Speculation: 2014 Offseason - Roster Building / Trade Speculation Thread IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey Bones

***** 2k16
Jul 27, 2012
Nowhere
What is the hate on Dorsett about? He is very speedy and is good for our 4th line. No reason to really move him unless for a know upgrade. Otherwise keep him. He's been clicking with the system.

I like the Winnik talk if Boyle goes. Resign D. Moore and have Winnik and Dorsett as his wings. Perfect 4th line. ;)

TeamStewie

Jan 17, 2013
Im not impressed with Dorsett. You are. Great.

Hes fast and dumb, can't fight. Doesn't intimidate...

Im not as hung up on Carter as much as I want something better than Dorsett

Especially at the salary he gets. That's my main problem with him.

NYRBK

Jun 23, 2014
One more thing about Stralman.. The Rangers if they sign him will have over 20M tied up in a defense that quite frankly outside of Ryan Mcdonagh is inept at putting up points. Klein/Stralman/Diaz/Girardi/Staal/Moore together had 63 points. I can see why the Rangers have interest in Boyle

I agree 100% the lack of offense from the blueline is their second biggest problem behind a 1st line center.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
LOL @ the Dorsett hate. So dumb.

People are obsessed over Winnik like I've never seen someone get obsessed over a 4th liner before.

If we're gonna sign Winnik, may as well re-sign Boyler.

BarbaraAlphanse

Brooks, Dreger, Custance, Strang - that's what you get when you google it. All saying that he isn't coming to play for AV. All I've done is provide proof from credible sources. All you've done is none of that.

And BTW, Santa Claus doesn't exist either.

:laugh:

What are you even talking about?

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/...aive-ntc-for-rangers-nixes-vigneault-reunion/

Here is NBC Sports... citing a report from Brooks.

http://nesn.com/2014/03/report-canucks-ryan-kesler-wont-waive-no-trade-clause-for-rangers/

Here is NESN... copying and pasting a tweet from Brooks (who also wrote "The Rangers are not a legitimate contender this year"...lol)

https://twitter.com/KatieStrangESPN/status/441015462563155968

Here is Strang confirming that she can confirm that Kesler won't waive his NTC for the Rangers, "as first reported by Larry Brooks".

Also, here is Larry Brooks reporting that there is "no traction" between the Rangers and Lighting on a Cally for MSL swap... conveniently after Esiason put out his report that the deal would eventually happen unless someone got cold feet:

http://nypost.com/2014/02/23/no-traction-on-st-louis-rangers-plan-to-deal-callahan-sources/

You know, I could have provided as much proof as I wanted that MSL was never going to be a Ranger... and really, it would have meant nothing.

But you know, I'm sure that everyone reporting that he wanted out before the deadline was being truthful too:

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/...anucks+denies+trade+report/9560039/story.html

Or that his agent denied the same thing on a Vancouver radio show.

Or that the fact that Kesler says that he didn't request a trade or have the Canucks come to a trade would imply that he never talked to them about coming or going to any team, let alone the Rangers.

Elevate

May 30, 2014
What happens if pouliott goes for a multi yr elsewhere ? He shouldn't but could get greedy

Who's on the list if ufas then ? Winnik maybe

Not many UFAs that looks hot for the job. Michalek would probably be a good fit but he won't be cheaper than Pouliot.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
:laugh:

What are you even talking about?

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/...aive-ntc-for-rangers-nixes-vigneault-reunion/

Here is NBC Sports... citing a report from Brooks.

http://nesn.com/2014/03/report-canucks-ryan-kesler-wont-waive-no-trade-clause-for-rangers/

Here is NESN... copying and pasting a tweet from Brooks (who also wrote "The Rangers are not a legitimate contender this year"...lol)

https://twitter.com/KatieStrangESPN/status/441015462563155968

Here is Strang confirming that she can confirm that Kesler won't waive his NTC for the Rangers, "as first reported by Larry Brooks".

Also, here is Larry Brooks reporting that there is "no traction" between the Rangers and Lighting on a Cally for MSL swap... conveniently after Esiason put out his report that the deal would eventually happen unless someone got cold feet:

http://nypost.com/2014/02/23/no-traction-on-st-louis-rangers-plan-to-deal-callahan-sources/

You know, I could have provided as much proof as I wanted that MSL was never going to be a Ranger... and really, it would have meant nothing.

But you know, I'm sure that everyone reporting that he wanted out before the deadline was being truthful too:

http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/...anucks+denies+trade+report/9560039/story.html

Or that his agent denied the same thing on a Vancouver radio show.

Or that the fact that Kesler says that he didn't request a trade or have the Canucks come to a trade would imply that he never talked to them about coming or going to any team, let alone the Rangers.

You need to learn the difference between subjective and objective. There is a difference between us not being on the list he will waive to go to (which we are not), and an idiot commentator thinking that we aren't a contender. One is fact. One is opinion.

Fletch

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn
Visit site
One more thing about Stralman.. The Rangers if they sign him will have over 20M tied up in a defense that quite frankly outside of Ryan Mcdonagh is inept at putting up points. Klein/Stralman/Diaz/Girardi/Staal/Moore together had 63 points. I can see why the Rangers have interest in Boyle

63 points is quite pathetic. Will Boyle really be cheap? Declining defensive skills aside, he's coming off a 36-point campaign and played more than 21 minutes per game; nearly 22 in the playoffs. He made about $6.7MM last season. I am out of touch with today's market, but think a couple years at $5-5.5MM per can be had.

NYRBK

Jun 23, 2014
Yup the Kings put up alot of points this playoff run from their blue line even Mitchell

I know, and I think McDonagh can put up even more points, but ideally if we had the cap space somehow which I know we don't I would try to piece our defense along these lines.

McDonagh - ????
Staal - Girardi
Allen/Moore - Klein/McIlrath

If there was a way to get Byfuglien, Shattenkirk, J. Shultz (Edm), Green, or Carlson to pair with McDonagh. Then have the shut down tandem back together of Staal and Girardi. I'd like to see that, then just pair your 3rd pairing however it shakes out.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
That Gaborik contract is SOOO tradable in years 5 6 and 7

Assuming Gaborik can stay healthy, that's a great contract for them.

term is 2 years to long, but AAV? Sweet.

any team looking to get to the floor after four years would eat that remaining contract up.

NYRBK

Jun 23, 2014
Cant see him being paid less than Pouilot though. Wouldn't mind it at all though

Probably right, I mean Pouliots' best season was 2 years back with Boston for 32 points. He signed a contract the follow year for 1.8 million. This year only because it is NY and we make a bigger deal out of things here is he in the bigger talks. For his 36 points i'd go on a 2-3 year deal at 2.0 Million. If he's asking for more then I'd say forget it. Jussi Jokinen with Brassard and Zuccarello could still break 40 points I doubt he gets the 57 he had with Pittsburgh but clearly more skilled than Pouliot.

BarbaraAlphanse

You need to learn the difference between subjective and objective. There is a difference between us not being on the list he will waive to go to (which we are not), and an idiot commentator thinking that we aren't a contender. One is fact. One is opinion.

This idiot commentator is also the guy that reported that we are not on the acceptable trade list only 6 days after he reported that there were no unresolved issues between both Kesler and Vigneault that would prevent a possible trade.

Then, Strang and Dreger cited the report in reporting the same exact thing.

I'd be happy if we weren't on Kesler's acceptable list for the same reason I'd be happy if we were on Thornton's and Spezza's NTC list.

But there's a lesson to be learned that most journalists are hacks that report the first thing that they hear and then worry about its accuracy later. It's common place journalism. It generates hits, views, revenue with little regard or emphasis on reporting what is true.

Brooks has bare minimum sources. As does Strang. And don't even get me on Dreger's "sources" because that guy muffs what actually happens about 80% of the time.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kesler waived his NTC to come here. I'd be much more surprised to see that we actually ponied up the assets to get him, not that he accepted to join this organization playing for this coach...

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
63 points is quite pathetic. Will Boyle really be cheap? Declining defensive skills aside, he's coming off a 36-point campaign and played more than 21 minutes per game; nearly 22 in the playoffs. He made about $6.7MM last season. I am out of touch with today's market, but think a couple years at $5-5.5MM per can be had.

well if that happens then either Staal or Stralman needs to go...

I'd be cool if we started the season with this:

McD-G
Staal-Boyle
Moore-Klein

Give Allen a few cups of coffee, and if AV sees him suitable for play, drop him in place and then figure out what you can get for Staal... Hopefully a center upgrade.

This way you aren't relying on Allen stepping in without seeing him with another partner first

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I think Boyle and Stralman will command/seek similar dollar amounts. If we can afford (Dan) Boyle, we can afford Stralman.

We can't afford either.

At this point, Sidney Crosby opening the season with the Rangers would be less surprising to me than Stralman opening the season with the Rangers.

Last edited:

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I think Boyle and Stralman will command/seek similar dollar amounts. If we can afford Boyle, we can afford Stralman.

We can't afford either.

At this point, Sidney Crosby opening the season with the Rangers would be less surprising to me than Stralman opening the season with the Rangers.

You think Boyle is going to make as much as Stralman? Fat chance.

xChrisTilDeathx

May 25, 2014
Florida
I think Boyle and Stralman will command/seek similar dollar amounts. If we can afford Boyle, we can afford Stralman.

We can't afford either.

no way any team pays the same amount of money for Boyle as Stralman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad