Prospect Info: 2014-15 (pt. 2): Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Juniors, Int'l, etc.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Goulbourne with two goals tonight so far, one of them was a shorty.
Chartier made a great feed on the first goal. The SH goal was a really nice move by Goulbourne to cut back against the grain.

He's playing with really good players, but he seems to always find open ice. I guess the impressive part is all 3 goals his line started in the defensive zone.

Also added an assist although that was all Chartier.

EDIT: Just added another assist. This one was really impressive. End-to-end rush! Blew by the defender and sent a backhand pass to the slot. Merkley finished it off. Kid can skate. That's for sure.

4 point night. Still a period to go.
Actually sorry he took the shot that was redirected. Too many beers for me i guess
Hey whatever gets the job done. :laugh:

Last edited:

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Gotta say, good start for the 2014 draft kids. Pretty much all of them have been contributing well.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Gotta say, good start for the 2014 draft kids. Pretty much all of them have been contributing well.

Whereas we knew almost right away in the past, there's not a single guy so far where you fear that we should have taken someone who went after him.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
Nice clip about Friedman. Love that the PBP guy gushes about his skating.

He's tied for 3rd in NCAA D1 hockey for scoring among freshman dmen.

Two players that he's tied/behind: Werenski and Hanifin. Granted, they're a year younger.

Nice company.
Hasn't Pettersson been really bad?

I know he's a 7th rounder but still.

I've seen Pettersson a couple times while playing with the Phantoms and he was pretty brutal in every game. Still he's really young for the league.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Right now I am living near BG. I get the Toledo media outlets. There is some coverage of the Falcons hockey. I have yet to see/hear much about him. So far this season, the older players are getting the publicity. He wasn't even mentioned in the column for BG's 3-1 win over Lake Superior State.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
I've seen Pettersson a couple times while playing with the Phantoms and he was pretty brutal in every game. Still he's really young for the league.

I've been at every home game this year. I like Pettersson, he's doing fine as a 6th AHL Dman. I'd like to see how he improves next year after one year in the smaller rink. He gets some good hits in, has good defensive IQ, his only weaknesses is his reach (he's small) and his speed. While he's stocky and strong, he's still capable of being pushed off by the really big players, but he can handle average size skaters.

His D game reminds me of Timonen but he scraps after whistles a little more, extra shoves and slashes and whatnot. He doesnt have much Offensive game to speak of, but is capable of finding an open man when he gets a loose puck.

I'd keep him around another year.

denominator

Apr 20, 2012
Fort St John
Their coach is a ****ing idiot. Jake Bean is a really good looking young player, but he has been brutal running the PP the last few games. The last 3 times Sanheim has gotten a crack with the top unit they've scored as a direct result of his play. I don't get it.

Despite the winning record, I really hope this is French's last (and only) year behind the Hitmen bench. You look at a coaches like Mike Williamson, Brent Sutter, Dave Lowry, or Mike Johnston at the junior level and see guys that can get everything and more out of their young players. Then you watch Mark French actively stifle a very talented team with bonehead line combinations, poor usage, and questionable goaltending decisions. The only reason this team is a winning team is pure, raw talent.

I get that Bean is a great 16 year old, and that we want to promote growth and give him chances to succeed. But that shouldn't come at the expense of a better, older player that can do the job better. Put him on the second PP unit and let Sanheim run the first - every time he gets a chance he seems to produce.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Despite the winning record, I really hope this is French's last (and only) year behind the Hitmen bench. You look at a coaches like Mike Williamson, Brent Sutter, Dave Lowry, or Mike Johnston at the junior level and see guys that can get everything and more out of their young players. Then you watch Mark French actively stifle a very talented team with bonehead line combinations, poor usage, and questionable goaltending decisions. The only reason this team is a winning team is pure, raw talent.

I get that Bean is a great 16 year old, and that we want to promote growth and give him chances to succeed. But that shouldn't come at the expense of a better, older player that can do the job better. Put him on the second PP unit and let Sanheim run the first - every time he gets a chance he seems to produce.
I kind of got the thinking when they tried to spread out the talent and have two equal units at least Sanheim got to play with Virtanen. But then he loaded up the first unit again and left Sanheim to try play with the 3rd line. The online feed cut off after the 2nd goal, but they couldn't even get into the offensive zone last night. At least they got him away from Ben Thomas though. That was a smart move.

Coffe

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2010
Stockholm
Morin apparently got in his first fight of the year. Anybody watching?

Nothing spectacular. Morin went to the net and poked their goalies glove once and then after a short conversation with Halabi they dropped the gloves. Then they stood there and held each others jerseys with one hand for quite some time. Some punches where attempted - I think maybe one from Morin semi-connected and none from Halabi. After it looked like the refs where gonna break it up Morin wrestled Halabi to the ground.

Also of note, Aube-Kubel scored his 24th(?) of the season on a shorthanded breakaway after out-muscling the D-man in the race for the puck.

Last edited:

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Ghoul may yet be worth that 3rd round pick if he's developing some offensive skills, aren't too many big physical guys who are good skaters, willing to do the dirty work and can still put a few goals in on a 3rd or 4th line.

BleedOrange

BuildThroughTheDraft
Aug 14, 2005
Oshawa Ontario
Ghoul may yet be worth that 3rd round pick if he's developing some offensive skills, aren't too many big physical guys who are good skaters, willing to do the dirty work and can still put a few goals in on a 3rd or 4th line.

Always like the kid never had a problem where he was picked and hope hextall can get him under contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad