Injury Report: 2014-2015 Injury Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I think I'm going insane. This season was starting to turn around, and then this has to happen.

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
D-Pairings will be something like:

Hejda-Barrie
Holden-Stuart
Guenin-Redmond

or
Stuart-Redmond
Holden-Guenin :help:

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
He'd only have to pass through waivers if he plays 10 games or is on the roster for 30 days. Even then, the Avs could technically keep him up the rest of the year if they wanted too. Roster space isn't exactly a problem.

Is that how the rules work? I thought once he was no longer waiver exempt, that was that, he'd have to pass through any time he got demoted. at least this season.

SB

Mar 9, 2004
Colorado
....EDIT: Oh wait, it says he already had a knee scope. I have no idea why there is a 5 week gap there.

Well, I thought that at first too but it could be awkward phrasing to mean "he will be missing 3-8 wk after he has the scope [which will occur tomorrow]" Unless there was something else said I missed?

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Is that how the rules work? I thought once he was no longer waiver exempt, that was that, he'd have to pass through any time he got demoted. at least this season.

Once you have cleared you are waiver exempt for a 9 game callup (would have to pass after game 10) or 29 days on a NHL roster (would have to pass after 30 days).

After thinking about it, we have to call Elliott up.
Our puck moving is disastrous as it is.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Not true.
I think he could play 9 games before he would have to pass waivers again or stay on our roster for 29 days before we would have to send him back down.

Pretty good timeframe if you ask me.

@TMV:
I think you are underestimating how bad this team would look without Varly (with Berra), EJ and Hejda.
I doubt we would win 10 more games.

We are not not playing Varly or Hejda right now. And those teams TMV mentioned have tanking sewn up. There is no way top 5, don't even think it is possible. Watch now the offense shows up because they know they have to get it in gear.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Elliott won't be called up until at least tomorrow... maybe that is why they didn't announce a defensemen being called up today...

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Yeah, it's 10 games or 30 days. That's why Vincour didn't have to go through waivers again when he was sent down. He only played 7 games and was on the roster for 3 weeks.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
we could break avs/quebec shots against record. avs are on pace for just under 2800 and the record is 2863 shots against for 90-91 nordiques (46 points for the season).

#avspositives.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
We are not not playing Varly or Hejda right now. And those teams TMV mentioned have tanking sewn up. There is no way top 5, don't even think it is possible. Watch now the offense shows up because they know they have to get it in gear.

Was just a hypothetical scenario. Also Varlys groin issues scare me.
With EJ being out, you can count on Roy playing him each and every game.

Hejda should be gone the second we decide to pack it in (and for me that might very well be now or at least in 2-3 games when we have a better estimate for EJs injury and have gotten to watch our current blueline) and at the deadline at the latest. If EJ is out for 8 weeks, we (hopefully) see an EJ and Hejda less defense.

Keeping him and letting him walk for nothing just to save face and give this EJ-less blueline a spark should not be an option at all.

I also don't see our offense showing up unless Barrie snaps out of his funk and goes into full blown #1 mode. (or one of our callups or Redmond turn into a huge surprise)
I simply don't believe you can win with this current defensive group. Put Crosby, Stamkos, Malkin, Toews in front of that.
They still would rarely see the puck if the opposition plays it right.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Well, I thought that at first too but it could be awkward phrasing to mean "he will be missing 3-8 wk after he has the scope [which will occur tomorrow]" Unless there was something else said I missed?

Avs game story said scope happened today. I agree with Hench loose timeline might be depending on how things are 3-4 weeks from now.

When Stuart went down they only went with 6 D on the roster for a while. I'm guessing

Hejda-Stuart
Guenin-Barrie
Holden-Redmond

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Avs game story said scope happened today. I agree with Hench loose timeline might be depending on how things are 3-4 weeks from now.

When Stuart went down they only went with 6 D on the roster for a while. I'm guessing

Hejda-Stuart
Guenin-Barrie
Holden-Redmond

i wanna see hejda and stuart matched up against hawks top line(s).

just for **** and giggles.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007

Hejda-Stuart
Guenin-Barrie
Holden-Redmond

Agree with those pairings.

Who you going to shelter now Roy?

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
There's no way Varly is going to be "rested" unless he hurts himself again. And even then, you know that it's not going to be Berra playing, it's going to be Pickard.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I guess situations like this Myers would come in handy, he could log EJ's minutes when EJ is injured.

Is it too late to trade ROR tonight for Myers, have Myers in Nashville tomorrow on time for the game? Because the chances of beating the Preds in Nashville without EJ is almost zero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad