Speculation: 2014 Offseason - Roster Building / Trade Speculation Thread IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Im sure he'll be just fine if the Rangers pay him market value and hes still on the 4th line. He'll lose out on a couple mins a game the way AV runs 4 lines. Big whoop.

The real issue is that people think it'll be easy to replace him and that is patently false.

Agreed. Although I don't go a cent over 2.5.

I think there are some other options out there to explore and see what they are looking for as far as money goes. Malhotra. Winnik. Gibbons (who I thought was one of the Pens best players in the series this year), plus there will be 4th liners available via trade I am sure.

In hindsight, Nystrom would have been a nice fit fr that 4th line LW with Moore as his center. Another exceptional PKer. I thought he was overpaid at 2.5, but that seems to be about right for those guys.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
Do you sign Boyle or Pouliot?

I do agree that he won't be easy to replace if he does indeed leave. He's an elite 4th liner.

Boyle - and its not even really close for me.

I think Pouliot is an idiot, and more in the realm of easily replaceable. I appreciated what he brought to that 3rd line, but Brassard and Zuccarello made that line go more often than not.

Trxjw

Retired.
May 8, 2007
Land of no calls..
Im sure he'll be just fine if the Rangers pay him market value and hes still on the 4th line. He'll lose out on a couple mins a game the way AV runs 4 lines. Big whoop.

The real issue is that people think it'll be easy to replace him and that is patently false.

The guy has already said he wants a bigger role, and AV said he would stay in the same role he has been. I would also imagine he expects the bigger money that goes with a bigger role. I really don't think this is a fan/management stubbornness issue. Boyle wants a 3rd line spot, and he's not getting that here.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
Name them. They're not in the system.

Manny Malhotra has not been a good player since his eye injury.

Manny had the same amount of goals as Boyle last year in 13 less games.

Manny was deployed in the defensive zone 60% of the time last season, Boyle 'just' 49%. His quality of competition statistic was 27.8%. Boyle's was 27.9%. Manny EVEN on the year, Boyle +1.

Manny was on the ice for 35% of Carolina's short-handedness. Carolina's PK finished 17th in the league.

In the least bit, they are comparable. Boyle may be a different tier of fourth-liner than Manny, but I wouldn't completely write off my guy. We'll be able to sign Manny for less of a term, and much less dollars.

I have to cut this off because I'm leaving work :laugh:

Championship*

Have you lowered the bar for what "fact" means too?

Fact would be if Kesler came out and said it himself.

You're promoting something different.

Yeah, because players do that often.

Get over it already, he doesn't want to play for AV. That's be proven. Now you're just arguing to argue. The only teams on his list are Chicago and Anaheim. Deal.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Name them. They're not in the system.

Manny Malhotra has not been a good player since his eye injury.

Actually, he's been pretty good. Especially last year. 59.7% on draws and was so appreciated in the room that the team gave him an "A" after being on the team less than a year.

He'd be a perfect 4th line replacement if Boyle goes elsewhere.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010

I think Pouliot is an idiot, and more in the realm of easily replaceable. I appreciated what he brought to that 3rd line, but Brassard and Zuccarello made that line go more often than not.

I'd probably choose Boyle as well, but I think Pouliot's contributions to that line get understated. And, yeah, he takes some ridiculous penalties. That said, he's a very effective ES scorer and I think it can be argued that he drives play more so than Brassard. We would miss his size and net front presence, I think.

Bleed Ranger Blue

Jul 18, 2006
The guy has already said he wants a bigger role, and AV said he would stay in the same role he has been. I would also imagine he expects the bigger money that goes with a bigger role. I really don't think this is a fan/management stubbornness issue. Boyle wants a 3rd line spot, and he's not getting that here.

Well hopefully he'll wise up and realize that a 4th line spot on AV's team is a lot like a 3rd line spot elsewhere minutes wise.

If he gets an annual offer of over $2.5M from another team, then yea, who could blame him for leaving or the Rangers for letting him go?

Alls Im saying is that it'll be a tougher hole to fill than most expect.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Do you sign Boyle or Pouliot?

I do agree that he won't be easy to replace if he does indeed leave. He's an elite 4th liner.

I'll be in the minority here, but I keep Pouliout because I don't want to **** with the chemistry of that "third" line of ours. Best line the entire season and for what it'll probably cost, I'd go with Poo and a 4th line role player like Malhotra.

JESSEWENEEDTOCOOK

Twenty f*ckin years
Oct 8, 2010
If we don't sign at least three of the UFAs, I think the chances of us improving next year may go down the drain.

SixGoalieSystem

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2011
Trondheim

It really depends on Miller (or some signing) being able to take Poo's spot on that line. Boyle is great at what he does, but I wouldn't want him on the LW with Brass and Zucc.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Larry Brooks ‏@NYP_Brooksie 26s
Informed source reports that Rangers have NOT inquired about impending UFA Stastny. Don't have the cap space to be bidder in auction. #NYR

Paulie Walnutz

Make HF Great Again
Oct 1, 2008
So besides this latest tidbit from Brooks no other NYR stuff has circulated today? I don't feel like reading through page after page of delirious fantasy land

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad