guys are in the same tier as the goalies I mentioned IMO

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
10 mil x eight years is 80 mil. Shesterkin might eclipse 90 mil. Imo the Bruins can pay Swayman 80 mil now, or they miss the playoffs and they pay 80 million next year. He’s their most important player. They need to get him into camp.

No, make him sit unless he is willing to fall in line. They can do fine without him. I doubt they go past the 2nd round with or without him anyway. Florida is still king in this division.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
No, make him sit unless he is willing to fall in line. They can do fine without him. I doubt they go past the 2nd round with or without him anyway. Florida is still king in this division.
Swayman could play in Europe, no? Imo Bruins will be hard pressed to make the playoffs without him.
Leafs are really good
Panthers are really good
Lightning are really good
Detroit and Buffalo are coming fast.
Habs are a lot better and will push.

Bruins need their ace.
Maybe both sides might in the middle and it gets done at 9 x 8?

UED

May 2, 2021
I think if Swayman really wants no less than 10M+ then his NHL career is over. I don't know why anyone would give him anywhere near that...he needs to prove himself on an average team first, not the best defensive team in the world. Brian Elliott had 94% when he was on the best defensive team. Every single goalie that played for the Bruins since McAvoy had better stats than Swayman, Halak of all people had 92.2 then 91.9, not to mention Ullmark who isn't exactly special either. Same thing as when they had Chara and every Bruin goalie was winning the Vezina or getting a job elsewhere to be the next starter. Paying these guys for their stats is the goalie version of paying McDavid's linemates for their stats. I don't know why the Bruins don't just get another random goalie. I'm sure someone like Stolarz, Hofer or Daccord would do the trick. Why does it have to be Swayman

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Not 8 mil

Max McBolt

Dec 18, 2018

You said that top goalies will get more than $80 millions contracts moving forward and that Swayman knows this.

I asked you which top goalies are you talking about.

There aren’t any top goalies that are set to sign contracts that will pay them $10.5 millions a year or more for 8 years except Shesterkin.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
i think cossa is ready to start back up duty in detroit. i'd be willing to trade lyon or husso 50% retained, whichever boston values more. i bet that would light a fire under swayman's ass, to see sweeney making plans to play out the year without him
Sounds like you are secretly Swayman's agent trying to sabotage the B's season and force them to pay him.

Well done Mr. Gross.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
You said that top goalies will get more than $80 millions contracts moving forward and that Swayman knows this.

I asked you which top goalies are you talking about.

There aren’t any top goalies that are set to sign contracts that will pay them $10.5 millions a year or more for 8 years except Shesterkin.
You’re saying Swayman isn’t a top goalie?

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
UFA =/= RFA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad