GDT: 2013 NHL Free Agent Frenzy Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
Guys - don't believe every rumour you read.

Why would Philly trade Simmonds for Plekanec? Makes absolutely no sense. They have Giroux, Vinny, Schenn and Couturier at center.

Simmonds is just the type of player the Flyers love..he's young, skilled, tough as nails, and he's a winger. Why would they trade him..and another winger with grit in Talbot..for another center..and a small one at that? Not the Flyers style at all.

This reeks of a Hab fan looking at what the Habs need and coming up with this rumour out of the blue.

Yep and besides that we never pull off these types of big trades, just doesn't happen

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
If you believe Plekanec is the difference between finishing near the top of the league last year and finishing toward the bottom of the league the next year.

He might be...but he might not be either. It's something I'd think hard about rolling the dice on.

I don't think we're truly a 2nd place team in the east, just like we weren't a 15th in the east the year before. We're probably a decent enough bet for 5-8 in the east at this point, and losing your topline center is a pretty big deal. So yeah, would be really tough to make the playoffs, at least in the short term until chucky matures.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
In unrelated news, I'd like to see the Habs go for a sort of reclamation project with Theo Peckham. Not sure how that adds up on the blueline though.

There's a fake rumour site that keeps talking about Peckham for the last 3-4 years now....you'd think that the Habs would have been all over him right now...

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
While it's a BS rumor..

Simmonds would have to be coming back if I traded Beaulieu. No way do I ****ing trade Pleks.

I'd rather

Coburn, Simmonds and Talbot for Desharnais, Beaulieu, Moen and a 1st.

If Chevaldayoff and Bergevin put their minds to it they can probably strengthen each of their teams and not let Ottawa steal the Thunder this off-season. The Habs are in dire need of another top four Dman like Bogosian.

Send Winnipeg the Habs 1st & 2nd round picks for 2014 and Diaz + Gionta +Beaulieu. Bogosian is a RFA and would bring the Habs defence corps up to snuff with the rest of elite defences in the NHL.:nod:

dreamingofdrouin*

anyone know where we can watch the bergevin press conference?

lou4gehrig

Aug 2, 2005
This just popped on the Nucks board.

I don't hate it, although I want Talbot involved.

So the thing about Plek is that he's been a good player for us and a loyal servant, but he'll likely not be here when we're challenging for a cup. This team is all about PK, Gal, Gal, Price, MaxPac. Simmonds finds there better.

Coburn is a wild card. If he can regain some form this is a no-brainer for us.

OneSharpMarble

Oct 30, 2007
Calgary
In other news, Our newest addition from the first round got a shot from Bennet right in the mouth.

This guy is one fight away from being Komisareck, he will enter the NHL huge and intimidating, get in a fight and then will end his career bought out by the maple leafs.

I like MBs plan, acquire coke machines that can't play and tiny midgets who can't do anything but buzz around the perimeter.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
There is no way beaulieu gets you possibly the 2 or 3 best power forward in the league straight up.
In terms of prospects, he's not even our best (I like tinordi better).

Beaulieu is good but still green. Simmonds is good and proven.

I will concede that Simmonds is proven, but I wouldn't say he's the #2 or #3 Power forward. It's hard to decide what one is but really if Beaulieu develops into what he supposed to (in general) he'll be as valuable as Simmonds. Also, I'm saying that a package deal with those two as the main pieces would be fair. Obviously there would need to be additions made to even it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad