2015-16 Around the League VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperJoe

Feb 24, 2010
Royal City
Matthews is a marketing gem for the Coyotes. I think they would do what it took to get the #1 pick. OEL is the perfect fit for that.. and Arizona would likely keep their pick as well.

Fan being the key word. Management sees a Scottsdale boy who might be an elite player in the NHL available... they won't pass on that opportunity.

How much longer are they going to be in Arizona? Put me in the camp that believes no go for a OEL/Austin swap

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
OEL is amazing. He's missed like nearly 15 games and he's got 19 goals ..on ARZ! Doing all that without an legitimate no. 2 playing with him. (yes thats a jab at EJ)
If he were in a eastern city he'd be getting serious attention.

And he's only 24. lol just unfair.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
How much longer are they going to be in Arizona? Put me in the camp that believes no go for a OEL/Austin swap

The NHL has tied their horse to Arizona... they are there for a while. We will see when it all comes down to it. If a team gets the #1 pick that would even possibly think about giving it up, Arizona will push extremely hard to get Matthews.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I don't think Edmonton could get OEL for Matthews straight up. It would probably have to be something like Matthews + Nurse for OEL + 2nd.

Maybe even something bigger like Matthews + RNH + Nurse for OEL + 1st + 2nd(Bleackley compensation)

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
I don't think Edmonton could get OEL for Matthews straight up. It would probably have to be something like Matthews + Nurse for OEL + 2nd.

Maybe even something bigger like Matthews + RNH + Nurse for OEL + 1st + 2nd(Bleackley compensation)

That would be an absolutely enormous trade. Though I would do it if I was Arizona.

I hope the dogs pick top 3 anyways, Laine or Puljujärvi would be huge for them too.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
lol da Costa with the falling-down slapshot into the top corner gives ZSKA a 2-0 lead on a Rads drawn PP.

Edit:
And back to box for Alex, second minor penalty against him today...leads to a minute long 5-on-3 for SKA...

At least SKA are as bad as the avs on the PP, and Rads saved a goal after coming out of the box.

Last edited:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I don't know enough about Karlsson to really judge one way or another, but I got to admit I gave a quick thought to this as well, when he embarrassed the linesman by throwing the puck away from him on that offsides/icing (can't remember which) in that game against the Avs, that got him a a serious reprimanding from the officials.

Maybe it was an outlier, but that reaction in a losing game struck me as a player looking to place blame, rather than find a solution, or lead by setting an example on the ice.

You don't have to be a Mark Messier rah rah motivational captain, but if you're gonna approach it from the other end of the spectrum, you have to set your example on the ice. You would never see Joe Sakic or Nick Lidstrom do that to an official.

Again maybe it's nothing, but it just struck me as odd. It's possible he might have been better as their star player, but not captain.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
If I'm the Oilers, regardless of 1st, 2nd, or 3rd overall I'm going to the Coyotes and offering up:

2016 1st + Nail Yakupov + their choice of RNH/Draisaitl for OEL. Hell, I'd even toss a 2017 1st in there.

Is it an overpayment? Sure. Especially if that 2016 1st is the 1st overall pick. But the Oilers have sucked since 1990 save for a few playoff runs in 97/98/06. They've missed the playoffs 10 years in a row now, and 12 of 16 years since 2000. The team needs that defensive stud if they ever want to do anything. Talbot, to my surprise and I'll eat crow since I never thought he'd do this, has looked like a good starting goaltender for them. Now they need the defence.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
So... uhhh Ottawa... we got a good ol Canadian boy who is the second coming of Karlsson. He will be a better leader and provide nearly the same offense. Wanna swap? :naughty:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
So... uhhh Ottawa... we got a good ol Canadian boy who is the second coming of Karlsson. He will be a better leader and provide nearly the same offense. Wanna swap? :naughty:

That's not even cool to joke about man. This team would be scary if EK replaced Tyson and we signed Rads or Boedker in the offseason.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Sums up our season, in terms of luck/chances:

Kings outshot Wild 14-3, but the Wild have the 1-0 lead.

Seems right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad