Injury Report: 2014-2015 Injury Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
Crap, just not our year. Hopefully we get a good pick out of the situation.

Last edited:

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
So, does EJ have to sit a game after he is able to play, or does the NHL let the All-Star "snub" slide since he is hurt?

I could be completely off base, but I believe it was that he couldn't play in the NEXT game, because if he was truly injured he wouldn't be playing that night anyway. So if he was out with injury for the next month afterward then clearly he was indeed hurt. So it's basically a "you can't play because you shoudln't have been able to play anyway".

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
It took EJ a long time to recover from his first knee injury. I hope this one doesn't affect his skating too badly. Remember Davey Jones' acceleration pre and post surgery?

Anyways, this is a monumental blow to our season. Just don't make any panic trades.

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
I think it is no exaggeration to say the season is over. I think EJ and Varly are the only two players the team absolutely needs. They should call up Siemens and let him play the two months.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I think it is no exaggeration to say the season is over. I think EJ and Varly are the only two players the team absolutely needs. They should call up Siemens and let him play the two months.

It's not fair to the rest of the team to just call up a bunch of prospects have them start playing. The team has worked too hard to only be 3 pts out of a playoff spot at this point. They aren't going to throw in the towel now.

Now if in 3 weeks we are 10-15 pts out of a playoff spot, then I could see some expiring contracts traded and a few prospects getting their shot.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado

No exaggeration at all. This is a death blow. If you thought Varly was getting hung out to dry before, than you won't believe the misery he is in for now. EJ is our entire defense! Think of the opposing team's best player, and think about how much freedom and space they are going to have. It's going to be a slaughter fest out there. We don't have to tank because EJ being out is automatically an involuntary tank situation. This sucks because I wanted to see us try and claw our way in.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
It's not fair to the rest of the team to just call up a bunch of prospects have them start playing. The team has worked too hard to only be 3 pts out of a playoff spot at this point. They aren't going to throw in the towel now.

Now if in 3 weeks we are 10-15 pts out of a playoff spot, then I could see some expiring contracts traded and a few prospects getting their shot.

I agree. It probably is over but the team has to make it a reality first.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
It took EJ a long time to recover from his first knee injury. I hope this one doesn't affect his skating too badly. Remember Davey Jones' acceleration pre and post surgery?

Anyways, this is a monumental blow to our season. Just don't make any panic trades.

Goodness don't remind me. Don't think I ever saw a player fall off more than Jones, skating wise. Was one of the fastest players on the team, then turned into Georges Laraque level acceleration

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

Can't really compare ACL tears to what EJ is dealing with right now. I'm not too worried about his skating being affected by this. He'll probably be perfectly fine when he returns.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I'm actually somewhat weirdly optimistic that this gets the forwards to finally open up and get hot, so that depending on how long it takes EJ to come back, this could actually turn out to have been a key spark towards this team finally going on a roll.

Plus I'm hoping this allows Barrie to play with Hejda or Stuart and regain some of the mojo he had at the start of the season while letting Redmond establish himself over Holden and Guenin.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
I'm actually somewhat weirdly optimistic that this gets the forwards to finally open up and get hot, so that depending on how long it takes EJ to come back, this could actually turn out to have been a key spark towards this team finally going on a roll.

I'm definitely hoping the forwards turn it up a gear or 2 with EJ being out.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
I think we'll see how the Avs fair in the next 2-3 weeks. If we start to falter at any point, I expect us to be moving our vets and giving some call ups.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
If nothing else, at least Sakic and Roy will see how horrible their blue line depth is without EJ. Actually it's bad with EJ too, but without him it's just terrible. There is no one who can move to EJ's spot and play some of those 25 or 27 minutes and be effective.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I think they already know how bad the defense is. They've been rumoured to be looking for a defenseman going back to preseason. We can even go back to last year's deadline when Dreger said Sakic was shopping around for a top four defenseman.

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston

That's true. And I don't think they should start calling up too many people. Siemens should see some NHL games soon though. As should Elliott after the season he is having. He certainly earned some NHL ice time.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The one guy that does deserve NHL games though is Elliott. He's done everything asked of him in the AHL this season, and being named an All-Star is a great accomplishment.

I wonder what people would think if Elliott came up and started to look better than Barrie lol.

Skip2myBordyloo

Stay the course
Apr 7, 2010
The one guy that does deserve NHL games though is Elliott. He's done everything asked of him in the AHL this season, and being named an All-Star is a great accomplishment.

I wonder what people would think if Elliott came up and started to look better than Barrie lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was better than a number of our defenceman.

I would be shocked if he looked as good as Barrie did for the most part last year.

MvpKinnon

Jul 23, 2011
Helsinki, Finland
The season is officially over. I hope EJ stays out for the rest of the season, so he's 100% next season. If anyone else needs a surgery, now would be the perfect time to get it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad