GDT: 2013 Training Camp Thread (Camp opens weekend of 1/11; NHL games start 1/19)

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
Sabres fan here in peace.

Sabres need a guy that can play 3rd/4th line minutes and play the PK.

Got anyone spare that can do that? I would think that if you did, they'd be the first on Regier's radar.

We have several guys who can fill that role for you. Character/grit/grinders we got plenty of but you guys should be able to fill your needs via waiver this year. My guess is that DR will look there first.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

Got anyone spare that can do that? I would think that if you did, they'd be the first on Regier's radar.

Brad Richardson would be a good fit there. Certainly doesn't help the Sabres get any bigger though, and I think that is something they are trying to do (not overly familiar with Sabres' roster).

Don't see why the Kings would target Leopold though, unless Mitchell's injury is alot more severe than is being let on...

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
We have several guys who can fill that role for you. Character/grit/grinders we got plenty of but you guys should be able to fill your needs via waiver this year. My guess is that DR will look there first.

I think he'll only look there if we can't unload one of our Dmen.

We're LOADED with NHL-caliber guys, and a number we can't send back to the AHL unless we waive them (Brennan, Weber, Pardy are the most likely ones).

So my guess is that Darcy will look to deal one to a team that is looking for one. And if you guys have grit/PK to spare.....that's gonna pique his interest. Big.

But in reading some of your board threads, you guys seem more interested in a stay-at-home type. Leo isn't that. Weber would be our "spare" NHL guy that would be more stay-at-home, and he'd come cheap.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008

Outside of the Eklund words (Kings don't need another player of Leo's mold).

The Kings have Fraser and Lewis who play on the 3rd/4th line and each PK as well as play center/wing. That said I doubt either is moved unless Clifford/King/Nolan all assert themselves real well at the beginning of the year. (And/Or Richardson)

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Richardson would be a candidate for trade. Or waiver or buyout.

Richardson is rather expensive for a depth player that has not scored over 30 points in a NHL season .

He is also on the small side, and a defensive liability.

Captain Mittens*

How about Stewart?

SCARFACE909

Feb 20, 2012
image_normal.jpg

I will be at the practice tomorrow. I hope we "sell out" the arena just like we did the rally and make St. Louis' ovation look like a mouse lost in a church. These guys deserve it.
https://twitter.com/search?q=#GameOn&src=hash

Only the lower bowl is open I believe, so should be around same amount of people. Winnipeg had about 5k as well.

Ron*

Only the lower bowl is open I believe, so should be around same amount of people. Winnipeg had about 5k as well.

Nah, I downloaded tickets for my STH seats, up in section 318.

But I also got some for the lower bowl as well tonight.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Kings fan from Buffalo who knows both teams well.. I'm not sure how valuable the Kings fans see Jordan Nolan (he's a 4th liner, how valuable can he be?) and I can't really put a tag on him myself because we've only had limited samples.. But he grew up close to the Buffalo area and his Dad coached there.. I'm can't imagine what the Kings would want back but he has size and knows his role.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Kings fan from Buffalo who knows both teams well.. I'm not sure how valuable the Kings fans see Jordan Nolan (he's a 4th liner, how valuable can he be?) and I can't really put a tag on him myself because we've only had limited samples.. But he grew up close to the Buffalo area and his Dad coached there.. I'm can't imagine what the Kings would want back but he has size and knows his role.

No. **** that. Nolan goes nowhere. He's so god damn perfect for our 4th line it's not even funny.

As others have said, take Richie. I wouldn't even be too opposed to trading Lewis although he's not a guy I'd shop around.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica
I think he'll only look there if we can't unload one of our Dmen.

We're LOADED with NHL-caliber guys, and a number we can't send back to the AHL unless we waive them (Brennan, Weber, Pardy are the most likely ones).

So my guess is that Darcy will look to deal one to a team that is looking for one. And if you guys have grit/PK to spare.....that's gonna pique his interest. Big.

But in reading some of your board threads, you guys seem more interested in a stay-at-home type. Leo isn't that. Weber would be our "spare" NHL guy that would be more stay-at-home, and he'd come cheap.

Question is would Weber be an upgrade over either Bodnarchuk, Muzzin, Drewiske which appear to be the three that are fighting to fill in for Mitchell? Keep in mind I know next to nothing about the Sabres' prospects outside of Enroth, so forgive me if it's a dumb question.

tigermask48

Maniacal Laugh
Mar 10, 2004
R'Lyeh, Antarctica

Not sure Nolan would pique the Sabres interest. He has grit sure, but right now he's far from being a PK guy. I'd say better chance of offering Lewis or Richardson and see where that gets you. Also Nolan is the perfect replacement for Clifford should something happen so I think the Kings would hang onto him and offer Clifford first.

The Judge

Mar 18, 2006
Tyler Toffoli, Muzzion...

Are Toffoli and Muzzin in training camp? Because I looked at the current Monarch Rosters and they are X'd in red.

The Big Giant Head

Mar 27, 2009
So-Cal
Just saw on LAkings.com (forgive me if its already been mentioned) but tonight's open practice will be televised on FOX sports west at 7pm....i dont think this has ever been done before...awesome!

OS ANGELES – The Los Angeles Kings, the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions, will host an Open Practice at STAPLES Center on Monday night as part of the club’s training camp. The practice is slated to begin at 7 p.m.

Entry into STAPLES Center will be free. The general public will be able to download complimentary tickets at www.ticketmaster.com/lakings starting on Sunday at 6 p.m. Kings Season Ticket Members will have a special ‘pre-sale’ – this information will be communicated to them directly in advance.

Additionally, the event, “Kings Live: Open Practice,†will be televised live on FOX Sports West with Bob Miller, Jim Fox and Patrick O’Neal describing the action. FOX Sports West will re-air the event on Tuesday at 2 p.m. and 6 p.m., then again on Wednesday at 1 p.m. and 9 p.m.

Media intending to cover this event should RSVP to the Kings Communications Department by 2 p.m. on Monday.

Fishhead

Jul 15, 2003
PNW
Not sure Nolan would pique the Sabres interest. He has grit sure, but right now he's far from being a PK guy. I'd say better chance of offering Lewis or Richardson and see where that gets you. Also Nolan is the perfect replacement for Clifford should something happen so I think the Kings would hang onto him and offer Clifford first.

Not sure I would even contemplate trading Lewis at this point. That guy has more bang for the buck than anyone during the Playoffs. I think Richardson will be the odd man out if a smallish trade is made.

It's uncanny how the Kings have appropriate and close to ideal players for every position and role right now. Never thought I would see the day.

The Big Giant Head

Mar 27, 2009
So-Cal
Update: Kings open practice tonight "sold" out! I got 3 tickets earlier today for my family and I, really pumped to see the turn out and see our boys back on the ice!

Ron*

Update: Kings open practice tonight "sold" out! I got 3 tickets earlier today for my family and I, really pumped to see the turn out and see our boys back on the ice!

They sold the lower bowl only as they moved my nose-bleeds closer to the ice. Of course its at the end-rink...but I got other seats much closer to the red line.

I am not that familiar with how many seats that would actually be...does anyone know what this "sell out" constitutes? Maybe 10,000?

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
They sold the lower bowl only as they moved my nose-bleeds closer to the ice. Of course its at the end-rink...but I got other seats much closer to the red line.

I am not that familiar with how many seats that would actually be...does anyone know what this "sell out" constitutes? Maybe 10,000?

8k-10k.

The Big Giant Head

Mar 27, 2009
So-Cal

i figured it would be lower bowl only but what do you mean end rink?

Cook24

Oct 14, 2005
Chino, CA
Theo Peckham can be had for cheap from Edmonton now that they got Fistric. Would be a solid #6-7 DMan until Mitchell gets back, oh, he hits and fights a lot too...

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Theo Peckham can be had for cheap from Edmonton now that they got Fistric. Would be a solid #6-7 DMan until Mitchell gets back, oh, he hits and fights a lot too...

Nah. If we needed a hard hitting/fighting bonehead, we'd keep Bodnarchuk up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad