GDT: 2013 Training Camp Thread (Camp opens weekend of 1/11; NHL games start 1/19)

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
How about the at Det-STL-LA-Chi-EDM 10th through the 19th. (and Flames on 20th)

First road trip Col-EDM-Pho over 4 days.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
I know it's Eklund, but it's a hockey rumor and I'm excited:

The Stars very much want to sign Jamie Benn..hearing Montreal, LA, Calgary and the NY Islanders are all wiling to deal for him.

Why would Dallas deal with us, and what could we possibly trade? Eklund will Eklund

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
There is no way Dallas would trade Benn to LA.

Unless one of Kopitar,Quick,Drew was going the other way.

losingsand

Apr 13, 2007
Pasadena, ca
Maybe Muzzin is more of an adequate role to fill Mitchell's spot, since Muzzin has some size to him. Though I'd be more into the idea of Drewiske filling in for Mitchell.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Out of all of our Kid D prospects I would say that Gravel is our most complete stay at home D man and is ready to make the jump right out of NCAA and into the NHL. I wouldn't be surprised to see him in a Kings uni if needed once his season ends. Solid kid solid player.

Hickey and Muzzin are both ready but play different games. Maybe Muzz is getting the look to either rule him out or make us keep him. Des is going to be very good and imo plays a style that is closest to WM's (younger days) and I give him all of this season and start giving him spot call ups next season so he can be ready the following to take his spot on the team.

Hickey still might get his shot.

Vamos Rafa

I own Voight and MMC
Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Between-period activities as in TV timeouts? I had no idea they were 5 minutes long. One time, I did time a commercial break and it was only 2 minutes long.

CTKingsFan

6/11/12 & 6/13/14
Nov 23, 2008
Connecticut
Re-entrt waviers have been eliminated. Always thought that was stupid. It only hurt the player from being called up and hurt the team from risking calling the player up.

SCARFACE909

Feb 20, 2012
Between-period activities as in TV timeouts? I had no idea they were 5 minutes long. One time, I did time a commercial break and it was only 2 minutes long.

No they're talking about the human bowling and midgets playing hockey on ice following end or periods. Want to keep the ice quality good by reducing those activities done during intermissions.

FootKnight

This ****ing team
May 28, 2007
Interesting CBA detail:

Intermission lengths are increased from 17 to 18 minutes and all between-periods activities are shortened from 5 minutes to 4. This is to help improve the ice surface. So mites on ice, hurry up!

Great summary here (24 pages)- better than reading the full 600 page CBA :)
http://nbcprohockeytalk.files.wordp...ed-cba-summary-of-terms_final-jan-12-2013.pdf

Thanks for the link Tony, that is definitely better than reading the CBA itself or picking up bits and pieces of changes from threads or articles.

topliner967

Dec 14, 2011
Northern Europe
Interesting CBA detail:

Intermission lengths are increased from 17 to 18 minutes and all between-periods activities are shortened from 5 minutes to 4. This is to help improve the ice surface. So mites on ice, hurry up!

Great summary here (24 pages)- better than reading the full 600 page CBA :)
http://nbcprohockeytalk.files.wordp...ed-cba-summary-of-terms_final-jan-12-2013.pdf

"All Non-Playoff Clubs will participate in a weighted drawing. The Clubs shall be ranked in inverse order based on points earned by each of them in the previous Regular Season. The winner of the weighted drawing will receive the first pick in the first round of the Draft."

Don't like that very much.

KingsFan17

Jun 20, 2008
Fontana
Tickets for opening day go on pre sale at 10am today. Anyone get the pre sale code and want to share it or get me a ticket? I got the code for monday at 4pm but really want to get a ticket.

Ron*

Tickets for opening day go on pre sale at 10am today. Anyone get the pre sale code and want to share it or get me a ticket? I got the code for monday at 4pm but really want to get a ticket.

Apparently, you can already purchase tickets from STH on the secondary markets. Like StubHub, VIP, etc. Some STH are putting their tickets up; the only thing is, most are "pick up" at Will Call or something like that.

Some are electronic, but I have no idea how that is possible. Someone with knowledge please enlighten me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad