GDT: 2013 NHL Free Agent Frenzy Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Worst post I've seen all day. That's saying something.

It's the same thing with a new GM. All with their stupid catch phrases.

Bergevin it's "character"
Gauthier it was.. cookie management.
Gainey it was about "il travaille beaucoup".

I'm tired of hearing about character and using it as some way to deflect questions about why the hell we haven't addressed 3 of our biggest needs then spent the budget to get some of those players on a guy who brings the same problem to the team.

Talking about developing talent but Eller/Galchenyuk once again won't get work on the PP and I'll love watching Briere-DD-Gionta and Bourque-Plekanec-Moen trying to score on it.

Apr 28, 2010
DD-Briere-Plekanec vs.

Zetterberg-Weiss-Datsyuk
Kadri-Bozak-Bolland
Krejci-Bergeron-Soderberg

I still think we're playoff bound but it'll be another 1st round exit.

No matter how our roster looks like, we can still keep up vs the Bruins, I guarantee you that.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
That would be fine except that we won't finish low enough to get top picks...

The sad thing is, it looked like we were heading in the right direction. PK, Max, Price, Gally x2... a decent draft and our GM saying all the right things.

Then we go and do this crap... again.

Gainey 2.0 I'm telling ya guys...

Sidenote: I was on a great diet and working out a lot and everything... then I move into student housing (again) for the first time in years and my roommate is a filthy slob who doesn't cook and hadn't supplied a single pot, pan, dish or piece of cutlery. For the time being I have resorted to fast food and hfboards.

And it's all Bergevin's fault :rant:

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
DD-Briere-Plekanec vs.

Zetterberg-Weiss-Datsyuk
Kadri-Bozak-Bolland
Krejci-Bergeron-Soderberg

Detroit 1st for sure. krejci and bergeron are great. too early to tell on soderberg. I'd take briere and pleks over bozak and kadri any day of the week. love holland though

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about character and using it as some way to deflect questions about why the hell we haven't addressed 3 of our biggest needs then spent the budget to get some of those players on a guy who brings the same problem to the team.

Talking about developing talent but Eller/Galchenyuk once again won't get work on the PP and I'll love watching Briere-DD-Gionta and Bourque-Plekanec-Moen trying to score on it.
You are dead on right.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I still think we're playoff bound but it'll be another 1st round exit.

No matter how our roster looks like, we can still keep up vs the Bruins, I guarantee you that.

New alignment makes it hard. Boston-Ottawa-Toronto-Detroit all look poised to do better than us.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
People here are funny.

The only team who got SIGNIFICANTLY better is Detroit, adding Weiss AND Alfredsson.

Boston lost Jagr, Seguin, Peverley and Horton. Added Eriksson.
Ottawa lost Alfredsson and Silfverberg. Added Ryan and MacArthur.
Toronto lost MacArthur and Grabovski. Added Clarkson, Bolland and Bernier.
Buffalo did **** all.
TB added Filpulla, lost Lecavalier.
Florida did **** all.

We lost Ryder. Added Briere.

All in all, nobody got SIGNIFICANTLY better.

Ottawa got better offensively, but not all that dramatically.
Toronto lost some offense in detriment to physicality.
Boston lost TONS of depth.
TB might have lost offense.

Well said. People are just talking what other teams added instead of acknowledging the fact that they lost significant pieces as well.

lou4gehrig

Aug 2, 2005

Again. Like the other whiners, offer some alternatives to the reality that has happened. We know the price for the "big names" like Clarkson and Vinny and Ryan.

So present a scenario with current assets and cap situation to construct a worthy team. You can't just sit in your basement and call MB and idiot over and over without showing realistic alternatives.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Its the Habs.. they will move Eller to the wing.

And you know this how?

Also in another post you just suggested Moen would get PP time over Galch and Eller, and MAXPAC.

Stop being so negative. There's plenty to complain about, you don't need to make stuff up.

Last edited:

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Habs might be able to make a Bobby Ryan type trade in the future. Think about how many high draft picks and NHL young players they have and compare it what the Habs have at the forward position. We only just drafted McCaron/DLR/Collberg.

Not the biggest fan of signing Briere/Trading Kristo but I like the fact he's not straying away from building team depth.

Habs are currently filled with so many valueless scrubs...tough to trade when no one wants more than half your roster outside the hand full of assets.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
nothing to suggest they won't be. Bernier himself basically said it was a formality. CLarkson deal is stupid because of term, but he's gonna be big help for the next 2-3 seasons. And if Bernier delivers as I think he will, they will be a MUCH improved team short term.

They still need to sign Gunnarson as well.... And Gardiner's EL ends next season.

Le Messie

Jul 8, 2009
With the Habs it's always the same story. Strong first half of season, then everything goes to ****.

Don't think it's going to change this year.

And signing Parros is the most ridiculous thing I could ever imagine ... it's like George Laraque over again. I thought they wanted players with size who could play hockey.

Ghetto Sangria

Apr 14, 2009
It's far more likely that the agent says that than go out and admit that his client just wanted more money right after he got 30mil in buyout cash. I remain convinced that the Habs should've aggressively targeted Lecavalier and gave him a competitive offer:handclap:

It's funny how you choose to believe the Hockey insiders and the media on a rumor of the term and money offered to lecavalier, but dismiss them at every other turn.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Gainey 2.0 I'm telling ya guys...

Sidenote: I was on a great diet and working out a lot and everything... then I move into student housing (again) for the first time in years and my roommate is a filthy slob who doesn't cook and hadn't supplied a single pot, pan, dish or piece of cutlery. For the time being I have resorted to fast food and hfboards.

And it's all Bergevin's fault :rant:
It's early on, but you look like you're right. But it's the bad Gainey, not the good...

Still think you're totally wrong on Vinny though. I'm glad we dodged that bullet. Too bad we had to get hit with another one.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007

You are dead on right.

It's scary how right he is.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Ottawa has 2 first line centres down the middle. Maybe not as complete as boston's top 2 centres but the sens certainly have more offensive power. Detroit is right there too with datsyuk, and zetterberg (if they want him at C). even if Z is not playing C, weiss is a decent #2 C

Our new division is becoming pretty strong down the middle.

I'm shocked to hear that clarkson actually left money on the table to go to Toronto. Someone actually tried to give more than he already got???

void

Jan 5, 2006
Next year's going to be really interesting.

UFAs: Gionta, Parros, Markov, Emelin, Bouillon, Diaz
RFAs: Eller, Subban

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad