GDT: 2013 Training Camp Thread (Camp opens weekend of 1/11; NHL games start 1/19)

Ron*

Just checked the Wizards' schedule. They have a game on Friday in Denver so they are on the second night of a back-to-back coming into the Clipper game. There is no way they will re-schedule the game. NBA teams (and NHL teams) don't play day games after a night game. You can stop blaming the Clippers now. Just keep blaming the lockout for this. :yo:

Good point, never even thought of that.

Too bad. I really wanted the banner raising night to be at night.

Oh, well, looks like we are locked in at noon. Will take my son to Philippes for breakfast then on to Staples Center and the madness that I am sure will be at L.A. Live.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
Just saw a supposedly leaked HNIC schedule on the main board:

1/24- LA @ EDM
2/19- LA @ EDM
4/6- EDM @ LA
3/2- LA @ VAN
3/9- CGY @ LA

One thing I can say for sure, anticipate a **** ton of home games in march and april, probably 16-18.

EDIT: saw a leaked oilers schedule, added kings dates.

Last edited:

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
They signed it awhile ago. 98% NHLPA approval (rumored).

Everything should already be out there by now (or that is what I thought?).

Oh well.

Ron*

They signed it awhile ago. 98% NHLPA approval (rumored).

Everything should already be out there by now (or that is what I thought?).

Oh well.

The MOU has not been signed yet. You are talking about the CBA ratification by the players.

Maybe late tonight, maybe tomorrow.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
I wish they would out the names of the 2% of players that signed against this CBA. Would be curious to know which ingrates are opposed to making millions of dollars.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
Of the 3 non-divisional opponents' schedules release, the Kings play 2 road and 1 home game against them (Chicago, Detroit, Edmonton). Who the hell do they get their 2 home games against?

Ron*

BAc1Dw0CMAAf9As.jpg

Ron*

Of the 3 non-divisional opponents' schedules release, the Kings play 2 road and 1 home game against them (Chicago, Detroit, Edmonton). Who the hell do they get their 2 home games against?

They play EACH of the non-divisional teams three times. Some are one home game, two away games, others will be two home games, one away game.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
They play EACH of the non-divisional teams three times. Some are one home game, two away games, others will be two home games, one away game.
I know. That's exactly what I said. Of the 3 schedules released so far (Detroit, Chicago, Edmonton), the Kings get the short end of the stick (2 road, 1 home game).

Ron*

I know. That's exactly what I said. Of the 3 schedules released so far (Detroit, Chicago, Edmonton), the Kings get the short end of the stick (2 road, 1 home game).

Okay, I see what you mean...but let's face it, those schedules have all been leaked, not officially released, and its only three teams. Just coincidence, I guess we get the advantage against the Nashvilles, St. Louis', etc.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
Okay, I see what you mean...but let's face it, those schedules have all been leaked, not officially released, and its only three teams. Just coincidence, I guess we get the advantage against the Nashvilles, St. Louis', etc.
I'm just hoping it's not the majority of Columbus, Calgary, Colorado, and Minnesota.

Shootmaster_44

Sep 10, 2005
Saskatoon

Oilers media said on Twitter it has been confirmed.

Jason Gregor ‏@JasonGregor

Here is the Oilers schedule with correct link. Confirmed it is the correct schedule. http://oilersnation.com/2013/1/12/still-waiting-on-a-schedule … #nhl #oilers

https://twitter.com/JasonGregor/status/290251935909548032

Shootmaster_44

Sep 10, 2005
Saskatoon
Confirmed (probably from the same guy or gal that leaked it) but not officially released.

It's a technical point; meanwhile, Kings site is silent as to their schedule.

Could be I suppose. Either way I am looking forward to the 24th, gotta find out when the Oilers put their tickets on sale.

Ron*

^^^ Reminds me of a friend who didn't know hockey at all when I texted her we were the Stanley Cup champions.

She asked me "Who's Stanley?" :laugh:

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
I'm just hoping it's not the majority of Columbus, Calgary, Colorado, and Minnesota.
And here it is. Of course. Such ******** for the championship team.

Sat, Jan 19 vs Chicago
Mon, Jan 28 vs Vancouver
Thurs, Jan 31 vs Nashville
Fri, Feb 15 vs Columbus
Sat, Feb 23 vs Colorado
Mon, Feb 25 vs Anaheim
Wed, Feb 27 Detroit
Mon, Mar 4 vs Nashville
Tue, Mar 5 vs St. Louis
Thurs, Mar 7 vs Dallas
Sat, Mar 9 vs Calgary
Mon, Mar 11 vs Calgary

Sat, Mar 16 vs San Jose
Mon, Mar 18 vs Phoenix
Tue, Mar 19 vs Phoenix
Thurs, Mar 21 vs Dallas
Sat, Mar 23 vs Vancouver
Thurs, Apr 4 vs Minnesota
Sat, Apr 6 vs Edmonton
Thurs, Apr 11 vs Colorado
Sat, Apr 13 vs Anaheim
Thurs, Apr 18 vs Columbus
Sun, Apr 21 vs Dallas
Sat, Apr 27 vs San Jose

So the Kings play at these non-divisional teams twice on the road: Detroit, Chicago, St. Louis, Edmonton, Minnesota.

The Kings get screwed against 3 huge draws, and get stuck with extra home games against Columbus, Colorado, and Calgary. Another bumbling effort by the NHL.

Shootmaster_44

Sep 10, 2005
Saskatoon

Sat, Jan 19 vs Chicago
Mon, Jan 28 vs Vancouver
Fri, Feb 15 vs Columbus
Sat, Feb 23 vs Colorado
Mon, Feb 25 vs Anaheim
Wed, Feb 27 Detroit
Mon, Mar 4 vs Nashville
Tue, Mar 5 vs St. Louis
Thurs, Mar 7 vs Dallas
Sat, Mar 9 vs Calgary
Mon, Mar 11 vs Calgary

Sat, Mar 16 vs San Jose
Mon, Mar 18 vs Phoenix
Tue, Mar 19 vs Phoenix
Thurs, Mar 21 vs Dallas
Sat, Mar 23 vs Vancouver
Sat, Apr 6 vs Edmonton
Sat, Apr 13 vs Anaheim
Sun, Apr 21 vs Dallas
Sat, Apr 27 vs San Jose

So the Kings play at these non-divisional teams twice: Detroit, Chicago, St. Louis, Edmonton, Minnesota.

The Kings get screwed against 3 huge draws, and get stuck with extra home games against Columbus, Colorado, and Calgary. Another bumbling effort by the NHL.

Do you happen to have the road schedule too?

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site

Sat, Jan 19 vs Chicago
Mon, Jan 28 vs Vancouver
Fri, Feb 15 vs Columbus
Sat, Feb 23 vs Colorado
Mon, Feb 25 vs Anaheim
Wed, Feb 27 Detroit
Mon, Mar 4 vs Nashville
Tue, Mar 5 vs St. Louis
Thurs, Mar 7 vs Dallas
Sat, Mar 9 vs Calgary
Mon, Mar 11 vs Calgary

Sat, Mar 16 vs San Jose
Mon, Mar 18 vs Phoenix
Tue, Mar 19 vs Phoenix
Thurs, Mar 21 vs Dallas
Sat, Mar 23 vs Vancouver
Sat, Apr 6 vs Edmonton
Sat, Apr 13 vs Anaheim
Sun, Apr 21 vs Dallas
Sat, Apr 27 vs San Jose

So the Kings play at these non-divisional teams twice on the road: Detroit, Chicago, St. Louis, Edmonton, Minnesota.

Don't they also get Vancouver twice at home? That's a big draw.

Shootmaster_44

Sep 10, 2005
Saskatoon

I suspect that because of the Cup win, the NHL expects that all games will be a big draw. So they stick the Kings with more games against the poorer draws to help those markets that might not sell as well. Makes sense that when you can't balance the schedule, you put the weaker teams in cities more often where ticket sales won't be an issue. Whether or not this is the case, remains to be seen, but I suspect that it will be true.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad