GDT: 2013 Training Camp Thread (Camp opens weekend of 1/11; NHL games start 1/19)

Ron*

Bizarre scheduling, Phoenix back-to-back at Staples, I might as well just get a hotel room.

Jesus H. Christ. Crazy, but that's what you get with a bush league that should have resolved the lockout at least three months ago.

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
The schedule may also have to do with the minimal flexibility in the building schedule, due to an already pretty full event calender through mid-april.

Just as I expected, 17 of 24 home games in March and April.

Ron*

Peterborough-Edit_normal.jpg

Chris Johnston @reporterchris
The memorandum of understanding has been signed. The NHL lockout is officially over after 119 days.

It means training camps can open as soon as tomorrow.

Also, official team schedules should be coming out momentarily.

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
Are you sure about that Chazz? On HNIC radio they said that they could be done anytime in the next 2 seasons. I haven't seen the rules written anywhere, though.
http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/21219/trades-cheat-deals-and-more-cba-details

COMPLIANCE BUYOUTS
Teams will be allowed up to two buyouts over the next two summers -- 2013 and 2014 -- either one in each summer or two in one summer and none in the other. The new detail here that I found interesting is that any player bought out under these circumstances CANNOT be re-acquired by that same team during the upcoming season, not by waivers, not by trade and not by free-agent signing.

Obvious reason here: The league doesn’t want teams to cheat the system and get a player back under a cheaper salary (since the buyout doesn’t count against the salary cap).

Shootmaster_44

Sep 10, 2005
Saskatoon
Nice to see 20 games on National TV (either Canada or US) this year. Of course, us Canadian fans will only get to see 10 games for sure. However, I believe TSN2 generally shows the NBCSN games, so we'd likely get those.

I'm not sure whether the NHL Network games will be shown in Canada. So stupid that those networks are different depending on the country. It is a major waste of a channel in Canada, all it seems to do is replay old games from like 2009 and show the same documentary series over and over.

April 6th against the Oilers is a NHL Network game, so I will get to see that one for sure, as I am in the Oilers local area.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad