WJC: 2014 WJC in Sweden. When? and How? | General talk (tickets, hotels, etc)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonimaus

Jul 15, 2011
Lund
I googled it, but I thought I could get some insight here as well.

What's the best way to get over the bridge from Copenhagen to Malmo? Just drive and pay the fee for every game? It looks like it's 45 Euros for each trip. Even if you pay for a ten trip pass, it's 32 Euros a trip which will add up very quickly if people are looking to stay in Copenhagen.

I may be way off, and I can accept that. There's a bus too, but their site is offline until tomorrow.

Any expert opinions from Sweden/Denmark (or anyone else I guess)?

There are trains which you can get for 10€ if I remember correctly. 1 way.

Klown

Jul 1, 2003
Visit site
Also, there's busses for 80 SEK/DK one way, or 120 SEK/DK for one day travel, or 500 SEK/DK for 10 tickets:

http://www.graahundbus.dk/9-plan.htm (dunno if you can get the page in english).

Too bad they got rid of the ferries, by the way. They where cheap and you could get nice beer in the ferry restaurant.

toewsintangibles

Leadership analyst
Dec 23, 2012
I'd love to visit the WJC's, but I don't want to get beat up in the only ghetto in the whole of Scandinavia plus Finland

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
I haven't been to Malmo myself, but the way it's being talked about here really reminds me of how Canadians treat Winnipeg, talking as if the whole city was a slum when in reality there's like one or two areas you should avoid at night, and you'll come out alive anyway if you don't. I'd sooner assume it's not a "dump" but rather the "dimmer star".

MISC*

I haven't been to Malmo myself, but the way it's being talked about here really reminds me of how Canadians treat Winnipeg, talking as if the whole city was a slum when in reality there's like one or two areas you should avoid at night, and you'll come out alive anyway if you don't. I'd sooner assume it's not a "dump" but rather the "dimmer star".

Lol, Winnipeg is an absolute dump. Who are you kidding?

From Inkster to Stafford is a dump. Like 60% of the city. :laugh:

Pellegrino

Oct 30, 2007
Sweden
I bet most of the "Malmö-haters" here have never actually been there. Malmö is famous in Scandinavia for a city district called Rosengård, which is basically only populated by immigrants. So the Malmö-hate is probably based on prejudices and "hidden racism" more than anything else. The Malmö-haters here can correct me if I'm wrong.

The arena is far superior to all other arenas in Sweden, IMO, and the city is lively. It's also close to Denmark, Germany and other mid-European countries, if you like to go there as well.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden

Pretty much. The areas you are supposed to "avoid" in Malmö arent even that bad, to be honest I'm more afraid when I visit Stockholm than when I visit Malmö. It's just an old racist cliche commonly used in Sweden (mostly by people who actually never been to Malmö) about Malmö since there's living a lot of people from the old Yugoslavia area in the Rosengård part of Malmö.

Edit: beaten to it.

Jonimaus

Jul 15, 2011
Lund
If people are expecting the cities we see at cops in TV, the "slums" in scandinavia are like, 10000000x better. It may not be the first place to decide to live in, but it's not even remotely close to what people make it out to be.

I am 99% sure most people who write in this thread has not been there, ever, and should honestly shut the hell up.

The inner city might not be the best city in the world, but it's defintely not bad, and if anyone feels scared walking in Malmö, no matter what time it is, they probably need some help from a professional.

I don't even live there, so don't take me as biased, but I live pretty close (20mins by train) so I've been there many many times.

MISC*

What city could a tourist run in to these gangs?

best-swedish-girls-euro08_02.jpg

nudie

Feb 26, 2010
as a swede those girls were average looking at best. so you should have no problems running into some..

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
Given the crime rates of the US, maybe it's the people of malmö that should be scared of the north americans...not the other way around....

GuillaumeLetsundress*

Given the crime rates of the US, maybe it's the people of malmö that should be scared of the north americans...not the other way around....

probably a good chance there isnt many criminals flying over to sweden to watch the world juniors... just my thinking lol

romelson

Dec 19, 2007
Ornskoldsvik
probably a good chance there isnt many criminals flying over to sweden to watch the world juniors... just my thinking lol

So, if it is not criminals, that means they gotta originate from the other of the two american demographic groups...the NRA supporters... That is only a technical difference to the people of Malmö...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad