2015-16 Around the League VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I've watched more Wild games in the last week than I care to EVER watch and I'll say this:

They get away with a TON of obstruction/interference and all that jazz.

Suter leads the league in this category every year. It's crazy what the refs let him get away with.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
oh great now a Kings penalty with 58 secs left

And I'm not saying it's not a penalty, but that's ****ing ridiculous with what I saw the Wild get away with tonight. They called every little thing they could on the Kings tonight while the Wild got away with a fair amount--as usual.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I hate that lame slashing penalty for a crappy stick snapping like a toothpick. Hate it with a passion.

NothingLikeAnEJ

Jimmies: Rustled
Jan 24, 2011
Flyers will be playing 3rd game in 4 nights. At altitude with Mason just coming off a game where he had to make 50+ saves. Avs gotta come out hungry and jump on them.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Well that sucks.

We still control our own fate though, keep winning and we'll make playoffs. MIN just keeping us honest.

Thursday and Saturday gonna be a crazy couple of days for Avs fans.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I can't wait for Dubnyk to get lit up like a Christmas tree next year with the streamlined equipment.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Lol the top teams in the West know Minnesota. They know that they pose absolutely no threat to anyone because Dubnyk isn't as good as he's looked the past few games, they have no offence, and if you take away Suter their defence doesn't look all that good.

I'm in no way saying that teams are losing on purpose in order to face Minnesota in the playoffs. Not even close. But I do believe that teams would rather face the Minnesota Wild, a team that has time and time again proven they are an easy out (Unless you're St. Louis), instead of an Avalanche team which clearly made upgrades at the deadline and has a better goaltender.

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
And I'm not saying it's not a penalty, but that's ****ing ridiculous with what I saw the Wild get away with tonight. They called every little thing they could on the Kings tonight while the Wild got away with a fair amount--as usual.

Aren't we used to this though, as Avs fans? Clearly some teams get calls and others don't. With the Avs, it's whoever their playing close to half the time who will get away with most anything.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Lol the top teams in the West know Minnesota. They know that they pose absolutely no threat to anyone because Dubnyk isn't as good as he's looked the past few games, they have no offence, and if you take away Suter their defence doesn't look all that good.

At this time of the year good teams want to avoid injuries and cruise their way to the playoffs. Same reason why the Habs beat the Ducks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad