GDT: 2013 NHL Free Agent Frenzy Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
"There's a price to pay for players that 29 other teams want... like I thought Lecavalier was worth only 3 million a year but Briere worth 4 because I'm an arrogant dbag"

Wow Bergevin's getting pretty hard on himself.

Apr 28, 2010
I said the same thing to myself when the trade happened. Imagine Koivu, going from MTL to Anaheim. AMERICAN DREAM! :yo:

Lol seriously, right? You live near the beaches, you always see girls in bikinis and its hot all the time. Then you move to Ottawa..lol good luck, bobby. It's a good trade though.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I was going to suggest a 'character' drinking game during Bergevin press conferences but then I realized it isn't something worth dying for...

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I don't know about anyone else but when TSN has David Clarkson as the #1 UFA on their list the entire UFA list wasn't that great to begin with IMO..

It's because they knew through Dreger (who is Nonis' cousin) that Clarkson would sign and therefore wanted to inflate Clarkson's status to continue the toronto propaganda

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
I don't know about anyone else but when TSN has David Clarkson as the #1 UFA on their list the entire UFA list wasn't that great to begin with IMO..

There's like 15 guys that are better than Clarkson, but by doing that TSN can make it look like their Leafs got the best player available. They're winning the Cup next year, just ask Darren Dreger

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Lecavalier showed interest but money and term wasn't what Berg was ok with(obv). Persued Briere, persued both at the same time.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Character is for Bergevin what Truculence was for Burke.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Something along the lines of "you give me a player with size who signed a contract that was worth it today".

Not word for word, but along those lines.
Vincent. fkn. Lecavalier.

THEN DONT SIGN A USELESS MIDGET BERGY COME ON ...

Tiiiiiiiiiired. Never felt that angry with a GM since Houle.
Yeah with Gainey and Gauthier (to an extent) it was a slow burn, with Houle and now Bergevin it feels like every single move he makes just infuriates me.

Harpo

Lyle forever
Sep 20, 2007
Quebec City
Replace Gionta with Latendresse???? :laugh::laugh::laugh:

A clear case of underrating Gionta and blind obsession with size here.
Probably, although we would save 4 millions in cap space for the trade deadline and if Latendresse could stay healthy, it wouldn't be such a downgrade.

I just think Gionta's the odd man out with the Brière signing. I'm ready to give a second chance to DD, and Gallagher is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad