GDT: 2013 NHL Free Agent Frenzy Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Bergevin says that Parros brings a lot of character to the team.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I don't think we're truly a 2nd place team in the east, just like we weren't a 15th in the east the year before. We're probably a decent enough bet for 5-8 in the east at this point, and losing your topline center is a pretty big deal. So yeah, would be really tough to make the playoffs, at least in the short term until chucky matures.

On the other hand, we'd never know what Eller or Chucky are ready for if we never give them the chance to prove it... :naughty:

Anyway if that's all it came down to - going through 1 tough year to end up with the top-six I hypothesized - I would probably do it. Worse case scenario, you can sign a purely defensive 3rd/4th line center to shoulder some of the workload. And jettison Desharnais to the AHL for all anyone cares.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
I don't think we're truly a 2nd place team in the east, just like we weren't a 15th in the east the year before. We're probably a decent enough bet for 5-8 in the east at this point, and losing your topline center is a pretty big deal. So yeah, would be really tough to make the playoffs, at least in the short term until chucky matures.

Surrounding Eller with a tough as nails winger like Simmonds would help too.

Galchenyuk will be ready before you know it. 2 more years max.

void

Jan 5, 2006
"Nothing on the horizon for now but things happen quickly."

KingGallagherXI

Jul 10, 2009
This guy is one fight away from being Komisareck, he will enter the NHL huge and intimidating, get in a fight and then will end his career bought out by the maple leafs.

I like MBs plan, acquire coke machines that can't play and tiny midgets who can't do anything but buzz around the perimeter.

Yeah what a dumbass MB, I wish you were our GM instead, you would be better, the only reason you're not already a GM in the NHL already is that everyone is too dumb to realize your genius

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
This guy is one fight away from being Komisareck, he will enter the NHL huge and intimidating, get in a fight and then will end his career bought out by the maple leafs.

I like MBs plan, acquire coke machines that can't play and tiny midgets who can't do anything but buzz around the perimeter.

Interesting projection. I wish I had enough foresight to get this much information about a player's ability from reading he got hit in the face with a slap shot at a prospect camp.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Did anybody catch that Bergevin said "was just finishing a trade before coming in here" and don't ask about it? Or was Bergevin talking about the Parros deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad