Prospect Info: 2014-15 (pt. 2): Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Juniors, Int'l, etc.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
@BobRotruck: Projected F's:
23 Leier 39 White 38 Akeson
45 Stortini 25 Cousins 10 Gordon
37 Rosehill 11 Fyten 16 Hextall
24 Straka 17 Goumas 19 Alderson

@BobRotruck: Projected D:
4 Hagg 28 Manning
27 Comrie 5 Delisle
7 Lauridsen 3 Flemming
Goalie: 33 Martin Ouellette

@BobRotruck: LV Scratches:
Injury: 2 Mark Alt 14 Shayne Gostisbehere, 22 Blair Jones, 36 Darroll Powe
Healthy: 8 Jesper Pettersson, 29 Derek Mathers

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Anyone who watches the phantoms regularly: How has Cousins been? I wouldn't mind bringing him up to play on the 4th line over Rinaldo.

Tankadelphia

All Hail Ghost Bear
Mar 7, 2014
Tankadelphia
Anyone who watches the phantoms regularly: How has Cousins been? I wouldn't mind bringing him up to play on the 4th line over Rinaldo.

Ryan White would probably get the nod first, but we also have Laughton coming back next week so Rinaldo would be the 13th forward anyways.

To answer your question, Cousins has improved, and might get a look at the end of the season, but probably could reasonably see him in the nhl next year.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
Cousins can play. The biggest issue right now is what will be his role in the NHL. He's improved a lot defensively but he's not Laughton level defensively. He's a center so the 4th line is really his only spot.

But if the Flyers are OK trying to put together a 4th line that can chip in offensively, he has earned a look next year. For this year, they are better served having him lead the Phantoms into the playoffs.

kjbhockey

May 12, 2013
Has anyone been tracking any potential college free agents that we could go after? With the cap expected to be tight next year I don't see us making any noise at all in the NHL free agent pool. The one guy I really like is Kenny Morrison (RHD) from Western Michigan. Good size at 6"2 and 205 LBs, heavy shot, good puck skills, decent skater.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfraLR_37HA

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Has anyone been tracking any potential college free agents that we could go after? With the cap expected to be tight next year I don't see us making any noise at all in the NHL free agent pool. The one guy I really like is Kenny Morrison (RHD) from Western Michigan. Good size at 6"2 and 205 LBs, heavy shot, good puck skills, decent skater.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfraLR_37HA
Yeah he's near the top. He's been rumored to be an Edmonton target for a few years now. WMU has been churning defensemen out the last few years.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Yeah he's near the top. He's been rumored to be an Edmonton target for a few years now. WMU has been churning defensemen out the last few years.

Tennyson has turned into a pretty decent player as well to go along with the obvious one in Dekeyser.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Cousins can play. The biggest issue right now is what will be his role in the NHL. He's improved a lot defensively but he's not Laughton level defensively. He's a center so the 4th line is really his only spot.

But if the Flyers are OK trying to put together a 4th line that can chip in offensively, he has earned a look next year. For this year, they are better served having him lead the Phantoms into the playoffs.

Paul Holmgren said it's easy to move centers to the wing, so it can't be all bad.

If this were a meritocracy, Cousins would be up here and Rinaldo would be smorfed into outer space since Cousins is actually a better player. But I'm fine with him playing a whole year in the AHL as a front-line player.

I think at WMU you can thank Andy Murray. Helps to have a former NHL coach running your program.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
Can some one breakdown stolarz
Huge goalie (6'6) who is very athletic. Technically not the best, but has improved since draft year. Used to rely on athletic ability rather than technical ability to make saves.

Like using the poke check because of his reach.

Not that great of a puck mover.

Starting goalie upside.

Adtar02

@NateThompson44 is a bum
Apr 8, 2012
2nd star 2 the right
Huge goalie (6'6) who is very athletic. Technically not the best, but has improved since draft year. Used to rely on athletic ability rather than technical ability to make saves.

Like using the poke check because of his reach.

Not that great of a puck mover.

Starting goalie upside.

Thanks. What's the likely hood he can improve his weak areas

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
I think he can. With him it's just a matter of playing. He lost playing time last year to a fluky cut injury that was pretty nasty.

I don't think he'll ever be a stalwart technically (he does have to work on his rebound control), but it should get to a good enough level.

Tankadelphia

All Hail Ghost Bear
Mar 7, 2014
Tankadelphia

I think Stolarz's ceiling is probably also like Mason (very similiar players at this time in their development_. Both tall, athletic goalies, who have improving technical areas and can still work on rebound countrol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad