2013 - Out Of Town Scoreboard - Part three - Hockey's Back!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
This is what I think too. This is why I have no problem with the Rangers beating Washington, or Pittsburgh beating Buffalo. We know those teams will make the playoffs whether we want them to or not. I'm still not convinced the Flyers will miss the playoffs either, and I'm not convinced Toronto will make it. Same **** last year from them.

Well Pittsburgh I agree with you, the Rangers I'm hoping against hope they regress back to what they were two-three years ago (borderline playoff team fighting in the last game to get in) with all the changes and Torts goes psychotic. I also think the Flyers eventually turn it up, though Giroux's gotta play better.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I think only one SE team will make it. Tampa Bay has a decent shot still despite just being on a 6 game losing streak. Their defense is putrid though. You could put anybody in net there. Lundqvist, Luongo, Tim Thomas, Marty, Toskala, Dipietro. They won't go nowhere until that defense is fixed. It doesn't matter if it's Roloson, Garon, or Lindback.

Florida has been **** this year. Their defense is a joke, and they're right back to losing OT games like a habit again. Dineen's brains are leaking out that bald spot in the back of his head for using Clemmensen still.

manilaNJ

Optimism: Unwavering
Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
The Canes'll probably walk to the division with the way they've been playing combined with the inconsistencies of everyone else, unless Wardo short-circuits again.

I'd rather not play them too, but after last year I have a little more swagger as a fan in regards to taking on demons.

It's really just insane, though.
That team has only made the playoffs 5 times in its history (in Raleigh).
Of those 5 times, they've faced the Devils all but 1.
In those 4 playoff series, they've won 3.

Got our number in the post season, no matter who's on that roster.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Well Pittsburgh I agree with you, the Rangers I'm hoping against hope they regress back to what they were two-three years ago (borderline playoff team fighting in the last game to get in) with all the changes and Torts goes psychotic. I also think the Flyers eventually turn it up, though Giroux's gotta play better.

I don't mind if they fall out, but I'm not sure they will.

That's why I hate yielding points to the Isles, and when Pitt yields points to them, and other crap POS bottom feeder garbage suck teams.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
Two blatant calls on the Canucks in OT... nothing happens. Seriously? We`ve been called numerous times already. What a joke.

Luckily for the Blues, Allen is in the beast mode.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
Wow. Oshie.
Wow, McDonald.

That`s as good of a roof shot as you`ll see. Incredible, Luongo had no chance.

And seriously, what`s the deal with Allen? The guy simply doesn`t give a ****. I don`t think I`ve ever seen such calm and/or almost emotionless goalie. lol

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Damn Luuu. Why you suck in shootout?

Also trade Elliott to the Isles, or Panthers. Maybe not Panthers cause Markstrom will be up soon. Allen is at the least an NHL backup.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't blame Luongo for either of those. That was some fine work by both Blues forwards.

I don't fault goalies too much at all in shootouts. It's kinda like when people blame Marty (Or anybody) for giving up a breakaway goal in game. Luongo doesn't have the prettiest shootout record though. I've even seen a few Canucks fans a little on edge when they're about to go to a shootout with him.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It's really just insane, though.
That team has only made the playoffs 5 times in its history (in Raleigh).
Of those 5 times, they've faced the Devils all but 1.
In those 4 playoff series, they've won 3.

Got our number in the post season, no matter who's on that roster.

Got to kill those demons at some point if we want to be the beast and defend our Eastern crown. Wardo still might short circuit, I am not sold on them yet. Definitely not sold on the Flyers either, they might be the Atlantic's bubble team, but they have so many injuries I don't know. One second it seems they are righting the ship, next sinking.

Rags will make it, but they are built for a first round meltdown.

I do care if Pitt wins because I think we do have a legit shot to win the Atlantic. Winning the east isn't a big deal, Boston can have the 1 seed, but I wouldn't mind it. Know you guys get superstitious, but I don't think we are a bubble team at all.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Steve, and Chico told me the Isles will be a playoff team though!

The southeast is a mess. The obvious in DC, Tampa has some awful defense, but some of the best offense in the league. They could almost be first in the league in goals for, and last in goals against. It wouldn't surprise me.

Florida has been blowing multiple goal leads in the 3rd period a lot nowadays, and winds up taking the OT loss.

Winnipeg's D is as suspect as what they're icing in down here in Tampa.

Carolina I thought was the most upgraded team this off season.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
I don't fault goalies too much at all in shootouts. It's kinda like when people blame Marty (Or anybody) for giving up a breakaway goal in game. Luongo doesn't have the prettiest shootout record though. I've even seen a few Canucks fans a little on edge when they're about to go to a shootout with him.
True, but manila made a good point. When Florida played the Flyers, some fans were harping on Bryzgalov (he doesn`t have a good SO record either), but the fact is that both Mueller and Huberdeau would make anyone look like a fool with those moves and his teammates (Briere and Giroux missed) should`ve scored. Can`t always blame the goaltender, even if his record suggests you could.

manilaNJ

Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Not for nothing, but the Blues have looked pretty damn good ever since Backes took the locker room to task in that one interview.

Maybe it's Allen effect - but the overall team effort looks better.
Which is good, because I love watching the Blues play. And also bad because I covet half their forwards.

He's definitely not my first choice to go into the SO with - but, granted its small sample size- I like his chances better than Schneider's.
But, he hasn't had a lot of time to prove himself in that area.
With the way people were running Luongo out of town, I think a lot forget how raw Schneider really is right now.

Got to kill those demons at some point if we want to be the beast and defend our Eastern crown. Wardo still might short circuit, I am not sold on them yet. Definitely not sold on the Flyers either, they might be the Atlantic's bubble team, but they have so many injuries I don't know. One second it seems they are righting the ship, next sinking.

Rags will make it, but they are built for a first round meltdown.

I do care if Pitt wins because I think we do have a legit shot to win the Atlantic. Winning the east isn't a big deal, Boston can have the 1 seed, but I wouldn't mind it. Know you guys get superstitious, but I don't think we are a bubble team at all.

Trust me, I'm usually 100% behind "do your own dirty work" when it comes to winning, but that freaking team gets the best of my nerves.

I agree with your assessment of the Atlantic, though.
I had the Flyers missing the post season, and that's more apparent than ever.
Then again - you never know how looney toons Holmgren will decide to be and what roster moves he makes.

I think the Rags will start to roll, but I think we finish pretty close to them in the standings.

Seeding doesn't matter to me much, but it's a big ol' visual F-U to the doubters.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I still think Vancouver has the best goalie tandem in the league hands down. I can't think of a better one right now. Pittsburgh's isn't too bad either, but there's some controversy involved with both. I still think We've gotta be in the top 5 easily.

Philly? They need Bryz as much as we laugh at him. It's either him or Leighton/Boosh. The Rangers won't go far without Henrik as much as we give him a hard time. Biron sucked the other night.

manilaNJ

Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
Gotta give AV credit for not mishandling the goaltending situation based on the circus this summer. It would have been a huge mistake to push Luongo out the door so quickly.

They've got a solid tandem to ride for the time being.
Luongo will be better with a lighter work load and Schneider still needs to ease into a starting position.
Hopefully Schneider will be ready to take on the role as the summer comes along, because their cap situation is pretty ugly otherwise.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Gotta give AV credit for not mishandling the goaltending situation based on the circus this summer. It would have been a huge mistake to push Luongo out the door so quickly.

They've got a solid tandem to ride for the time being.
Luongo will be better with a lighter work load and Schneider still needs to ease into a starting position.
Hopefully Schneider will be ready to take on the role as the summer comes along, because their cap situation is pretty ugly otherwise.
I'm not sure what happens with Luongo. I think he'd prefer to go to the Panthers if he had to choose. They got Markstrom though, but he's yet to even see a full year as backup in the NHL. Not sure when he gets a chance. They got Crapper clogging up a spot until the end of next season. I don't see them throwing Markstrom to the wolves next year. Theodore's contract is up though this Summer.

manilaNJ

Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
If Luongo > Panthers goes down this summer (and I don't think Vancouver should move Luongo til then) ... then they can obviously let Theodore walk.

If Markstrom's ready to handle some of the NHL load, then I think there are more than a couple of teams willing to bite on Clemmer.

The Panthers have the youth, what they need is another vet or two littering the lineup to tie all the pieces together. There's definitely a trade to be made there to open up a spot for Markstrom.

Getzo5

The Punisher
Feb 13, 2010
Presov, SVK
If Luongo > Panthers goes down this summer (and I don't think Vancouver should move Luongo til then) ... then they can obviously let Theodore walk.

If Markstrom's ready to handle some of the NHL load, then I think there are more than a couple of teams willing to bite on Clemmer.

The Panthers have the youth, what they need is another vet or two littering the lineup to tie all the pieces together. There's definitely a trade to be made there to open up a spot for Markstrom.
More interesting question. If the Canucks and their overly emotional fans make up their mind and decide to trade Schneids, should we pursuit?

manilaNJ

Mar 5, 2012
New Jersey
More interesting question. If the Canucks and their overly emotional fans make up their mind and decide to trade Schneids, should we pursuit?

I'm not sold, personally.
Too early to tell, though.

If he's worth it, he won't be available when it's time to start transitioning into the post-Marty era.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I look at it this way like I said earlier. Raggies, Pens, and Boston all played bottom feeders tonight, and kept them down. Yeah they move closer to us, but they keep the crap in the toilet and flush it down some more.

The wiLOLd though ew.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I look at it this way like I said earlier. Raggies, Pens, and Boston all played bottom feeders tonight, and kept them down. Yeah they move closer to us, but they keep the crap in the toilet and flush it down some more.

The wiLOLd though ew.

Pretty much this. Ya would of loved for the Rags to lose, but the Caps are just a mess so that was a pipe dream. Apparently the only team that can beat Pitt is us it seems lol. Buffalo is a mess, not surprised Boston beat them either. Wild can't lose EVERY game.

Good way to look at it, much better for our security for Buffalo, and Winnipeg to be kept as far to the bottom as possible.

IF you think only one SE team will make it, you can't also think Ottawa sneaks in with all the injuries right? Who gets what is currently the last spot? Philly maybe? I don't see Buffalo righting that ship at all, and I really doubt the Islanders. I think Tampa could definitely get in, and I think they will still contend with the Canes for the SE crown, but I could see both of them making it.

I will be really shocked if both Toronto AND Montreal make it. That would be crazy.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Pretty much this. Ya would of loved for the Rags to lose, but the Caps are just a mess so that was a pipe dream. Apparently the only team that can beat Pitt is us it seems lol. Buffalo is a mess, not surprised Boston beat them either. Wild can't lose EVERY game.

Good way to look at it, much better for our security for Buffalo, and Winnipeg to be kept as far to the bottom as possible.

IF you think only one SE team will make it, you can't also think Ottawa sneaks in with all the injuries right? Who gets what is currently the last spot? Philly maybe? I don't see Buffalo righting that ship at all, and I really doubt the Islanders. I think Tampa could definitely get in, and I think they will still contend with the Canes for the SE crown, but I could see both of them making it.

I will be really shocked if both Toronto AND Montreal make it. That would be crazy.

Good question. You know I was just saying a week or two ago to myself that if Toronto does make it, then Montreal would be out. Or vice versa. I'm still not convinced Toronto will make it. They started out great last year too. Ottawa who knows? I mean they did finish in 13th or 14th just two years ago, but we finished near the bottom too thanks to MacLoser, Langenbummer and the horrible first half. I think Ottawa had Spezza, and Karlsson for most of that season too.

Same **** every year from Toronto. The fact James Reimer has a 930 save percentage or something is also something I'm laughing at. He's one of the worst goalies in the league, and I doubt he holds up. I know he's injured now. I wouldn't be surprised to see Buffalo come back from the dead like last year only to just miss again. They came back in 10/11 too I think. The Isles I'm still not convinced they'll sniff anything. They'll have to play Nabby every game, but Visnovsky is a solid addition.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I still think Vancouver has the best goalie tandem in the league hands down. I can't think of a better one right now. Pittsburgh's isn't too bad either, but there's some controversy involved with both. I still think We've gotta be in the top 5 easily.

Philly? They need Bryz as much as we laugh at him. It's either him or Leighton/Boosh. The Rangers won't go far without Henrik as much as we give him a hard time. Biron sucked the other night.

Crawford/Emery is outplaying the Nuck duo this year

Corey Crawford = 7-0-3 with 1.65 GAA and .935 Sv Pct
Ray Emery = 5-0-0 with 2.17 GAA and .929 Sv Pct

vs

Roberto Luongo = 4-0-3 with 1.63 GAA and .934 Sv Pct
Cory Schneider = 4-3-0 with 2.62 GAA and .912 Sv Pct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad