Prospect Info: 2014-15 (pt. 2): Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Juniors, Int'l, etc.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2010
PA
'On here' is irrelevant. Real Flyer fans will love the guy.

hd_dvd.jpg

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Yeah guys, the REAL fans will love him. Because everyone knows that the real fans are the ones who value strength and "heart" over everything else. Us fake fans don't know what we're talking about. :laugh:

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
Friedman already with two assists (both primary) with time left in the second period.
Ryan Satkowiak ‏@Ryan_Satkowiak 60m60 minutes ago
So in the last 11 games, Mark Friedman has a goal and 10 assists. His 14 points are just 3 behind Pohlkamp for the team lead.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It will be interesting to see if they try to sign him after the year. If he was playing Major Junior he'd be eligible to play in the AHL next year seeing as he's a late birthday.

He's having a similar freshmen year to Gostisbehere's but two things working in his advantage is that he doesn't need time to fill out & he has experience in a higher league prior to entering college.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
This is what hockey prospect wrote about him in their Black Book last year:

"Excellent speed and highly mobile...superb puck mover...Great stride, low, wide base, he packs a ton of power with each stride and has an explosive burst...first few steps are excellent...can reach top speed almost immediately...Moves the puck up ice through the neutral zone extremely well and is well suited for the power play...great at moving the puck back and forth along the blue line, creating passing and shooting lanes and keeping the puck moving in rotation for a quality open look on net...Pinches and keeps the puck in well, and does a great job reading the play and dropping low in the offensive half boards and corners to keep a puck in and maintain possession...Solid slap shot and a very quick, efficient wrist shot...Pucks find the net off of his stick...Very calm and comfortable with the puck....Great passer, especially on the stretch pass...Always tape
to tape. High end offensive weapon on defense."

They also wrote about his defensive play which was pretty good. I just quoted the offensive part.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
It will be interesting to see if they try to sign him after the year. If he was playing Major Junior he'd be eligible to play in the AHL next year seeing as he's a late birthday.

He's having a similar freshmen year to Gostisbehere's but two things working in his advantage is that he doesn't need time to fill out & he has experience in a higher league prior to entering college.
I doubt it. If they were going to accelerate his time frame they probably would have had him play in the OHL this year. The fact he is a late birthday he might be a guy that can be signed next year assuming he keeps progressing.

Does he have similar skills as Ghost? Is he a dynamic offensive player or is he just good offensively?
Not quite the skills (not many kids do). From what I read he's more cerebral with the puck, good decision maker. He's supposed to be a good PP QB.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Does he have similar skills as Ghost? Is he a dynamic offensive player or is he just good offensively?

Gostisbehere is more dynamic. I would say just good offensively. He's shorter like Gostisbehere but he's got some bulk to him unlike Gostisbehere which might give him a chance to be better defensively of the two. He compared himself to Oduya at the draft who is a solid two-way middle pairing guy.

I doubt it. If they were going to accelerate his time frame they probably would have had him play in the OHL this year. The fact he is a late birthday he might be a guy that can be signed next year assuming he keeps progressing.

Yeah but things change during the course of year, what they thought maybe wasn't possible then could be now. Friedman didn't seem interested in the OHL which the Flyers could have just left alone.

Last edited:

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
Yeah guys, the REAL fans will love him. Because everyone knows that the real fans are the ones who value strength and "heart" over everything else. Us fake fans don't know what we're talking about. :laugh:

Real fans will love Goulbourne, if he makes it, because of what he brings to the team instead of grinding axes because they didn't like where he was drafted.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Would be nice to not rush him and have him come up after the others...build the pipeline of D for once.

If anyone could post any clips of him that would be great as well. Hard to find anything on him.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Yeah but things change during the course of year, what they thought maybe wasn't possible then could be now. Friedman didn't seem interested in the OHL which the Flyers could have just left alone.

NHL teams have a way of getting kids to do what they feel is best for their development. I can't think of many defensemen that only played one year of college and went to the pros. Faulk, Trouba, and Erik Johnson off the top of my head and Friedman is certainly not at that level. I mean he's had a nice stretch here, but he's played what 20 games? He would need to completely dominate to get signed this early IMO.

If Gostisbehere didn't get signed until after his junior year, especially the way he played as a sophomore, I have a hard time believing Friedman gets signed after his freshman year.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Sanheim primary PP assist.

Their coach is a ****ing idiot. Jake Bean is a really good looking young player, but he has been brutal running the PP the last few games. The last 3 times Sanheim has gotten a crack with the top unit they've scored as a direct result of his play. I don't get it.

Also seen Sanheim a little fired up to start the game which doesn't happen too often. Took a run at some kid off the faceoff and buried him. Nice to see from him. He then took a boarding/cross-checking penalty moments later. Must have been some chirping going on pregame to get him fired up like that.

FLYERSG

Sep 27, 2014
I was watching the Calgary game and then hockey streams feed cut out? Anyone else?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
NHL teams have a way of getting kids to do what they feel is best for their development. I can't think of many defensemen that only played one year of college and went to the pros. Faulk, Trouba, and Erik Johnson off the top of my head and Friedman is certainly not at that level. I mean he's had a nice stretch here, but he's played what 20 games? He would need to completely dominate to get signed this early IMO.

If Gostisbehere didn't get signed until after his junior year, especially the way he played as a sophomore, I have a hard time believing Friedman gets signed after his freshman year.

Yeah you're probably right but we'll see. I don't think Friedman will be there as long as Gostisbehere not only for the reasons I said above but also some prime spots down in Lehigh Valley should open with guys graduating to the NHL by then.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Yeah you're probably right but we'll see. I don't think Friedman will be there as long as Gostisbehere not only for the reasons I said above but also some prime spots down in Lehigh Valley should open with guys graduating to the NHL by then.
I would actually like to see him play at least a full game before I make any predictions. :laugh:

Bowling Green isn't exactly a hot TV grab I guess.

pacehimself

Oct 5, 2008

I am excited to finally see the phantoms stocked with actual prospects. It's nice seeing them win and have the ability to possibly make a playoff run with prospects consistently.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
At a Oil Kings v Calgary Hitmen game tonight. Sanheim scored a nice one. Looks good out there. :)

Did he score? Box score says assist. The only game not working on Hockeystreams. :(

Nice SH goal by Goulbourne tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad