2015-16 Around the League VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
I want the kings to lose atleast one of those games.

If we make the playoffs, playing against LA would be the worst.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
If we beat them it becomes a different story though. 5 points isn't an impossible hill to climb.

And if anything I'd much rather this team be shooting up at Nashville than fighting for the bottom with Minnesota, both for seeding purposes and in the way they should be approaching their games - a catch Nashville mentality is much better than a don't cede ground to Minny mentality.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Poor Bleackley comes back from a broken kneecap only to have his wrist cut by a skate. He's out indefinitely now. Can't imagine he get signed by Arizona, so it will be interesting to see what happens with him this summer.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Nylander with a three point night. He had two last game as well.

Leafs fans and Toronto media are going to hit another level of crazy.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Nylander with a three point night. He had two last game as well.

Leafs fans and Toronto media are going to hit another level of crazy.

He's looked really really good. Leafs fans have an elite offensive prospect on their hands. Plus I think Marner is even better. They need one of them to play wing though and bring in a bigger, better two way centre for the top 6. If the leafs are smart they stay the hell away from Stamkos and send that money at an actual elite Ontario centre next year in JT. He's a much better hockey player than Stamkos.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
He's looked really really good. Leafs fans have an elite offensive prospect on their hands. Plus I think Marner is even better. They need one of them to play wing though and bring in a bigger, better two way centre for the top 6. If the leafs are smart they stay the hell away from Stamkos and send that money at an actual elite Ontario centre next year in JT. He's a much better hockey player than Stamkos.

tavares doesn't seem like a kind of guy who would leave isles but i guess weirder things have happened.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Wonder what kind of assets the Oilers can get for their inevitable 1st overall pick. At some point they have to start looking at their defense.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
OEL... if Edmonton get the pick, I fully expect an OEL for #1 pick trade.

I don't believe for an instant that Arizona would even remotely consider that. They have Strome, Duclair, and Domi up front. You can add guys like Rieder to that as well. On defense they have nothing, either coming up or on the roster right now. #1 defensmen are probably the hardest thing to find in the league. I would be astounded if Arizona moves OEL.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
Barrie :sarcasm:

AZ fans say their D would be nothing without OEL. Can they really make that move?

Almost every Yotes fan I've seen has said no to a OEL for 1st overall swap. I do wonder if Edmonton would do something that just drops them to say, 3rd if the Yotes had that pick with a lesser piece coming back as well but still something that still helps them then they pick 3rd as well.

I think it would be really tough for them to get fair value for that 1st pick unless a team like Nashville or Anaheim with a pretty enviable set of defensemen really makes a surprise move to go for that #1 pick.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I don't believe for an instant that Arizona would even remotely consider that. They have Strome, Duclair, and Domi up front. You can add guys like Rieder to that as well. On defense they have nothing, either coming up or on the roster right now. #1 defensmen are probably the hardest thing to find in the league. I would be astounded if Arizona moves OEL.

Matthews is a marketing gem for the Coyotes. I think they would do what it took to get the #1 pick. OEL is the perfect fit for that.. and Arizona would likely keep their pick as well.

Almost every Yotes fan I've seen has said no to a OEL for 1st overall swap. I do wonder if Edmonton would do something that just drops them to say, 3rd if the Yotes had that pick with a lesser piece coming back as well but still something that still helps them then they pick 3rd as well.

I think it would be really tough for them to get fair value for that 1st pick unless a team like Nashville or Anaheim with a pretty enviable set of defensemen really makes a surprise move to go for that #1 pick.

Fan being the key word. Management sees a Scottsdale boy who might be an elite player in the NHL available... they won't pass on that opportunity.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Yeah I wouldnt do it either if I was ARZ. Unless EDM sweetened it (which seems absurd but Matthews isnt a next gen'er)
You can win with one really good C and supplementary C behind him. But you need a D like OEL. Especially on his contract.
And they have Dvorak coming in behind Strome.

If they do that trade. They will spend forever trying to replace an elite D like OEL.
If they didnt already have Strome (and had kept Yandle around) then you would def. consider it.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
Is Clutterbuck the best 4th liner in the league? or is that Kruger?

kruger is my pick. though not sure if he counts as 4th liner as he can be 3C on many teams. not a great one as i don't think he has that much offense in him, though more than he's showed this year and with better linemates.

Mitchell is clearly the best 4th liner as sometimes he plays 1C and on the PP. :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad