2015-16 Around the League VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BoxOfChocolates

Mar 7, 2010
ROW's matter guys. Plus it was expected for Minnesota to beat the Canes, got lucky enough with them losing to Edmonton, Ottawa and NJ

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
They can't lose them all. Blackhawks will take care of business tomorrow.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I expected Minny to win since Carolina isn't bad enough to sucker the Wild into not giving a f***, so I'm glad they at least kept minny from getting a ROW.

Gotta pad that first tie breaker so that if it comes down to it; them owning our soul doesn't put us out of a playoff spot.

It was Jeff Skinner. Nobody has actually ever tripped the dude.

:laugh:

Last edited:

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Just a shame that after tying late and having a great OT, the Canes couldn't keep the Wild to one point. Pretty good job by them though... I'll take the ROW.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I actually think the Wild fans might be more bi-polar than us. Few game losing streak and they all give up on their team and don't even post. The game which they won against the Canes turned out to be 5 pages :laugh:. It's funny all their egotistical fans go from touting their own horn thinking they have the chance to win it all, to not even posting and giving up on their team when they're 1 point behind for the last WC spot.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Nice little nugget from Daly (via Larry Brooks interview) about a potential Expansion Draft:

By the way: Daly did confirm that second-year pros meant to be exempt from the process would, “include Players who just finished their second years.” So the Rangers would not have to protect Brady Skjei or Ryan Graves.

So, if the Expansion Draft were held in the summer next year, that would mean that Rantanen would be exempt from it, right? Bigras as well?

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I actually think the Wild fans might be more bi-polar than us. Few game losing streak and they all give up on their team and don't even post. The game which they won against the Canes turned out to be 5 pages :laugh:. It's funny all their egotistical fans go from touting their own horn thinking they have the chance to win it all, to not even posting and giving up on their team when they're 1 point behind for the last WC spot.

Sounds better than pages and pages of complaining and negative hyperbole.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Nice little nugget from Daly (via Larry Brooks interview) about a potential Expansion Draft:

So, if the Expansion Draft were held in the summer next year, that would mean that Rantanen would be exempt from it, right? Bigras as well?

Certainly sounds like it. Hope that's how they decide to carry it out.

Avs44

May 16, 2011

I think it was confirmed somewhere that Ehlers would not have to be protected, so Rantanen would definitely not have to be in that scenario. The same would apply for Bigras, unless they consider his 7 AHL games last season to his first pro season.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
I think it was confirmed somewhere that Ehlers would not have to be protected, so Rantanen would definitely not have to be in that scenario. The same would apply for Bigras, unless they consider his 7 AHL games last season to his first pro season.

11 or more professional games as 18 or 19 old count as a pro season.

he didn't play on his SPC either, it was amateur try-out.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas

If Skjei wouldn't have to be protected, then neither would Bigras. Skjei played 8 regular season games in the AHL last year, plus another 15 in the playoffs.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
If Skjei wouldn't have to be protected, then neither would Bigras. Skjei played 8 regular season games in the AHL last year, plus another 15 in the playoffs.

I did not know that, that's fantastic news then.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Blackhawks have really struggled lately, Crawford is injured, but nobody is looking good except Keith. Who Coach Q is going to run into the ground, though that's good for the rest of the Western Conference. Toews in particular looked absolutely pathetic.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Just looked at the Kings schedule, they play a back-to-back tomorrow and Tuesday. They're in Nashville on Monday and Minnesota on Tuesday...

BEST case scenario is that they beat both in regulation, but I'd settle for them beating only Minnesota in regulation.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Blackhawks have really struggled lately, Crawford is injured, but nobody is looking good except Keith. Who Coach Q is going to run into the ground, though that's good for the rest of the Western Conference. Toews in particular looked absolutely pathetic.

Keith is a freak of nature. He seems to get better with more playing time somehow.

Though I do agree the Blackhawks have looked awful lately. I won't be too shocked, though it's far fetched, if the Predators end up passing them in the standings and Chicago has to play Los Angeles in the 1st round as the first wild card seed. Nashville is 6 points back with a game in hand

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I'm not even coming close to considering Nashville missing the playoffs being an option.

If they only won 5 of their final 10 games which would be a complete disaster for them based on how they're playing they would finish with 95 points. The only way we could pass them is if we won 8 of our final 9.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I'm not even coming close to considering Nashville missing the playoffs being an option.

If they only won 5 of their final 10 games which would be a complete disaster for them based on how they're playing they would finish with 95 points. The only way we could pass them is if we won 8 of our final 9.

If we beat them it becomes a different story though. 5 points isn't an impossible hill to climb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad