GDT: 2013 NHL Free Agent Frenzy Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
If we move Plekanec without getting serious young talented players in return its a bad trade.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I don't believe that philly rumour but I would do it if he swapped Plek for DD & a 2nd.

Coburn, Simmonds, Talbot

for

DD, 2nd, Beaulieu, Moen

Not too bad. It won't happen either way though :laugh:

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
It's not about wether its starts tomorrow or not. If nothing is done by the end of the Week-end, nothing will be done.

You obviously haven't followed other off-seasons. There are a lot of good players picked up as late as August... often for more reasonable prices.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
You dodged question. WHO will be better than Horton other than a vague "somebody".

Hamilton was already playing so he can't replace himself and Ference

They don't have that type of prospect to replace Horton, not right now. Hamilton was already in their lineup last year ( regular season )

Hamilton will just take more ice-time... It's an easy concept to understand.

They have pretty good youngsters in their system that could pull a Gallagher this year. Starting with Soderberg.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Parros is decent, we had to do something. Hopefully MB can get one or two more strong forwards and a crease clearing D that will stick up for Subban and Diaz.

Analyzer*

I don't believe that philly rumour but I would do it if he swapped Plek for DD & a 2nd.

Coburn, Simmonds, Talbot

for

DD, 2nd, Beaulieu, Moen

Beaulieu doesn't get you Simmonds. The other garbage doesn't get you Coburn and garbage

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Many here think we are trading some of our smurfs in order to get bigger. I find this thinking funny.

I would like for someone to convince me why anyone would want either Gionta or DD for the money they make. It's my opinion that the only team who wants these two guys is us. I would love for someone to show me the error in my thinking here. I would love to be wrong and have resigned myself to these two.

I've been saying the exact same thing for 2 days. If we move them its gonna cost prospects.

Gally and Chucky

No Excuses
Jun 11, 2011
Gatineau, Canada
God damn it.. I love Simmonds, but who plays Pleks role? DD? Hello Ekblad.

Lol. Lars is fully capable of taking his role. I think what is making Plekanec "tradeable" is Eller. He is Plekanec 2.0, except bigger and has a better offensive upside. This is practically the same friggin team that finished 1st in the northeast, except we replace Ryder with Briere. The young guns will be better too. What makes this fanbase so convinced we will have a bad year?

MXD

Partying Hard
Oct 27, 2005

Coburn, Simmonds, Talbot

for

DD, 2nd, Beaulieu, Moen

Not to mention, it might make more sense... I mean, do they really wanna play TP or VL on the 3rd line?!?!

And getting less D-Men doesn't make much sense from Philly perspective... unless I missed something about an earlier deal.

I mean... the only way the original deal makes sense from Philly perspective is if they really like Beaulieu and want to shed out some salary for a future offer sheet.

Forget it -- it makes no sense whatsoever.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Did Boston strengthen themselves... just wondering?
Horton leaving is a bit of a hole but Ference leaving isn't a problem with Hamilton coming in and Loui Eriksson is as good or better than Seguin.

Judging by posts here we finished bottom 5.
We got pummeled in five to the team that just added Bobby freakin Ryan to its roster.

Franck

eltiT resU motsuC
Jan 5, 2010
Gothenburg
Do we believe this?

Stephane Laporte ‏@laportestephane 1m
Rumeur. Échange Montréal-Philadelphie. Coburn, Simmonds et Talbot pour Plekanec, Beaulieu et Moen.

I don't believe it at all, but man would I love it if we actually made that trade.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Seriously.

"I'd do it if it were Mike Cichy instead of Nathan Beaulieu".

No kidding?

The deal makes no sense from both sides.

Why are we moving Plekanec? Does DD-BRIERE-ELLER put the fear of god into any team? No, they laugh because our center is stuck behind our own net falling down in agony because they can't retrieve the puck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad