GDT: 2013 NHL Free Agent Frenzy Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Wonder why ever since MB and Therrien came here, when they talk to journalist, often they do this, they repeat when they just said in one language in another language even though the following question had nothing to do with it? It feels very rehearsed and they have to follow the script. :laugh:

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Should have signed Gordon for 3 mill for 3 years.

I'd rather do that then trade an asset for one later during the season when we've lost most of our games because we can't kill a penalty or win a face-off.

How does Briere fill any of our needs? It doesn't address a need, then he goes on record saying you don't build your core on free agency, then his Briere signing makes even less sense.

I have a lot of forks but no knives. Better buy some more forks.

Analyzer*

I'd rather do that then trade an asset for one later during the season when we've lost most of our games because we can't kill a penalty or win a face-off.

How does Briere fill any of our needs? It doesn't address a need, then he goes on record saying you don't build your core on free agency, then his Briere signing makes even less sense.

I have a lot of forks but no knives. Better buy some more forks.

How is Briere part of the core ?

Habs lose a bunch of games and trade a 2nd for a ****** centre to win draws, then that will suck ass. Right now signing Gordon for that would have sucked big time.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
On the bright side, now when people mispell Gorges as Georges it's a little closer to looking like a typo than idiocy.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I actually like MBs answer about the price to pay for size. It's tough. Obviously other GMs know we need it, it's pretty hard not to get bent over. Not too mention it's also hard to find a team willing to trade a reliable top6 player with size.

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
People here are funny.

The only team who got SIGNIFICANTLY better is Detroit, adding Weiss AND Alfredsson.

Boston lost Jagr, Seguin, Peverley and Horton. Added Eriksson.
Ottawa lost Alfredsson and Silfverberg. Added Ryan and MacArthur.
Toronto lost MacArthur and Grabovski. Added Clarkson, Bolland and Bernier.
Buffalo did **** all.
TB added Filpulla, lost Lecavalier.
Florida did **** all.

We lost Ryder. Added Briere.

All in all, nobody got SIGNIFICANTLY better.

Ottawa got better offensively, but not all that dramatically.
Toronto lost some offense in detriment to physicality.
Boston lost TONS of depth.
TB might have lost offense.

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
"Thomas is not big but he's thick, competes hard. I like Christian Thomas, and what he brought. I was willing to give up a good player for Christian Thomas."

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
The stress of the last couple of weeks is showing, thank god this crap's over with now back to the prospects and Sunday's game between them.

Pierre Dagenais

pissening
Jan 10, 2007
montreal
Probably, although we would save 4 millions in cap space for the trade deadline and if Latendresse could stay healthy, it wouldn't be such a downgrade.

I just think Gionta's the odd man out with the Brière signing. I'm ready to give a second chance to DD, and Gallagher is awesome.

What a terrible idea.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
"we need to trade half our team for big skilled players" -Bergevin

I didn't know Ottawa gutted half their team for talent.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Something along the lines of "you give me a player with size who signed a contract that was worth it today".

Not word for word, but along those lines.

Matt hendricks at less Money than danny briere (1.85 for 4 years)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad