Injury Report: 2014-2015 Injury Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Damn, I didn't think it was too serious of an injury as he played last game and looked okay.

But yeah, really sucks.

Hope he returns at 100% though.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Ugh. He already is struggling under his heavy workload.

Now he will have to act as our de facto #1.
He will also be the only D that excels at moving the puck (besides Redmond to a lesser extend).

Yeah. That will go well :sarcasm:.

Atleast Hejda is better than Guenin.

Or we will get to see a Hejda - Stuart top pairing :D.

Some players thrive under pressure. Maybe he will elevate his game? Doubtful, but we will see. Too early to call the season with this news, but my oh my it is going to be tough.

The 3-8 weeks part probably rides on where the Avs are in the playoff race. If they can stay in it, he might be rushed back a bit. If they fall out, they might just put him away for the season.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Nope. Game over, folks. Too bad, he was really having a nice season.

This 3-8 week thing sounds like they think he has injury A or injury B, but they won't know until they go in to fix injury A.

Anyway, I don't think the Avs can overcome this. They overcame (to a point) the Varlamov injury(ies) because Pickard came up and surprised everyone. What now? Is Redmond or Stuart going to adequately replace EJ for some stretch?

3 weeks gets EJ back with a half dozen or so games left before the deadline. 8 weeks gets him back with 10 or so games to go in the season. Not sure that latter one is worth it, given where the Avs will likely be in the standings after two months without him. Neither is likely going to work.

Without EJ, the Avs have a rather remarkably poor defensive corps. We may be in for some pretty brutal hockey here.

EDIT: Oh wait, it says he already had a knee scope. I have no idea why there is a 5 week gap there.

That's one of the most optimistic things I've ever read by you. :laugh:

NothingLikeAnEJ

Jimmies: Rustled
Jan 24, 2011
yotes are easy.

we always win dallas.

nashville is without rinne and weber struggles against speed.

minny beat us couple of time in the past: regression to mean.

red wings are done.

we have hawks #.

barrie always trolls tampa.

10+ wins is very much possible.

Red Wings are one of the best teams in hockey :laugh:

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Sell, tank, sell some more.

Give Varly a lot of rest so he doesn't break again.

Edit: Stollery is gonna get called up guaranteed.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Barrie is going to have to get his game in order ASAP.

Wonder if the ROR move gets moved ahead of schedule now?

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
They aren't going to trade anyone right now. Give it a few more weeks, and the Avs will certainly know what place they'll be in.

Briere has been a non-factor for the last 15-20 games, though. If he was traded, would anyone notice?

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Would that really help us "tank"?

You want them to tank? Have Varly take some time off to rest the groin and roll with Berra.

Hmm. Rolling with Berra (with the official explanation being Varlys groin and trying to rebuild his confidence), holding out on EJ returning as well as selling off our rentals...

I wonder if we could catch Buffalo or Edmonton...
Probably not but everyone else certainly would be fair game to say the least.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Wait so is Barrie our number 1? I predict he gets so exposed and embarrassed that he quits hockey.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Hmm. Rolling with Berra (with the official explanation being Varlys groin and trying to rebuild his confidence), holding out on EJ returning as well as selling off our rentals...

I wonder if we could catch Buffalo or Edmonton...
Probably not but everyone else certainly would be fair game to say the least.
No way the Avs are catching Airzona. Columbus just lost their best player for almost 2 months. Carolina is already too far behind to be caught. New Jersey looks pretty terrible. I don't think the Avs are finishing lower than 6th or 7th.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
If they call anyone up, it ain't gonna be Elliott. He'd have to pass through waivers again once EJ got healthy.

Of course IMO they could call him up and then waive any one of Holden or Guenin, but that's just me.

Not true.
I think he could play 9 games before he would have to pass waivers again or stay on our roster for 29 days before we would have to send him back down.

Pretty good timeframe if you ask me.

@TMV:
I think you are underestimating how bad this team would look without Varly (with Berra), EJ and Hejda.
I doubt we would win 10 more games.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
If they call anyone up, it ain't gonna be Elliott. He'd have to pass through waivers again once EJ got healthy.

Of course IMO they could call him up and then waive any one of Holden or Guenin, but that's just me.
He'd only have to pass through waivers if he plays 10 games or is on the roster for 30 days. Even then, the Avs could technically keep him up the rest of the year if they wanted too. Roster space isn't exactly a problem.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007
Actually nevermind Barrie, I wonder if Stuart takes on those minutes.

Defense by committee, too bad it is such a crappy committee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad