Proposal: MTL & CGY

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
No he’s not and no blue chip would ever be on the table for a guy turning 28 that will need a new (long term) contract at 30.
I agree. Teams VERY rarely trade blue chips unless they demand out a la Cutter Gauthier or maybe Rutger McGroarty (although I think him and Yager fall short of "blue chip" category)

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
Mailloux is better then Brzustewicz

you don't know that ,,,, don't speculate
Mailloux Draft +1 and +2 combined:
71 games, 62 points, +22

Brzustewicz Draft +1:
67 games, 92 points, +31

In their pre draft as prospects you may have been right, but Brzustewicz just had a more impressive season than any of Mailloux’s 3 years since his draft, and appears to have built off it with his extremely strong play this pre-season so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: bert

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
So the best rookie rman in the AHL last season is not a bluechip prospect.... Interesting!
He wasn’t the best rookie dman. He was on the all rookie team, alongside Brandt Clarke who had virtually the same production in 22 less games.

Believe it or not, I can still think he’s a good prospect without thinking he’s a blue chip.

Reactions: Bluenotes27

Ledge And Dairy

He wasn’t the best rookie dman. He was on the all rookie team, alongside Brandt Clarke who had virtually the same production in 22 less games.

Believe it or not, I can still think he’s a good prospect without thinking he’s a blue chip.
You can add Olen Zellweger to that list as well, both were quite clearly much better than Mailloux, just with less games played.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
So the best rookie rman in the AHL last season is not a bluechip prospect.... Interesting!
No he isn't. A blue chipper prospect is a can't miss prospect. The fact he was in the AHL at all means he's not a blue chipper if we're honest.

Also you guys drafted the piece of trash, you keep your human garbage.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Funny how people are 100% sure that CGY will finish top 10 in the draft.

Top 9 forwards are not bad at all.
Top 4 D is pretty good as well.

If they want to finish top 10 in the draft they need to start selling.
If not they might end up between #11 to #15 or around that.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
The plan here is to start CGY rebuild and for the Habs having a better vet then Savard on the right side.

Matheson-Guhle
Hutson-Anderson
Wifi-Savard

Could be a solid top 6 for the habs and have a shot at making the playoff.
Anderson still have a good 5 years ahead of him just like Matheson.

That's basically 3 first rd for Anderson.

Figgy44

A toast of purple gato for the memories
Dec 15, 2014
The plan here is to start CGY rebuild and for the Habs having a better vet then Savard on the right side.

Matheson-Guhle
Hutson-Anderson
Wifi-Savard

Could be a solid top 6 for the habs and have a shot at making the playoff.
Anderson still have a good 5 years ahead of him just like Matheson.

That's basically 3 first rd for Anderson.

I appreciate the generosity, but I'll basically say no thank you.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
No need to add this player to our roster right now
Rebuild is over, let's try to upgrade where we can.

Mailloux is a great player but with Reinbacher, Bodgan, Savard and with Anderson we can spare him.

Then #20 2025 + Mesar are what CGY needs for a rebuild.

I would even try to get Kadri in a bigger deal.

MTL : Mailloux + CGY first + Mesar + Dvorak + Pezz
for
CGY : Anderson + Kadri

Last edited:

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
No he isn't. A blue chipper prospect is a can't miss prospect. The fact he was in the AHL at all means he's not a blue chipper if we're honest.

Also you guys drafted the piece of trash, you keep your human garbage.
I bet you don't even know what he did

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Logan isn’t a blue chip prospect.

Mailloux is a great player but with Reinbacher, Bodgan, Savard and with Anderson we can spare him.

MTL : Mailloux + CGY first + Mesar + Dvorak
for
Rebuild is over, lol, they have holes everywhere. Third & Fourth line aren’t great and 5/6 isn’t stellar

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018

Rebuild is over, lol, they have holes everywhere. Third & Fourth line aren’t great and 5/6 isn’t stellar
Blue chip for me is a player that will play minimum 500 games either top 4 D or Top 6 FW

You understand that Demidov, Hage , Kapanen, Beck are comming in soon right ?

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Blue chip for me is a player that will play minimum 500 games either top 4 D or Top 6 FW

You understand that Demidov, Hage , Kapanen, Beck are comming in soon right ?
Logan isn’t a lock for 500 or top 4 D.

Yes, but not all of them are going to pan out. Rebuild is over when this team actually becomes competitive and is entrenched in the playoffs.

This team is still a bottom 10, rebuild is still ongoing.

Reactions: pth2

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal

MTL : Mailloux + CGY first + Mesar + Dvorak + Pezz
for
You are lost.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Imagine this lineup this year

CC-Suzuki-Laine
Newhook-Kadri-Slaf
Roy-Dach-Anderson

TOP 9 is great

Matheson-Anderson
Hutson-Guhle
Wifi-Savard

Kick ass top 6 D

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Imagine this lineup this year

CC-Suzuki-Laine
Newhook-Kadri-Slaf
Roy-Dach-Anderson

TOP 9 is great

Matheson-Anderson
Hutson-Guhle
Wifi-Savard

Kick ass top 6 D
Improving the present at the cost of the future isn't a good idea when rebuilding.

Figgy44

Dec 15, 2014
I bet you don't even know what he did

Mailloux? He's the Dilbert looking dude who shared sex pics in Sweden and got in trouble.

Quite a few of us Flames fans are totally aware. We aren't happy with the end result of the Dube and the Roni situation. A Mailloux type situation, which happened not far time frame wise as these other allegations, sticks out for a few of us. Adding Mailloux to the mix for #3 for keeps after those two other situations would be horrific optics. The optics are different for Montreal.

Ignore the calibre of player Mailloux is and his value as a prospect. The Flames cannot and do not want to bring such a player into our org.

Figgy44

Dec 15, 2014
what do you mean , losing Mailloux, Mesar and CGY first makes us lost ?

You get lost mate

wow he must be satan,, i am sure you did worse

Read the rest of the post. Flames just finished addressing Topi Roni and Dillon Dube situations for sexual assaults last year. We cannot afford the optics of what hangs over Mailloux's head, especially since we're also dealing with the loss of Snowy and Gaudreau right now.

I'm not saying he's Satan. I'm saying he's not a player that would work with Calgary right now that wouldn't be a major distraction. Even if you ignore the value, potential and who we have coming up for RD in our system.

The Flames are dealing with a metric ton of off ice distractions right now. Hopefully some of them allow them to galvanize and perform well this season. Adding more potential off ice distractions isn't a good idea.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad