Injury Report: 2014-2015 Injury Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Per usual: :laugh:

Terry Frei ‏@TFrei 6m6 minutes ago
Avs will not call up anyone to replace Rendulic

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Not surprising... nobody down there is really worth it. I mentioned Heard in a different thread and I would like to see it, but he hasn't earned it. IMO people here would be upset if he called up Carey, who would be the most likely call up.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Not surprising... nobody down there is really worth it. I mentioned Heard in a different thread and I would like to see it, but he hasn't earned it. IMO people here would be upset if he called up Carey, who would be the most likely call up.

I just think it's funny that Roy never really cares about having an extra healthy forward in case something happens on game day, even though it's burned him a few times.

If I'm not mistaken Cliche was the only healthy scratch as a forward last game. With the way Roy treats Redmond, he might just go with 17 skaters rather than play him.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Damn, that's a tough injury. You just knew something would happen when we all got a 3rd line we actually liked. When I hear broken leg, I think his season is done, but I guess there must be different types if his is only a few weeks.

McLeod had one good game, not sure if that really warrants him getting more ice time. I would love for him to keep it up, but I have my doubts.

Hishon has been the hottest player in Lake Erie lately, but if Roy really wants size and speed, it's obvious the call up wouldn't be Hishon, if they ever made one.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Ugh, McLeod on the 3rd line :help: If anyone should be there it's Briere simply because he sucks the least out of himself, Talbot, Mcleod, and Cliche, and is a right-handed shot which means he can play RW. You just know Roy is going to move Everberg to RW to make room for McLeod on LW, which I don't agree with. Makes things a lot more difficult for Everberg break-out wise

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Damn, that's a tough injury. You just knew something would happen when we all got a 3rd line we actually liked. When I hear broken leg, I think his season is done, but I guess there must be different types if his is only a few weeks.

McLeod had one good game, not sure if that really warrants him getting more ice time. I would love for him to keep it up, but I have my doubts.

Hishon has been the hottest player in Lake Erie lately, but if Roy really wants size and speed, it's obvious the call up wouldn't be Hishon, if they ever made one.

Cody plays his best hockey down the stretch every year. I wouldn't be surprised to see him have a good run on the 3rd line. Not that it's ideal for him to be playing there, but I'll take him on the 3rd line over Talbot any day.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014

For some reason breaks don't take that long to heal. A dozen years ago I sprained my ankle, worst degree sprain you could get, and was in a boot for over a month. The doctor told me I would have been better off breaking it. I assume he meant a hairline fracture as opposed to a full on break, but that was still really surprising to hear.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Roy says at least 8 weeks for Rendulic so he might be done for the season.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
The fact we were all so happy....you just knew something bad was going happen.

Not allowed to have nice things, and the Avs aren't allowed to have a good two way 3rd line. Haven't had one in 10 years with the KGB line, and the genius that was Granato wouldn't allow them to have that in the playoffs for some reason either.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
Roy Yesterday:
"We're going to have an extra forward and I think it's going to creat some competition," Roy said. "(Thursday night), it's going to be him, the next game it could be (Daniel) Briere, it could be (Max) Talbot, we'll make a decision. Let's see how our guys play (Thursday) and then we'll make decisions. I think it's healthy for our team in that it creates competition."

Roy Today:
Coach Roy's says Rendulic has broken leg and will miss a few weeks. Won't call anyone up. McLeod will go to 3rd line, Cliche back in. Coach Roy says McLeod bringing lots of leadership and energy to team...deserves more ice time.

Me Today:

maxim84

Oct 19, 2013
Zagreb
All depends on the bone and type of fracture.

Croatian media reporting on broken tibia, but also say he could be back for on ice practice in a month... Am I the only one thinking "wow that is fast!" or is medical science coming that much forward and it's normal time for recovery

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
Croatian media reporting on broken tibia, but also say he could be back for on ice practice in a month... Am I the only one thinking "wow that is fast!" or is medical science coming that much forward and it's normal time for recovery

Seems fast, it is the bone that Steven Stamkos broke, I forget how long it took before Stamkos was on the ice I want to say 6-8 weeks. NHL players will get the upmost medical care when it comes to injury, Rendulic is also still young so he will heal quicker than an older player would too.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Any updates on the injury of E.Johnson? Will he miss more than just one game?

EJ not at practice.

Not surprising though.
I wouldn't expect him in practice before the 29th, the day before the next game he's allowed to play in.

We have to wait and see (or wait for Roy to mention something about it)

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Damn. I don't think Varly can even keep us afloat through this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad