Prospect Info: 2014-15 (pt. 2): Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Juniors, Int'l, etc.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
when i think of cousins i don't think shutdown role. I think more raffl. However I do think if cousins is able to contribute to the team its going to be a 3rd line winger role. Hopefully he develops his two way game a bit.

I don't either...but I think that line would would be annoying to play against and could still provide offernse.

Plus..I REALLY want Couturier in a scoring role.

We all thought Laughton joining us would allow the leash to be let off Couturier. That has not happened EVEN THOUGH Laughton is not producing in a scoring role.

So take that offensive burden off Laughton...get him to focus on D like Couturier had to do and lets see what Couturier can do in an offensive role.

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
I'd be okay with a Leir - Cousins - VDV 4th line next year.

Magically replace Leir and straka with Vinny and Umberger.

Wishful thinking

HighOFFHockey

Co-Founder of The Flyers Nitty Gritty
Aug 24, 2008
Philadelphia
flyersnittygritty.com
I'd be okay with a Leir - Cousins - VDV 4th line next year.

Magically replace Leir and straka with Vinny and Umberger.

Wishful thinking

I'm very confused as to why people think Cousins would be a 4th liner in the NHL. There is zero evidence of that at the moment. If anything he's proving to be a top 6 role type of player. I think at least a 3rd line agitating/scorer or he never hits the NHL at all. 4th Line players are mean to be big, strong, defensively responsible, and if they are centers they need to be strong face-off players.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I'm very confused as to why people think Cousins would be a 4th liner in the NHL. There is zero evidence of that at the moment. If anything he's proving to be a top 6 role type of player. I think at least a 3rd line agitating/scorer or he never hits the NHL at all. 4th Line players are mean to be big, strong, defensively responsible, and if they are centers they need to be strong face-off players.

If he was in Detroit, he would be the next good prospect coming along for them.

People forget that he had 3 straight PPG seasons in the OHL...with the last one just being 1.5 years ago.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Cousins was projected to be a bottom 6 player when drafted & that still holds right now. He doesn't have the skill level to play in the top 6 at the NHL.

Our current fourth line center isn't big or mean so I don't know where you're going with that one & the other parts Cousins has been improving since joining the minors with Terry Murray.

Cousins biggest asset is that he's smart hockey player so I have faith he'll adapt to a bottom 6 role regardless of what line it is.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
I know he's got some work to do but one day I would love to see a line of Cousins-Laughton-Simmonds. That would be a line that never stops, hitting, forechecking, agitating and potentially scoring. I actually brought this up in 2012 after the Laughton pick. Obviously Cousins would have to continue to develop and convert to wing first.

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA

Today's NHL 4th lines arent goons anymore. Teams role 4 lines. Yes some are made to be more defensive minded but look at our 4th line. That line is NOT a defensively responsible 1st line mentality. Vinny has no D skill. Our D line is our 3rd line.

We have a full top 9, for him to break in 4th line is necessary. Our 4th line plays 14-15 mins a night. Hell improve there as much or more than 18 mins in the AHL. Id understand if the 4th line played 8-10 but they arent. They play more than G and Jake almost.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Today's NHL 4th lines arent goons anymore. Teams role 4 lines. Yes some are made to be more defensive minded but look at our 4th line. That line is NOT a defensively responsible 1st line mentality. Vinny has no D skill. Our D line is our 3rd line.

We have a full top 9, for him to break in 4th line is necessary. Our 4th line plays 14-15 mins a night. Hell improve there as much or more than 18 mins in the AHL. Id understand if the 4th line played 8-10 but they arent. They play more than G and Jake almost.

Well that's only because the coach is a dolt.

HighOFFHockey

Aug 24, 2008
Philadelphia
flyersnittygritty.com

Yeah I would not base the future of this team off the lines Berube has at the moment. He won't be here next season and his line combinations are hurting this team. Only Berube would use Vinny as a 4th line right winger. Then put White as a left winger on the second line after going 9/10 on face-offs. His lines are embarrassing frankly and I imagine most of the players aren't very happy with them.

Show me a 4th line on a winning team that has undersized offensive minded forwards.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
@SuperSquints: Manning had 105PM prior to this game.. the No. 12 penalized player in the AHL.. and the top rule-breaker on the Phanomts. Stortini at No. 20

HighOFFHockey

Aug 24, 2008
Philadelphia
flyersnittygritty.com

Like I said before...Show me a GOOD 4th line in the league. Our lines are a mess and its very easy to see. Vinny is not a 4th line player and I believe Berube is putting him in a position to fail. I good 4th line is responsible defensively (cousins is not known to be a defensive forward), they need size (he's 5'11 - 180lbs), and lack offensive scoring touch to be anything more that a 10 goal scorer. Vandy and Bellemare are both considerably bigger and cousins meets NONE of those qualification.

My stance stays. I would be shocked if he ever sees time on the 4th line. I am very hard pressed to think of a championship caliber team without a big strong, tough, responsible defensively 4th line.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Like I said before...Show me a GOOD 4th line in the league. Our lines are a mess and its very easy to see. Vinny is not a 4th line player and I believe Berube is putting him in a position to fail. I good 4th line is responsible defensively (cousins is not known to be a defensive forward), they need size (he's 5'11 - 180lbs), and lack offensive scoring touch to be anything more that a 10 goal scorer. Vandy and Bellemare are both considerably bigger and cousins meets NONE of those qualification.

My stance stays. I would be shocked if he ever sees time on the 4th line. I am very hard pressed to think of a championship caliber team without a big strong, tough, responsible defensively 4th line.

Except that he is.

In fact, he's the weak link on that line seeing as he's pretty consistently outplayed by both Bellemare and Vandevelde.

Lecavalier had his little goal explosion after coming back from his scratch streak, which, sadly, was apparently enough to trick some people into thinking he's anything other than a detriment.

HighOFFHockey

Aug 24, 2008
Philadelphia
flyersnittygritty.com
Except that he is.

In fact, he's the weak link on that line seeing as he's pretty consistently outplayed by both Bellemare and Vandevelde.

Lecavalier had his little goal explosion after coming back from his scratch streak, which, sadly, was apparently enough to trick some people into thinking he's anything other than a detriment.

That's irrelevant to me. I'm talking about putting him in a 4th line role. He has and will never be a proper 4th line player. Putting him on there will only make him look worse (same thing with Akenson). I also think that a former Superstar at 34 has plenty of value and Berube's coaching his holding Vinny, and a bunch of other players back.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Vinny has looked better on the 4th line getting easy minutes than he looked on any other line this season. Bellemare has the speed and defensive ability to carry him.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
That's irrelevant to me. I'm talking about putting him in a 4th line role. He has and will never be a proper 4th line player. Putting him on there will only make him look worse (same thing with Akenson). I also think that a former Superstar at 34 has plenty of value and Berube's coaching his holding Vinny, and a bunch of other players back.

He's closer to a 4th line player than he is a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd line player.

Can't blame Berube at all for Lecavaliers play, if anything Berube has given him too much time and too many opportunities that are constantly wasted on him instead of going to those who actually deserve it.

flyers0909

Nothing Matters
Jul 10, 2007
Posted this in the tickets thread but MSE directed me here:

Trying to get 4 tickets for the Phantoms game on March 28th against the Penguins but its already pretty much sold out. Anything on StubHub is upwards of $50 and I really don't want to spend that much on an AHL game. Any chance more tickets will become available a little closer to the date of the game?

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia

Trying to get 4 tickets for the Phantoms game on March 28th against the Penguins but its already pretty much sold out. Anything on StubHub is upwards of $50 and I really don't want to spend that much on an AHL game. Any chance more tickets will become available a little closer to the date of the game?

Someone else may know differently, but I doubt it. Can't hurt to keep checking

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Nicolas Aube-Kubel with another 2 point game tonight. Both assists came on the PP.

For the season he has now 25G and 30A in 44 games played.

26th overall in QMJHL scoring now.

22nd in QMJHL PPG.

12th in points amongst 2014 draft eligible players and younger.

11th in PPG amongst 2014 draft eligible players and younger.

5th in points amongst drafted prospects.

6th in PPG amongst drafted prospects.

4th in points amongst 2014 draft picks.

4th in PPG amongst 2014 draft picks.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
26th overall in QMJHL scoring now.

22nd in QMJHL PPG.

12th in points amongst 2014 draft eligible players and younger.

11th in PPG amongst 2014 draft eligible players and younger.

5th in points amongst drafted prospects.

6th in PPG amongst drafted prospects.

4th in points amongst 2014 draft picks.

4th in PPG amongst 2014 draft picks.

He was the 3rd q forward drafted correct? If anything he is slightly underachieving.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park

You should be able to get standing room only tickets. Not sure when those are available. Lots of people come with an extra ticket too, for someone who couldn't make it. If you stood around where people congregate before the game, whether at Chickies and Petes, or the Air Products gate, you might be able to find someone with a ticket to sell/give you. Dunno about 4 though.

But yeah, call the box office Mon-Fri or go down there yourself if you're close at all. I always recommend going to the box office to get tickets if you can, I think it's the only way to actually pick out what seat you want. I believe the website assigns you seats randomly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad