WJC: 2014 WJC in Sweden. When? and How? | General talk (tickets, hotels, etc)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hedning

A New Beginning
Apr 26, 2012
interesting to have so many different accents in a small area

Not so small if you compare to the population. More the other way around actually. The Swedes have previously lived quite separated from each other. And that's why there are so many different dialects/accents.

Nice summary though.

Fun facts:
Sweden have a larger area than Japan 173,860 sq mi vs 145,898 sq mi. But In Sweden it lives 9 million people vs Japans 127 million.
Or in Sweden's case, the same amount of area as in California. But in California there's 37 million people give or take.

---

Please leave ALL politics in another forum.

Systemfel

<b><i>Hockey Talk by Country</b></i>
Jun 20, 2004
Gothenburg
Yes. We do need to put an end to the politics in this thread.

I think North Americans and other visitors have a gotten a good look at things about the city itself.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
What were the prices of tickets like for UFA? Can we expect them to be a similar range in Malmo?

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
question, if i were to be booking everything my self and not going through those tour websites where would i purchases my ticket packages. is there a homepage for the tournament or something?

thanks in advance

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
question, if i were to be booking everything my self and not going through those tour websites were would i purchases my ticket packages. is there a homepage for the tournament or something?

thanks in advance

There's a website for this tournament but I doubt they'll do next editions one until the Spring at the earliest.

Torts

Aug 21, 2009
Ontario
There's a website for this tournament but I doubt they'll do next editions one until the Spring at the earliest.

by saying "this" tournament you mean the 2014 one or the 2013?

and next edition are you I should wait until they update from the russian wjc website to the malmo one?

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
by saying "this" tournament you mean the 2014 one or the 2013?

and next edition are you I should wait until they update from the russian wjc website to the malmo one?

Correct.

I'm hoping to get tickets to it so will keep an eye out.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
with no hockey culture, I'm afraid next years WJC will be a snoozefest with empty seats all around.

Hockey have been played in Malmö since 1950 i think. And have always have good attendence. The last years MIF have been playing in SEL-2 and is a **** team...and they still got 5 000 attendence every year. And there is also Pantern and Limham, classic clubs.

WC in Karlstad/Göteborg (02) and Stockholm (last year) and WJC (06-07) in Dalarna had bad attendence numbers.

Last edited:

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
I think Im having a holiday in Sweden when the u20's come there.. Nice looking town, its time to explore some more Swedish cities than just Stockholm. I like the food and European-Norden mix in the atmosphere in Sweden. Im just having my Swedish course's in school so why to let them go to waste? Probably even ticket prices are reasonable, as this is just u20, and they have no reason to overprice team Finland games!

Babula

May 31, 2012
how will groups look like?

group A : Sweden, Russia, Switzerland, Finland, Norway (Malmö Arena)

group B : USA, Canada, Czech republic, Slovakia, Germany (Malmö Isstadion)

Is it right ?

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
how will groups look like?

group A : Sweden, Russia, Switzerland, Finland, Norway (Malmö Arena)

group B : USA, Canada, Czech republic, Slovakia, Germany (Malmö Isstadion)

Is it right ?

They showed them on TSN during the hold medal game...but I mainly forgot them. I know that USA/Sweden were in different ones and Canada/Russia were in different ones though.

Spinkis

Dec 26, 2011
Why are everyone trashing Malmö? Everyone have a love to hate relationship with Skåne but you don't tell that to the world. It's like bullying your little brother, only you may do it.

I think every visitor of the 2013/14 WJC will have a blast.

Jocke

Feb 9, 2010
What's everyone on about? It's Sweden. Scandinavia has probably like the safest countries in the world?

Sartorial

#RegisteredUser
Dec 14, 2011
Saskatoon
Me and a buddy plan on going. Likely just do inexpensive hostels and eat from grocery stores. That's what I did last time I was in Scandinavia :)

SurMartin

Jul 26, 2010
København/Skellefteå
http://www.skanskan.se/article/20130106/MALMO/130109855/1004/-/silvret-lyft-for-malmo)
Google translate said:
The organizers aim to fill the Malmö Arena, which takes 13,000 spectators, to all Swedish matches. Total hoping for 100,000 spectators.
- Partly through our ticketprizes where you can watch 2 games for 100 kronor (~15 dollars) and partly through working activly towards all the sports clubs in the Malmö-area, he says.
Ticket sales will start on February 7.
- Ideally, we wanted to start today, but we want the fixture in place and that's work in progress. It must be approved first by both the International Federation and the participating teams.

Askel

By the way Benning should be fired.
Apr 19, 2004
Malmö/Vancouver
Malmö is a nice place, Möllan is great square with lots of Bars (with cheap beer). The Downtown area (especially Lilla Torg) is alsp filled with small bars. Lots of places that have alternative music and lots of resturants from all over the world. If you end up in Rosengård you are in the wrong part of town not close to the arena, not close to down town.

Weird how people from Gothenburg paint Malmö as dull, people from Malmö do the same about Gothenburg.

And to all people who are descibing Cristiania (in Copenhagen) as a dump has never been there, its different, but cool, filled with weird bars. Copenhagen is great town overall.

Hey if anyone needs a guide next year, ill show you around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad