Prospect Info: 2014-15 (pt. 2): Phantoms (AHL), Reading Royals (ECHL), NCAA, Juniors, Int'l, etc.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
That should be our goal no doubt in my mind. This team needs to fight for that last spot

We're not one of the four worst teams in the league, so we're not going to end up dead last. I think the lowest we can go is 5th. That said, we don't need the last spot. We just need the hockey gods to right the wrongs of 2007 and let us win the lottery.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
We're not one of the four worst teams in the league, so we're not going to end up dead last. I think the lowest we can go is 5th. That said, we don't need the last spot. We just need the hockey gods to right the wrongs of 2007 and let us win the lottery.

Probably true but honestly were only better than Edmonton. NJ and Buffalo. Carolina will pass us. If Berube is the coach and Mason continues to struggle with injuries who knows. The lower we finish the better our odds plus Marner from what I hear could be a gem and he could fall to 4 or 5 worse case scenarios

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
Probably true but honestly were only better than Edmonton. NJ and Buffalo. Carolina will pass us. If Berube is the coach and Mason continues to struggle with injuries who knows. The lower we finish the better our odds plus Marner from what I hear could be a gem and he could fall to 4 or 5 worse case scenarios

I think the Flyers need to be careful with Mason's knee, and Giroux should sit too, until the scab on his leg dries up and falls off....

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Nice praise from Murray.

The most surprising thing in there to me was Hagg's comment about the lack of structure at the WJC. I would think Sweden in particular would play a very structured game. If he likes the structure in the AHL he should be ecstatic in the NHL.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Morin-Ghost
Hagg-Alt

would be a nice top 4 to start next season in LHV. Then whoever plays best to start the season gets promoted.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Morin-Ghost
Hagg-Alt

would be a nice top 4 to start next season in LHV. Then whoever plays best to start the season gets promoted.
I'd venture that two of these four will be in Philly at the start of next season. If Hexy moves Coburn, Streit and Grossmann, there are openings here to be filled. Cola is probably not going to be re-signed. I'd hope that the fill ins would come from within the system rather than going outside and signing over priced FAs.
AMac/Schenn; MDZ/Schultz; Morin/Ghost; Alt-who may be called up after the TDL when he is healthy.
I realize that this isn't the best situation but the rebuild at the NHL level has to start sometime.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I'd be highly shocked if neither one of Streit, Coburn, & Grossmann aren't here to start out the year next year.

Coburn, MDZ, & Schultz are still the most likely to get moved in my opinion.

pacehimself

Oct 5, 2008
We really need some of these young defenseman to step in and play at a high level early to offset the crappy contracts we gave to the defenseman we already have....it sure would be nice if we can move the 5 mil dollar man down to the third pair and have one of the young guys up top...

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
We really need some of these young defenseman to step in and play at a high level early to offset the crappy contracts we gave to the defenseman we already have....it sure would be nice if we can move the 5 mil dollar man down to the third pair and have one of the young guys up top...

The only really crappy contract on the backend is MacDonald as of now.

MDZ - 2015
Schultz - 2015
Coburn - 2016
L. Schenn - 2016
Grossmann - 2016
Streit - 2017

If Hextall doesn't go crazy we should be alright.

RJ8812*

highly unlikely that the Flyers start with 2 rookies on the blueline

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
If you go to Hagg, he's in, he's tapped for the year and possibly his future. He's not there yet. Seravalli is stupid.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
Hagg will probably get a couple games in at the end of the season. That way they don't burn a year on his ELC, give the player a nice glimpse of what is required at the NHL level, and also get a look at where he might be in terms of NHL readiness.

Doing it now doesn't have a benefit over doing it later.

It's different with Ghost, he's older and also already eating up ELC years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad