GDT: 2013 NHL Free Agent Frenzy Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
do we believe this?

Stephane laporte ‏@laportestephane 1m
rumeur. Échange montréal-philadelphie. Coburn, simmonds et talbot pour plekanec, beaulieu et moen.

you guys realize these people are reading this thread and creating rumours about the players you keep mentioning...right?!

I feel like I'm taking ****ing crazy pills

Dec 2, 2010
I actually don't want Coburn. He's awful, awful defensively and no it's not the Philly effect. It's just he's bad. He's not consistently physical either. Fringe #4 at the moment.

Yozzy

Feb 19, 2012
What would need to happen to the deal if you just yank both Pleks and Simmonds out of it?

Analyzer*

The deal makes no sense from both sides.

Why are we moving Plekanec? Does DD-BRIERE-ELLER put the fear of god into any team? No, they laugh because our center is stuck behind our own net falling down in agony because they can't retrieve the puck.

That's what Simmonds, Bourque, Pacioretty go and get the puck.

SnapVirus

Jul 16, 2010
Mtl., QC.
Rumor is BS. But value is fair.

Simmonds - Eller - Gallagher
Pacioretty - DD - Prust
Bourque - Galchenyuk - Briere
Talbot - White - Parros/Parros

But we are still small : Gallagher, Gionta, Desharnais, Briere

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
We got pummeled in five to the team that just added Bobby freakin Ryan to its roster.

And they did that without losing anyone off their roster?

Oh wait, they lost their captain who finished 3rd in points on their team and a guy who scored 1 less goal than Bobby ryan last year.

Apr 28, 2010
Just woke up from a 2 hour nap!

Did we just sign George ************* Parros?

Woooooooo! Prusty is not alone anymore! :box::box::box:

Dichow Stopper

Former ChuckyToGally
Aug 9, 2004
Why are we still talking about Talbot when Lavoie said that he is not moving?

Hope that we are not trading Beaulieu for Coburn...

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
That's what Simmonds, Bourque, Pacioretty go and get the puck.

And they are warn down by game 3 because Briere and DD have not one a ********* face-off. Not to mention we're down 6-0 because we can't shut down their best players or kill a penalty.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
The deal makes no sense from both sides.

Why are we moving Plekanec? Does DD-BRIERE-ELLER put the fear of god into any team? No, they laugh because our center is stuck behind our own net falling down in agony because they can't retrieve the puck.

Maybe it won't, but a top 6 down the road (or even as early as next year) of Eller, Galchenyuk, Pacioretty, Simmonds, Gallagher and Bourque doesn't look too bad to me. Or too small.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Beaulieu doesn't get you Simmonds. The other garbage doesn't get you Coburn and garbage

How is a 2nd rounder, DD, and Moen garbage?! Say what you want about the value/need for the flyers in the context of this trade, but you're completely wrong about their general value. DD would be in heaven on the flyers, he'd be easily sheltered and would rip it up. Moen and Talbot are a wash, and Coburn is the kind of Dman we need and is still 28 (which is young for a Dman). Not to mention a second round pick is always great to have in your pocket.

And yes, Beaulieu could get you Simmonds (and vice versa), there right there with one another in value. Both rare types.

Unbelievable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad