GDT: 2013 NHL Free Agent Frenzy Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Tough guy with character? Who might it be?!?

dreamingofdrouin*

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 1h

Hear that the Habs are close to trading for some toughness...

well jesus...what a roller coaster:laugh:

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 1m

ITS NOT OVER GUYS

Chfan

Apr 16, 2004
Montreal
For two years of Ryan, it is.

People underestimate Steven Noesen. Would love to have him on our prospect list.

Exactly, and Silfverberg has shown that he is a very complete player with an amazing shot already. I would have taken this package way before what some of us are proposing (Beaulieu + Leblanc? :help:) for the Habs.

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 1m
Hear that the Habs are close to trading for some toughness..

PleaseBeSimmondsPleaseBeSimmondsPleaseBeSimmondsPleaseBeSimmonds

lou4gehrig

Aug 2, 2005
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 25s

Wait. I thought the roster was already set when we signed Briere? When everybody was laying out the lines with smurfs. Who knew the season doesn't actually start for another 3 months?

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
Are you serious? Free agency started TODAY.

HF needs to start enforcing its minimum age registration requirement.

Don't you understand? Unless your team's GM makes big moves on the 1st day of free agency your team is destined to get a top-5 pick.

Doesn't matter that other teams also lost important members of their team in order to get new players, that's completely irrelevant.:sarcasm:

mrcontractor*

HABSINSIDEMAN ‏@HABSINSIDEMAN 17s
Ben Eager's name is picking up speed #HABS

MDN

Jun 6, 2013
Montreal
Hope he explains how signing briere fits the :

- get bigger/harder to play against
&
- build via draft, not overpaying ufa's

philosophy he came on board espousing.

Hard to follow the consistency or logic in his moves the past 6-8months, hope he clears it up.
The Briere signing was more of a for now thing while the kids drafted work on their game to be nhl ready. Can't tank it up like the Oilers and bring in kids way before they're ready to.

As a bonus, Briere can also mentor Galchenyuk, Eller, and Gallagher, like he did many times over in Philly. I am not a fan of signing Briere myself, but I don't turn into an irrational cry baby over every move or non move.

I really hate Habs fans sometimes.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Are you serious? Free agency started TODAY.

HF needs to start enforcing its minimum age registration requirement.

I'm willing to bet we dont get bigger and we do ice a team very much like the one we have now which will be a disaster. When i lamented the briere deal the " stay the course" crowd said just wait for the 5th we are so in for a big ufa winger. We are not, we can take scraps, again.

in order to get big bodies means we are going to have to say goodbye to prospects because the people we want to get rid of have zero return.

Wow hamonic 7 years 27 million to the isles

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 3m Hear that the Habs are close to trading for some toughness...Expand Collapse Reply Retweet Retweeted
Delete
Favorite Favorited More
Share via email Embed Tweet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad