GDT: 2013 NHL Free Agent Frenzy Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjo Cat

May 31, 2007
Parros has a year left on his contract right? I assume Bergevin is just buying more time to get a better guy.

Dr_Hook

Jun 4, 2006
People here are funny.

The only team who got SIGNIFICANTLY better is Detroit, adding Weiss AND Alfredsson.

Boston lost Jagr, Seguin, Peverley and Horton. Added Eriksson.
Ottawa lost Alfredsson and Silfverberg. Added Ryan and MacArthur.
Toronto lost MacArthur and Grabovski. Added Clarkson, Bolland and Bernier.
Buffalo did **** all.
TB added Filpulla, lost Lecavalier.
Florida did **** all.

We lost Ryder. Added Briere.

All in all, nobody got SIGNIFICANTLY better.

Ottawa got better offensively, but not all that dramatically.
Toronto lost some offense in detriment to physicality.
Boston lost TONS of depth.
TB might have lost offense.

You forgot Ottawa should have a full year of healthy Spezza and Cowen. Add that to Ryan : they ARE significantly better, no doubt.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Character up the wazoo. That's my personnel take on the direction of this administration.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Thanks for bringing character to Montreal, Bergevin.

We'll be able to finish the final Game of Thrones book with all the character you've given us.

Plenty of time since we won't make the play-offs.

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005
Ottawa is much better.
Toronto is better.
Boston is probably better in the short term, though Horton is a loss he's never healthy anyway.

Who cares about the others?

You realize that neither Bernier or Kadri are signed, right?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
They are in our division and we have to battle them for playoff spots? Allignment kicks in..
Maybe in terms of making a playoff spot...

At the end of the day though, our rivals are better and we aren't. We are actually worse... and we've hurt the development of our younger centers.
RFA, tons of cap space... not going to be a problem.
Character up the wazoo. That's my personnel take on the direction of this administration.
So why didn't we add any?

TheGoalJudge

Feb 12, 2007
Bergevin's patience will be rewarded I believe. We will have flexibility in the future as well as a ton of prospects ready to step in.

CaptainBenn

Sep 8, 2012
Hey guys maybe we will win a cup in 10-15 years you know lets do like the oilers and build through the draft and never pay the price for guys like Ryan because we need prospects to win a Stanley cup in 10 years you know

lou4gehrig

Aug 2, 2005
Thanks for bringing character to Montreal, Bergevin.

We'll be able to finish the final Game of Thrones book with all the character you've given us.

Plenty of time since we won't make the play-offs.

Worst post I've seen all day. That's saying something.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Maybe in terms of making a playoff spot...

At the end of the day though, our rivals are better and we aren't. We are actually worse... and we've hurt the development of our younger centers.

DD-Briere-Plekanec vs.

Zetterberg-Weiss-Datsyuk
Kadri-Bozak-Bolland
Krejci-Bergeron-Soderberg

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
He asked who was big and got a good contract. Hendricks fits ( way more than shrimpy briere)

Yes, but what I'm saying is the implication in both the question and the answer was referring to top6 forwards. Hendricks and Briere are completely different. And even if the question didn't have that implication, Hendricks isn't going to be our power forward so it's a moot point in my opinion

Harpo

Lyle forever
Sep 20, 2007
Quebec City
What a terrible idea.
Well, I'd prefer Iginla to Latendresse, but I'm trying to stay realistic.

Some people here would dance in the streets if we could get rid of Desharnais for nothing, just because our average height would suddenly be a quarter of an inch taller.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Not going to panic yet. Still tons of time to make some moves. However, I'll be more than worried if this is the lineup we have come October.

lou4gehrig

Aug 2, 2005
Hey guys maybe we will win a cup in 10-15 years you know lets do like the oilers and build through the draft and never pay the price for guys like Ryan because we need prospects to win a Stanley cup in 10 years you know

So what's the Ryan trade you mentioned that beats Ottawa's deal?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
That would be fine except that we won't finish low enough to get top picks...

The sad thing is, it looked like we were heading in the right direction. PK, Max, Price, Gally x2... a decent draft and our GM saying all the right things.

Then we go and do this crap... again.

Dr_Hook

Jun 4, 2006

nothing to suggest they won't be. Bernier himself basically said it was a formality. CLarkson deal is stupid because of term, but he's gonna be big help for the next 2-3 seasons. And if Bernier delivers as I think he will, they will be a MUCH improved team short term.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
People here are funny.

The only team who got SIGNIFICANTLY better is Detroit, adding Weiss AND Alfredsson.

Boston lost Jagr, Seguin, Peverley and Horton. Added Eriksson.
Ottawa lost Alfredsson and Silfverberg. Added Ryan and MacArthur.
Toronto lost MacArthur and Grabovski. Added Clarkson, Bolland and Bernier.
Buffalo did **** all.
TB added Filpulla, lost Lecavalier.
Florida did **** all.

We lost Ryder. Added Briere.

All in all, nobody got SIGNIFICANTLY better.

Ottawa got better offensively, but not all that dramatically.
Toronto lost some offense in detriment to physicality.
Boston lost TONS of depth.
TB might have lost offense.

Who cares. It's not about who won today. It's about how many teams are actually better than us now? Now, with our current line up, we can't even talk about the cup, it will be a hard battle just to make the playoffs now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad