Speculation: 2014 Offseason - Roster Building / Trade Speculation Thread IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRBK

Jun 23, 2014
I think he'd excel under AV. Would take a lot to trade for him, though.

See I don't think it would with getting Mike Green. He's already been surpassed by Carlson on the right side. He has I believe one year left. They now have Barry Trotz as their coach and he's a defense first kinda guy. Wonder if he'd want his beloved Kevin Klein back?

Maybe something like Klein + Stralman rights + a "B" prospect?

McD - Green
Staal - Girardi
Moore - McIlrath

That'd give Washington a right side of
Carlson
Stralman
Klein

idk if thats fair since the injury issue's with Green. Even in a bad year tho he can put up 35-40 points.

BarbaraAlphanse

Guys can we just see what Boyle does? If he comes back here he's likely going to have to get comfortable playing on the 4th line.

I imagine that what AV can promise him is a larger amount of ice time on that 4th line.

It took several months to assemble that 4th line. Get the main two guys back and you can conceivably see an even more even distribution of time for the regular season by Vignealt.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
K then.

Look forward to the next import that isn't an adequate solution on any line.

I'm not saying Boyle is a dime a dozen kind of player, but I'm also not going to pay him north of $2.5 mil a season to play on the fourth line and kill penalties.

We survived losing Betts. We survived losing Ortmeyer. We survived losing Prust.

We'll survive losing Boyle.

Jersey Girl

Sep 28, 2008
Didn't you hear? Lombardi "trusts" that Mike Richards will get back into top shape...

LMAO... that and the Gaborik contract are going to bite them in the ass in about 2-3 years

Yeah, the joke's on them. Thank goodness Lombardi isn't our GM...

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Boyle isn't signing here. He says he wants a larger role wherever he plays and AV has said his role will remain the same here if he plays with NYR next season.

Don't see it happening.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I'm not saying Boyle is a dime a dozen kind of player, but I'm also not going to pay him north of $2.5 mil a season to play on the fourth line and kill penalties.

We survived losing Betts. We survived losing Ortmeyer. We survived losing Prust.

We'll survive losing Boyle.

He is one of the best penalty killers in the league and a lynch-pin on a 4th line that was beyond excellent in the playoffs.

Its just comical how people will haggle over a few hundred thousand dollars for a long tenured player like that, then turn around and be willing to break the bank for Stastny.

We must have different memories, because I remember the Rangers having zero ability to build a 4th line until this season.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
The problem is that Boyle wants a bigger role - and as valuable as he is in his current role, he isn't worth $3M and a third line spot.

Championship*

Society really has lowered their standards for the meaning of words. So much so, that writing an entirely subjective sentence with little-to-no reference becomes "reality" that apparently I have trouble accepting.

Thank you for contributing to the troubling trend of lowering the bar of our standards.

Facts are facts.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
He is one of the best penalty killers in the league and a lynch-pin on a 4th line that was beyond excellent in the playoffs.

Its just comical how people will haggle over a few hundred thousand dollars for a long tenured player like that, then turn around and be willing to break the bank for Stastny.

We must have different memories, because I remember the Rangers having zero ability to build a 4th line until this season.

I don't want Stastny as much as I don't want Boyle for north of $2.5 million.

I do not disagree that he is neither of those things you mentioned. Boyle is one of the best PKers in the league. Boyle was part of the excellent fourth line we had in the playoffs.

And correct, Rangers' fourth lines up until this year were a complete **** show, but that's not the case anymore. We have the players (assuming we re-sign Moore) to make that line continue to click this time around.

The days of Haley - Newbury - Bickel are long gone.

We can compile a competitive fourth line that totals near $4 million in cap. Boyle will take his game elsewhere for somewhere in the neighborhood of 4 years and north of what Prust got. Considering the other holes they need to fill, the Rangers can't afford to have 80% of their fourth line spend on one guy.

All aboard the Malholtra train!

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I don't want Stastny as much as I don't want Boyle for north of $2.5 million.

I do not disagree that he is neither of those things you mentioned. Boyle is one of the best PKers in the league. Boyle was part of the excellent fourth line we had in the playoffs.

And correct, Rangers' fourth lines up until this year were a complete **** show, but that's not the case anymore. We have the players (assuming we re-sign Moore) to make that line continue to click this time around.

The days of Haley - Newbury - Bickel are long gone.

We can compile a competitive fourth line that totals near $4 million in cap. Boyle will take his game elsewhere for somewhere in the neighborhood of 4 years and north of what Prust got. Considering the other holes they need to fill, the Rangers can't afford to have 80% of their fourth line spend on one guy.

All aboard the Malholtra train!

Name them. They're not in the system.

Manny Malhotra has not been a good player since his eye injury.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
I hate as losing Boyle as much as anyone, but you said yourself we need to have a quality 4th line, and Boyle doesn't want to be a part of said 4th line.

Im sure he'll be just fine if the Rangers pay him market value and hes still on the 4th line. He'll lose out on a couple mins a game the way AV runs 4 lines. Big whoop.

The real issue is that people think it'll be easy to replace him and that is patently false.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
Im sure he'll be just fine if the Rangers pay him market value and hes still on the 4th line. He'll lose out on a couple mins a game the way AV runs 4 lines. Big whoop.

The real issue is that people think it'll be easy to replace him and that is patently false.

Do you sign Boyle or Pouliot?

I do agree that he won't be easy to replace if he does indeed leave. He's an elite 4th liner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad