2015-16 Around the League VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Classic. Remember this

Dubnyk>Varlamov

Schultz>>>Johnson

Hall>>>>>Duchene

Or something like that. I think this was in 12-13. We made the playoffs the next year.

Petry>>>Johnson too

He still could become better though. His development took a massive hit when he got drafted by the Oilers. It wouldn't surprise me if he develops well after he gets traded. His biggest issue imo is health.

Possibly, but most dubbed him the next big thing. He'll still be a good player but he's no where near franchise player. A couple level down from Duchene as of right now.

Some news about a future Avs player.......

Anyone know how he has been playing since coming back? Numbers look pretty good.

You'd think he'd be extra careful after coming back. Dame.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Some news about a future Avs player.......

Anyone know how he has been playing since coming back? Numbers look pretty good.

i catched some games. surprisingly, better than he was on his earlier sent. wasn't in shape that one would expect after such a lay-off.

not at his all-time best though.

he's also been used at wing, instead of C, even if syracuse could use a center.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
So according to Minny fans their reporters are talking about a Koivu vs Suter/Parise split in the locker-room, not just the old-guy vs young-guys dynamic that most were assuming...we needed some good news after the MacK & Dutchy injuries.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Who the hell has 3 alarm clocks, or even an alarm clock anymore (Don't we all use our phones anymore?)? Seems like a fabrication to me...

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Who the hell has 3 alarm clocks, or even an alarm clock anymore (Don't we all use our phones anymore?)? Seems like a fabrication to me...

Perhaps that's what he's meaning--he set 3 alarms on his phone.

I set 2 alarms for myself, but they're staggered with the latest one usually still about 1-2 hours before whatever I needed to get up for that day...I'm a heavy sleeper. But 3 alarms? Sounds like something someone would do if they were out really late.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Maybe he's just bad at tuning out his alarms. I use my phone and an alarm clock, with multiple (staggered) times. *shrug*

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

I'm inclined to believe you but I also thought about the aspect RL brought up. Coach thinks it's no big deal, so it isn't.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
i catched some games. surprisingly, better than he was on his earlier sent. wasn't in shape that one would expect after such a lay-off.

not at his all-time best though.

he's also been used at wing, instead of C, even if syracuse could use a center.

That doesn't sound too bad. I figured he wouldn't be too good after the distractions and that much time off.

As for the alarm clock thing, I have three times set on my phone every morning. One at 6:15, another one at 6:30, and one at 6:40 just in case.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
That doesn't sound too bad. I figured he wouldn't be too good after the distractions and that much time off.

maybe the biggest improvement has come from that he's not just saying on the perimeter and deferring. he's been looking to score himself too. if he can bring that consistently in the NHL, he'll be much more dangerous threat. shot could use little more mustard though.

and some flaws like over-stickhandling are still there. he can get away with it in AHL.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I saw Drouin's last two games. He was easily the best player on the ice. Nobody close on either team really.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
So according to Minny fans their reporters are talking about a Koivu vs Suter/Parise split in the locker-room, not just the old-guy vs young-guys dynamic that most were assuming...we needed some good news after the MacK & Dutchy injuries.

Doesn't Koivu have a big contract with NTC?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Maybe he's just bad at tuning out his alarms. I use my phone and an alarm clock, with multiple (staggered) times. *shrug*

Watch this actually turns out to be some kind of bug with the new iOS that came out a couple days ago. What do they do then? Issue an apology?

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
All three of them do. Koivu only has two more years left though.

Parise and Suter were their big UFA signings. Can't trade those two. They've been following the NYR build model. If there truly is a rift Koivu would be the one packing his bags...

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
If you're going to lie make it atleast somewhat convincing.

Honestly, I've done 2-3 before and they didn't go off (forgot if I had 2 re-occuring and 1 manual that night or not). Why? Because I had turned off the volume on my phone while I was out that night and forgot to turn it back on when I got to my hotel.

Missed my flight because of it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad