2015-16 Around the League VIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Well since the equipment restrictions I'm referring to don't kick in until next year, no not like that.

oh, this whole time I thought all those new rules took effect right after the meetings. Must be good to be learned

I'm sure next year when he puts up similar numbers to Varly like he is this year there will be another round of "can't wait for Dubnyk to get lit up/return to his true form because of ___________ " posts.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Lol the top teams in the West know Minnesota. They know that they pose absolutely no threat to anyone because Dubnyk isn't as good as he's looked the past few games, they have no offence, and if you take away Suter their defence doesn't look all that good.

I'm in no way saying that teams are losing on purpose in order to face Minnesota in the playoffs. Not even close. But I do believe that teams would rather face the Minnesota Wild, a team that has time and time again proven they are an easy out (Unless you're St. Louis), instead of an Avalanche team which clearly made upgrades at the deadline and has a better goaltender.

if you take away the top guy from every defense, the wild defense still would be among the best in the league.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
This is awful. Can't even count on 2 of the best teams in the league for help. Avs need to win the last 9.

I wouldnt go that far we have been known to throw up clunkers against bad teams, We still have to play Chicago, San Jose and at Detroit those wont be easy at all, much easier than your schedule though but thats why the play the games. Never know what will happen

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
oh, this whole time I thought all those new rules took effect right after the meetings. Must be good to be learned

I'm sure next year when he puts up similar numbers to Varly like he is this year there will be another round of "can't wait for Dubnyk to get lit up/return to his true form because of ___________ " posts.

I can see this bothered you. Sorry to talk bad about your boy. You know...the Wild goaltender.

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
I can't wait for Dubnyk to get lit up like a Christmas tree next year with the streamlined equipment.

Is there a reason that new goaltender equipment will affect Dubnyk more than other goaltenders?

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Is there a reason that new goaltender equipment will affect Dubnyk more than other goaltenders?

More? That's not clear but that's another subject. There will finally be some holes in him when he goes into the butterfly at 6'6".

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
More? That's not clear but that's another subject. There will finally be some holes in him when he goes into the butterfly at 6'6".

If they actually do implement and enforce goaltender equipment change, I think a lot of goaltenders' stats are going to decline a bit.

I have my doubts though - particularly about the enforcement part.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I don't totally buy that Dumba is yet, but even so... I wouldn't say any of the remaining are top pairing types. Brodin is a 2/3, but beyond that all are 3 or 4s.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Not literally take him off, but in game attack him to "take him out" as much as possible.

I also disagree about their defence. I don't think it's all that good without Suter

taking suter out isn't that good strategy since he's not excellent at creating offense on his own. his partner is at least as good puck mover as suter.

they have 4 top 4 guys, or 3 legit top guys and excellent #5 in dumba. spurgeon is excellent #3 as is brodin, though the latter hasn't played like that this season. i think that is more on coaching/locker room issues than on brodin.

their #6 is weak but that is the case for quite many teams.

which teams have it better?

and i'll say this as anything but a wild fan. i like them the leaast of all NHL teams. scratch that, all hockey teams.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Once Gio got his act together, I think Calgary had the best set of defensemen in the NHL. Even now with Russell gone their top 3 is just incredible.

they arguably do. lack depth but they can ride those top 3 guys hard. arguably the best top 2 guys in the game.

preds are another but their #3 isn't as good as calgary. better top pair than minny but #3-5 aren't as good.

many other teams with great D rely a lot on their top guys or top guy.

caps have good #1 and solid depth. sharks also have a good core. both in talent and depth. same with ducks. jets lack depth as of now, and LD is weak. tampa has nice top-end talent and depth. hawks lack depth too much (though it hasn't hurt them as keith is cyborg).

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
they are going to break that record.

Yeah, most likely.

The annual talk of their untouchables has started with Friedman saying McDavid and Draisaitl are the only guys up front. Maybe this offseason will be different because Chiarelli has had a year to evaluate them but we hear this every year and then they bring everyone back.

I do think RNH is a goner though. He's the third best center on the team now and he just got hurt again.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I do think RNH is a goner though. He's the third best center on the team now and he just got hurt again.

Remember when he was clearly better than Duchene, even on this board some thought this.:laugh:

RNH was considered a franchise player and the future of the oilers even ahead of Hall.:laugh:

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course

i'm going to be so pissed off if the wild get him. not the biggest fan of RNH but he could be excellent fit there. and they have some extra dman that oilers could use and that are expandable for minny. and they have to trade at least one (expansion draft).

ASmileyFace

Landeskog Replacement
Feb 13, 2014
9,318'
Yeah, most likely.

The annual talk of their untouchables has started with Friedman saying McDavid and Draisaitl are the only guys up front. Maybe this offseason will be different because Chiarelli has had a year to evaluate them but we hear this every year and then they bring everyone back.

Is Hall really not part of the untouchables? He's the best player on that team by a good shot, at least until McJesus takes over.

The Oil probably need a Leafs type mentality, and just blow the whole thing up. For what...? The third time? :laugh:

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Is Hall really not part of the untouchables? He's the best player on that team by a good shot, at least until McJesus takes over.

The Oil probably need a Leafs type mentality, and just blow the whole thing up. For what...? The third time? :laugh:

it may not be just due to on-ice performance.

i wouldn't look to trade him but i wouldn't have him as untouchable either. he might the best trade piece they have. RNH and others are solid but they aren't getting #1 dman for them (not that hall would get but he would still likely return more).

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Remember when he was clearly better than Duchene, even on this board some thought this.:laugh:

RNH was considered a franchise player and the future of the oilers even ahead of Hall.:laugh:

He still could become better though. His development took a massive hit when he got drafted by the Oilers. It wouldn't surprise me if he develops well after he gets traded. His biggest issue imo is health.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Some news about a future Avs player.......

Anyone know how he has been playing since coming back? Numbers look pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad